None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
8924 posts
3259 upvotes
Southern Ontario
PrinceMS wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2016 2:27 pm
I find both of your work to be super amazing. I am trying to notch my work up as well. I feel I need more experience in editing - Any tutorials / tips where should i start? I am liking the "studio" look these days a lot.
e.g.:
There is this before / after

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3zye ... UxDaUJDeGM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3zye ... HVkdG5YRTg

I can guess somewhat - what has been done (and lot of light "painting" has been done to it) but if I can get an explanation that will be awesome.
Thank you, I consider Neil's work (neltron3030) more advanced than mine based on his use of light, and subjectively I like his clean editing. I actually think I'm low on the totem pole compared to other posters here. Sometimes we're our own worst critic!

Anyway, those 2 images are different angled shots and assuming modifiers weren't added/removed, it looks like the metering is off in the duller one, peek at the brightness in the window. Walk around a window yourself and watch the light change as you take shots.
Your duller shot can be corrected by bringing up the shadows, vibrance and other fixes. Editing is also knowing when to stop.
The best thing to do is to get the shot 'right' in camera, and use reflectors/modifiers to help, tweaking the pose.

You can try starting with:
There's lots of free vids and paid courses you can take on Lr/Ps. In the end, it's understanding how to use the tools and how the sliders affect each other.
Aug 8, 2011
700 posts
40 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I went through the entire thread. We have lot of talented photographers aka artists on RFD. I dont know who to choose

We are getting married November overseas (destination wedding) and want to do pre wedding shoot only at Toronto. Do any of you only do pre wedding shoots ? If you do any estimate on the wedding ?

Thanks in advance
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1232 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
thestar99 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2016 10:08 am
I went through the entire thread. We have lot of talented photographers aka artists on RFD. I dont know who to choose

We are getting married November overseas (destination wedding) and want to do pre wedding shoot only at Toronto. Do any of you only do pre wedding shoots ? If you do any estimate on the wedding ?

Thanks in advance
Unless booked, pretty much every photographer does engagement and similar type photo sessions. Fees for those range from $200-1800, depends on photographer, experience, inclusions, etc
Dmitri Markine Wedding Photography: My 500pix||My Flickr||My Pinterest||My Instagram
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
4898 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
demi2004 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2016 1:01 am
This is amazing. Where is this?
For Sale:
    Canon C100 + Canon 70-200 f2.8 + ...
Looking for: Sony Camera for video (for a good price)
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel