Site Comments & Suggestions

Is it possible to somehow get a notification on my phone whenever a specific word is mentioned on the forums?

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2017 2:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3624 posts
364 upvotes

Is it possible to somehow get a notification on my phone whenever a specific word is mentioned on the forums?

Say i want to be notified (either through RFD or some 3rd party program) whenever a specific word is mentioned (like say i want to be notified when a specific monitor goes on sale so whenever the term "p27nx") on the forums. Is this possible somehow?
5 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8359 posts
12705 upvotes
Scarborough
Email is currently the only way this would be possible. We do have plans on linking the topic alert system to the RFD apps push notification system in the future though.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3624 posts
364 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
May 12th, 2017 8:31 am
Email is currently the only way this would be possible. We do have plans on linking the topic alert system to the RFD apps push notification system in the future though.
thank you, how do I set that up?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8359 posts
12705 upvotes
Scarborough
fightbriz wrote:
May 15th, 2017 2:01 am
thank you, how do I set that up?
It would just be a standard email notification so you'll need to find instructions online for the specific app you're using. As I mentioned before none of the RFD apps currently push this type of content via notifications.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3624 posts
364 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
May 15th, 2017 10:37 am
It would just be a standard email notification so you'll need to find instructions online for the specific app you're using. As I mentioned before none of the RFD apps currently push this type of content via notifications.
Oh I would have to find some sort of app that scans for changes in the forums and sends me emails?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8359 posts
12705 upvotes
Scarborough
fightbriz wrote:
May 15th, 2017 3:21 pm
Oh I would have to find some sort of app that scans for changes in the forums and sends me emails?
Not quite. We have topic alerts which will send you an email whenever a new thread matching your criteria is found. You'll then need to have an email client on your phone set to pop up a notification on arrival. This doesn't work so well if your RFD account email is used for other things too though. That's the only way you can currently get alerts on your phone as we don't offer that feature in our apps right now. We hope to add it in sometime later this year though.