• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 11:51 am
Tags:
None
Oct 14, 2010
48 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Is the 2nd photo a composite to get better expressions? The woman's hand and to a lesser extend the man's shirt are a little wonky.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2956 posts
254 upvotes
LiquidHog wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2015 10:34 am
Is the 2nd photo a composite to get better expressions? The woman's hand and to a lesser extend the man's shirt are a little wonky.
It's a long shutter speed.
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Aug 3, 2011
712 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Neil, is it the light stand behind the guy in the first picture ?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9854 posts
4229 upvotes
Southern Ontario
ritz1010 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2015 2:31 pm
It looks like it. I would have cloned it out but maybe the clients won't notice or care that it's there? I often wonder if they are as picky as the shooter/editor.

I much enjoyed the composition. Do you wrap the speedlite in plastic to weatherproof it? Is the head exposed or covered too?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9854 posts
4229 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Neil, I clicked your portfolio link, I just noticed when I narrow my browser, chrome or FF, the image distorts/elongates vertically and I can't move to the next image. I can see the URL changing but it stays on the initial image. If my browser is narrow enough, the image disappears completely leaving a white background.

It exhibits the same behaviour and opens to a blank image if my browser is already tiled. A few years ago I helped develop province-wide hospital software which is currently in use and I looked for those sort of quirks, safe to say that most users don't tile/multi-split their pages. Thought I'd let you know, probably isn't a problem.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2956 posts
254 upvotes
ritz1010 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2015 2:31 pm
Yeah, there is also just a touch of light to fill them from the front, bounced from a normal rain umbrella.
AncasterRFD wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2015 2:54 pm
I often wonder if they are as picky as the shooter/editor. I much enjoyed the composition. Do you wrap the speedlite in plastic to weatherproof it? Is the head exposed or covered too?
They didn't even notice. I didn't either to be honest. I think the back is dark enough, but suppose I could clone it. I literally put a ziplock bag on top of the flash. I use YN's.
AncasterRFD wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2015 3:16 pm
Neil, I clicked your portfolio link, I just noticed when I narrow my browser, chrome or FF, the image distorts/elongates vertically and I can't move to the next image. I can see the URL changing but it stays on the initial image. If my browser is narrow enough, the image disappears completely leaving a white background.

It exhibits the same behaviour and opens to a blank image if my browser is already tiled. A few years ago I helped develop province-wide hospital software which is currently in use and I looked for those sort of quirks, safe to say that most users don't tile/multi-split their pages. Thought I'd let you know, probably isn't a problem.
Yeah, I use Format and will tell them about the issue. I don't think I would want potential clients to view the page on tile mode anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9854 posts
4229 upvotes
Southern Ontario
neltron3030 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2015 3:53 pm
Yeah, there is also just a touch of light to fill them from the front, bounced from a normal rain umbrella.

They didn't even notice. I didn't either to be honest. I think the back is dark enough, but suppose I could clone it. I literally put a ziplock bag on top of the flash. I use YN's.

Yeah, I use Format and will tell them about the issue. I don't think I would want potential clients to view the page on tile mode anyway.
It doesn't seem to be a problem on split screen, I think it starts when 3 pages are tiled and I doubt the general public does that. Ideally I would think the image scales down with any window reduction but it doesn't. True, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the ziplock tip, haven't done a back/forward lit rain shot yet. For fill, instead of bounce, could you ziplock cover a YN with a lambency diffuser as master on camera, triggering the backlight?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2956 posts
254 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2015 4:13 pm
Thanks for the ziplock tip, haven't done a back/forward lit rain shot yet. For fill, instead of bounce, could you ziplock cover a YN with a lambency diffuser as master on camera, triggering the backlight?
You can use a number of ways to fill.
Jan 17, 2010
952 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Loving these shots everybody! I don't do much wedding or engagement anymore but this is making me want to get back into it big time.
Jul 26, 2010
249 posts
4 upvotes
Hello fellow photographers,

We are celebrating my daughters 1st birthday on Sunday February 21 and I need a photographer who specializes in event photography. Even will be held in Toronto with approximately 90 guests in a party room of a condominium building. I require photographer for 4 hours from 1:00pm-4:00pm. If interested, please forward me the details in a pm and if you can also provide a link to your website/blog/photos I would greatly appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Karim.
Nov 21, 2006
430 posts
114 upvotes
All you guys are exceptionally talented photographers
Keep up the good work and show us your pictures