Freebies

[Vizio] Possible free XRT136 remote with Vizio P-series TV (2016?)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 4:10 pm
Tags:
25 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6787 posts
682 upvotes
Alberta
Just received an email that my free XRT136 remote has shipped. I have a Vizio P55-C1 (2016 model).

Dave
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6787 posts
682 upvotes
Alberta
sonyminidiscman wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 10:03 am
where do i check?
Under Freebies section and then under Computers and Electronics/Televisions.

Dave
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1507 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
I have a m60 and got the alert on my TV as it had a software update. They added the apps to the TV now instead of using the tablet remote, so you'll need a new remote and Vizio is sending them out for free. Ordered mine last night as well.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6787 posts
682 upvotes
Alberta
Mine is a P55-C1 and the remote has been shipped out.

Dave
Sep 23, 2007
153 posts
930 upvotes
Vancouver
Very cool news for anyone that bought the 'M' or 'P' model Vizio TV that just had "Smart Cast" but no smart TV interface.

Vizio is upgrading the software on the TV's to include a smart TV interface and offering to ship a brand new remote to owners for free.

Most owners should know about this already, or soon, as your TV should/will pop up with a note advising you about it all.

For those that haven't heard or haven't received the notification, you can go to this link and see if you TV is compatible - https://support.vizio.com/s/remote?language=en_CA

This is what the new smart TV interface should look like:

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6787 posts
682 upvotes
Alberta
redkulat wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 3:00 pm
I have t he M55 (2016) model, entered my serial code and it was eligible for a free remote. I don't have the update on my TV yet so hopefully they gets rolled out soon.
If you haven't do so, put in an order for a replacement remote. Shipping email said that it may take up to 4 weeks for it to arrive.

Dave
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6787 posts
682 upvotes
Alberta
Received my remote last week.

Dave
Sep 23, 2007
153 posts
930 upvotes
Vancouver
DavidY wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 9:56 am
Received my remote last week.

Dave
I did as well.

The remote works really well.

Now I just need to figure out how to add apps to the SmartCast TV. lol
Nov 16, 2006
487 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Recently bought a Vizio M50-D1 from Costco which comes with a tablet for a remote which is pretty inconvenient. Did a Google Search and came across this from Vizio's own site: https://support.vizio.com/s/remote?language=en_CA

Put in the serial number of my TV and turns out I was eligible for a free remote. Put in my information and got confirmation of my order. Will have to wait 8 weeks to see if its comes through but it may be enough for me to keep the TV as casting everything is a PITA and it doesn't even always work... If the remote is good I'll just use the tablet as a tablet instead.

Remote looks pretty decent: https://support.vizio.com/s/article/ka6 ... uage=en_US

Hope you guys like!