Cell Phones

Is it possible to port from koodo to koodo ?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 11:35 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1025 posts
555 upvotes
North York
sorry to revive an old thread. Has anyone successfully ported between koodo -> PM/Prepaid koodo -> koodo ?
Dec 4, 2017
262 posts
77 upvotes
There were some glitches in the last couple of months on the Koodo Prepaid end, so I'd go with Public Mobile as an intermediary instead. It should still be instant transfer of service.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
16619 posts
5170 upvotes
Toronto
Porting to Public Mobile and back comes highly recommended. I have done it and everybody I know goes that route as well. Takes literally minutes to complete.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $0/3GB
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
7646 posts
1525 upvotes
???
xblackrainbow wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 10:14 pm
sorry to revive an old thread. Has anyone successfully ported between koodo -> PM/Prepaid koodo -> koodo ?
I ported Koodo to Koodo prepaid back to Koodo In Sept.
Had minor problem but was fixed very quickly

Maybe try the Public Mobile method in the future if i ever do so.
Koodo $40/8GB
Bell Fibe 300Mbps unlimited $25
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20072 posts
1743 upvotes
Toronto
I did a port from Koodo postpaid -> Koodo prepaid -> Koodo postpaid last weekend (ported out and then onto a PM migration plan)......

It was quick and painless - just make sure you have the following info when you port to Koodo prepaid:

1. Account # of Koodo postpaid
2. PIN on account
3. IMEI of phone that postpaid sim is in
4. Name of account holder

And then when you port back in from prepaid - similar info but of course prepaid specific...

I do agree that Koodo prepaid is pricey - sim is like $20 and then you need to activate\top up (I think $10 minimum) - I'd go with PM if the sim is free....
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2713 posts
547 upvotes
Oshawa
emale wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 2:06 am
I have a Koodo 48$ Manitoba plan ( with a 416 number), for the last 3-4 years.

I do see some members here selling koodo plans with more data and a lower monthly fee ($45 for 8GB)

My question is, if I takeover one of those plans, can I port my number ( hence cancelling the plan) from the old Manitoba plan to the new plan ?
You cannot port from Koodo Postpaid to Koodo Postpaid.

However you can port from Koodo Postpaid to Koodo Prepaid and then port back to Koodo Postpaid.

This is the SAME for all the other cellphone companies out there.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
15053 posts
5558 upvotes
Oakville
AV-Fishing wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 8:31 pm
You cannot port from Koodo Postpaid to Koodo Postpaid.

However you can port from Koodo Postpaid to Koodo Prepaid and then port back to Koodo Postpaid.

This is the SAME for all the other cellphone companies out there.
Uhh yeah, everybody else in the thread already covered that in the *3 months* since this was originally posted :P
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient