Food & Drink

Possible LCBO strike May 18. Update: Chaos & Mayhem Averted. No Strike.

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2013 7:17 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5426 posts
790 upvotes
Does anybody know what distribution system the Wine Rack stores use?

Do they run their own or is it through the LCBO warehouse system?
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
There is nothing wrong with LCBO. It's the Beer Store that is the one which needs an overhaul
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
7682 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
LOL at people who honestly thought there would be a strike and lined up to go buy.

If you keep people away from their alcohol, you'll get riots.
Jan 11, 2010
788 posts
22 upvotes
LCBO is fine if you don't mind the higher prices. The Beer Store is the one that needs to go. I always feel like big brother is watching. They also sell crap beer.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17604 posts
737 upvotes
Brampton
Haha.. Who didn't see this coming?
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
118 upvotes
LostInTruth wrote:
May 16th, 2013 11:06 pm
There is nothing wrong with LCBO. It's the Beer Store that is the one which needs an overhaul
Both have to go. Why is gov't selling alcohol anyway?

I was hoping for a strike, that way more people would start calling for an end to the monopoly. And it wouldn't affect me, I have enough booze to last me a while and I live a 20 minute walk away from an SAQ in Gatineau lol.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote:
May 18th, 2009 12:00 pm
I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote:
Nov 4th, 2008 8:43 pm
Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
5922 posts
151 upvotes
Murica
LCBO is such a cash cow to the govt.
Anyone been to the states?
Alcohol is so much cheaper down there.
Not to mention duty free shops. OMG
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
7682 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
flexwong wrote:
May 17th, 2013 12:15 pm
Both have to go. Why is gov't selling alcohol anyway?

I was hoping for a strike, that way more people would start calling for an end to the monopoly. And it wouldn't affect me, I have enough booze to last me a while and I live a 20 minute walk away from an SAQ in Gatineau lol.
I would have loved that too. Really shows that the Union Leadership is just stirring things up and know that to actually go on strike would be their demise (and loss of their high-paid, cushy jobs).

The thing with wine, whiskey and the LCBO, you have alot of "Power" players who would take it very personally if they couldn't get their favourite beverage, especially for a long-weekend. The Union knows they don't want to piss them off.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1100 posts
73 upvotes
craigdcan wrote:
May 9th, 2013 3:46 pm
The last near-strike resulting in record sales. I'm sure this one will be no different. Agreement reached right before the deadline. If not, make room for privately owned liquor stores....I hope.
Wise man!
× < >