• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 3:37 pm
[OP]
Jul 20, 2003
932 posts
61 upvotes
Surrey

post dated cheques question

I am a landlord and my tenant issued me 12 month post dated cheques. My question is: do you deposit it at the bank all at once and have them draw the money each month OR do you deposit corresponding checques every month?
3 replies
Feb 25, 2004
19 posts
4 upvotes
Have to deposit each month. Cheque is only valid on or after the date it is written for.
Oct 21, 2013
204 posts
78 upvotes
waterloo, on
Matrix_dot_ca wrote: I am a landlord and my tenant issued me 12 month post dated cheques. My question is: do you deposit it at the bank all at once and have them draw the money each month OR do you deposit corresponding checques every month?
you have to deposit every month on the date mentioned on the cheque. use mobile deposit. take a pic and submit, you don't have to physically go to the bank to deposit it.
Royal LePage Realtor
Serving Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge/Elmira/Guelph and surrounding cities
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1006 posts
1018 upvotes
Matrix_dot_ca wrote: I am a landlord and my tenant issued me 12 month post dated cheques. My question is: do you deposit it at the bank all at once and have them draw the money each month OR do you deposit corresponding checques every month?
You can take the cheques to bank all at once but you'll pay a fee each time the bank deposits the cheque (at least at RBC).