Careers

Possible second call to meet with President of Company!! Anyone have any experience?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2013 3:03 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 2, 2012
527 posts
11 upvotes

Possible second call to meet with President of Company!! Anyone have any experience?

Might get a second call to meet with President. Interview went good today from what I gather...anyone else met with the President for second interview? Will it be almost like the first one?? The President seems really relaxed and friendly, so I am not worried about being intimidated..I really really really want this job! What tips do you have for the second interview???

Thanks guys!
79 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
First of all what kind of job title is this??
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jul 2, 2012
527 posts
11 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: First of all what kind of job title is this??
This is for a senior bookkeeping position within a mining product supply company!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1903 posts
186 upvotes
krissypoo27 wrote: Might get a second call to meet with President. Interview went good today from what I gather...anyone else met with the President for second interview? Will it be almost like the first one?? The President seems really relaxed and friendly, so I am not worried about being intimidated..I really really really want this job! What tips do you have for the second interview???

Thanks guys!
Meet with the president of a company is just another human being. Nothing special.

Tips for second interview? Just prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Never think 2nd or 3rd interview will get easier. I had 1st and 2nd interviews (which were pretty hard) and a final 3rd interview. I thought the last interview was going to be a casual talk kind of thing to wrap things up since the hard part was done and give me the job offer but I was wrong. But there were times where I met the final boss or owner of the company and it was super easy discussion/wrap up then give me the offer.
Jul 2, 2012
527 posts
11 upvotes
world25 wrote: Meet with the president of a company is just another human being. Nothing special.

Tips for second interview? Just prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Never think 2nd or 3rd interview will get easier. I had 1st and 2nd interviews (which were pretty hard) and a final 3rd interview. I thought the last interview was going to be a casual talk kind of thing to wrap things up since the hard part was done and give me the job offer but I was wrong. But there were times where I met the final boss or owner of the company and it was super easy discussion/wrap up then give me the offer.
I want this job SO bad!!! I dont care if I have to walk in there and impress impress impress, thats how much I want it...well actually I have to get the call first LOL...which I will be waiting around my phone ALL day! I hate this...you know when you really want something...but afraid its not going to happen! :( I really hope I get this!!!! The interview today went well!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1195 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
just do what you did today. don't stress it
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1435 posts
127 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
Be relaxed and be yourself.

By the time you are interviewing with the President (or similar sr exec), they are "selling you" to a certain extent and really making a judge of fit and character.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
6237 posts
2992 upvotes
OP, you do realize that the President is just the owner of the company, right? Don't get all wound up over a title. Any schmuck who has a corporation is the President.
Jul 2, 2012
527 posts
11 upvotes
Conquistador wrote: OP, you do realize that the President is just the owner of the company, right? Don't get all wound up over a title. Any schmuck who has a corporation is the President.
I always see them as powerful people, my fate is in his hands lol! You are right about the title, but he is an extremely innovative smart guy!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6904 posts
416 upvotes
Ottawa
Meh just another person so don't stress over it. It's just another interview. My other question is...what kind of president will meet with a senior bookkeeper candidate. It's either a really really small company or a super anal freakazoid of a CEO/President that I would run from. I dislike control freaks to that level where they can't trust people below them to make the hiring decision.
Banned
Nov 27, 2006
2200 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
krissypoo27 wrote: Might get a second call to meet with President. Interview went good today from what I gather...anyone else met with the President for second interview? Will it be almost like the first one?? The President seems really relaxed and friendly, so I am not worried about being intimidated..I really really really want this job! What tips do you have for the second interview???

Thanks guys!
stop caring so much and you will land it.
Jul 2, 2012
527 posts
11 upvotes
setell wrote: Meh just another person so don't stress over it. It's just another interview. My other question is...what kind of president will meet with a senior bookkeeper candidate. It's either a really really small company or a super anal freakazoid of a CEO/President that I would run from. I dislike control freaks to that level where they can't trust people below them to make the hiring decision.
I dont know! I know at another industry where I did my placement they did this for the project accountant. This one is a subsidiary company of a much larger one. They produce mining safety and communications equipment, with 24 employees.. so I guess that means its small. Thanks for your input :) Ill try try try
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6904 posts
416 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah, 24 employees is small. I would rank them as mom & pop size. SO….those the ones you watch out for that may not have a good work process in place and may do a “here ya go, now go work” without proper training/processes in place. Hopefully, since it’s a subsidiary of a larger company they’ll have their act together! So ask lots of questions when you meet the president. It’s a TWO way interview so always remember that. They will sell to YOU that their company is amazing etc. and want you to accept their offer.

Good luck!
Jul 2, 2012
527 posts
11 upvotes
setell wrote: Yeah, 24 employees is small. I would rank them as mom & pop size. SO….those the ones you watch out for that may not have a good work process in place and may do a “here ya go, now go work” without proper training/processes in place. Hopefully, since it’s a subsidiary of a larger company they’ll have their act together! So ask lots of questions when you meet the president. It’s a TWO way interview so always remember that. They will sell to YOU that their company is amazing etc. and want you to accept their offer.

Good luck!
Well I went to the interview yesterday, they said they had 3 other people to interview and they will call only 2 of those! Interview with President for Thursday and decision on Friday, which means I am suppose to get a call today sometime if they were interested for a second interview. Probably not getting a call.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18153 posts
14118 upvotes
Toronto
you need to relax.

seriously

You are coming across as desperate.
Jul 2, 2012
527 posts
11 upvotes
MS MSP wrote: you need to relax.

seriously

You are coming acorss as desperate.
I am.. I really want this job!! It doesnt matter, they arent calling me..its already 4pm :( They needed to make their decision for the second interview today.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18153 posts
14118 upvotes
Toronto
krissypoo27 wrote: I am.. I really want this job!! It doesnt matter, they arent calling me..its already 4pm :( They needed to make their decision for the second interview today.
I am saying if you came across as this desperate at the interview, it wouldn't be good.

Think about when you are dating someone...you act interested but not desperate.

Good luck, i hope it works out for you.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6904 posts
416 upvotes
Ottawa
It is just a job. You’ll find one. Take a deep breath and tell yourself this: I AM FABULOUS AND I WILL GET A JOB! Doubting yourself makes you vulnerable and being vulnerable makes you appear desperate. You must ooze confidence, even if you’re scared shietless. Never accept defeat until you’ve given it all you’ve got. So go out there and keep applying to jobs till you get that written offer in your hands! Till it’s in writing nothing is final!

By the way, a big pat on the back for landing so many interviews so fast!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)