Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: Post deleted by mod, also deleted in mod pm. So how is one supposed to know what's wrong with original post?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2018 10:20 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11039 posts
1294 upvotes
Pacific Ocean

Post deleted by mod, also deleted in mod pm. So how is one supposed to know what's wrong with original post?

Tom, got this pm from a mod. The mod says post is deleted. But under the quote "aznnorth wrote" the original post is deleted as well. So how the heck is one supposed to know what is wrong with the post if the original post in the mod pm is deleted?? Doesnt make sense. This allows ANY mod to delete a post "according to the rules" and not show why... because evidence of the original post has been deleted as well. Look into this. Mod should not be allowed to do this. Thx.

If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Share:
6 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9753 posts
14784 upvotes
Scarborough
It appears there might be a glitch where queued posts that are disapproved aren't including the post body or disapproval reason. I'll look into this and see what I can find out.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11039 posts
1294 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
MTommy wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 1:17 pm
That's a glitch. I get emails like that as well.

Your post was deleted, but wasn't altered or edited at all.

Take care ;)
Explain what was wrong with my post? I see you've attached the screen shot. There is nothing in that post that violates RFD rules. Majority on RFD know I'm asian (if not from my username alone) and saying asian businesses are mostly "cheap and frugal" is not an insult but from personal experience. If that's considered a "stereotype" (even though it's true based upon my experience) then saying most labrador retrievers like to "retrieve balls and swim in water" is also a stereotype and should be censored as well. You see the ridiculous where everything that is not politically correct has to be redacted, deleted, or censored. SMH.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4617 posts
1072 upvotes
Alberta
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 9:55 am
Tom, got this pm from a mod. The mod says post is deleted. But under the quote "aznnorth wrote" the original post is deleted as well. So how the heck is one supposed to know what is wrong with the post if the original post in the mod pm is deleted?? Doesnt make sense. This allows ANY mod to delete a post "according to the rules" and not show why... because evidence of the original post has been deleted as well. Look into this. Mod should not be allowed to do this. Thx.

I got this a few days ago. I thought he was on a power trip.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11039 posts
1294 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 12:35 am
I got this a few days ago. I thought he was on a power trip.
Ha, that's the point. I have received moderation PM's from mods that DO include original posts. So how is it that some mods can include original posts and others dont?? The lack of consistency gives off the conspiracy theories when it's always certain mods. *welp*
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9753 posts
14784 upvotes
Scarborough
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 3:52 am
Ha, that's the point. I have received moderation PM's from mods that DO include original posts. So how is it that some mods can include original posts and others dont?? The lack of consistency gives off the conspiracy theories when it's always certain mods. *welp*
This type of PM is completely automated and no moderator or myself can edit what's sent. As I already told you the system with disapproving queued posts might be having an issue right now and we're looking into that. If you need further clarification of this specific deletion you can send me a PM.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].