Art and Photography

>>>post The Latest Picture You Have Taken<<<

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 2:41 pm
Jun 15, 2011
38490 posts
5543 upvotes
King City
I haven't posted here in a while, but I recently got myself into Car photography.

Sony A5000 with the 50mm f1.8 and the 20mm f2.8 lenses. Edited with LR. Still learning :)

The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jun 15, 2011
38490 posts
5543 upvotes
King City
NewsyL wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:18 pm
*sigh* photobucket fail
Which one do you recommend then? I have them hosted on Google Drive/Photos as well.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
3186 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
phuviano wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 12:28 am
ImageThe Bean by Phu Vong, on Flickr
Love the shots, especially the one of the Bean, and it's neat that for a long exposure, the people under the Bean were there long enough for their presence to register. When I look at the photo data on Flickr, it shows exposure time as "303"... What does that mean? 30.3 seconds? There's no way you held the shutter for 303 seconds... or did you?
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2582 posts
247 upvotes
Vaughan
M1GOmigs wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 10:29 am
Love the shots, especially the one of the Bean, and it's neat that for a long exposure, the people under the Bean were there long enough for their presence to register. When I look at the photo data on Flickr, it shows exposure time as "303"... What does that mean? 30.3 seconds? There's no way you held the shutter for 303 seconds... or did you?
Thanks, yes 303 seconds. You need a tripod, and a remote shutter. I have a wireless one.
For Sale
Banana Republic Mens Top Coat
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/banana-r ... st24082895
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9858 posts
4231 upvotes
Southern Ontario
NewsyL wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:18 pm
*sigh* photobucket fail
Install "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" chrome/firefox extension and you'll see them.
djemzine wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:38 pm
Which one do you recommend then? I have them hosted on Google Drive/Photos as well.
Flickr or Imgur is free and does not require end user hacks.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2469 posts
507 upvotes
Toronto
phuviano wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 2:15 pm
Thanks, yes 303 seconds. You need a tripod, and a remote shutter. I have a wireless one.
Which remote trigger are you using?

Not sure if I should invest in one, using the Canon phone app for now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9858 posts
4231 upvotes
Southern Ontario
rebel_rfd wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 9:58 pm

You don't need a wireless one unless you plan to be in the picture or really want one. Cabled ones are really cheap off eBay/Amazon, just hold the button the time you want in Bulb mode. On Canon, don't forget mirror lockup, and turn IS off lenses that have it.

If you want, you can also fix verticals in post, see 2:50 here.

May 5, 2010
819 posts
218 upvotes
phuviano wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 2:15 pm
Nice picture! That other photographer kind of messed up a little bit your picture... that person with the tripod in front of you. If you take multiple pictures, you can average it on photoshop and remove all the people in the picture, unless one of them stays in the same spot for like 15 minutes. At this long exposure, it might be tedious...
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2582 posts
247 upvotes
Vaughan
rebel_rfd wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 9:58 pm

I'm using a generic ebay one. I bought several years back. I think paid around $5 dollars cdn, including shipping. I don't shoot with canon so I'm not familiar with the canon app. However, I did try the sony app a while back. One thing that these apps do, is virtually drain your battery on your phone, and your camera more. Plus the sony app is limited to 30 second exposures.

I use a remote shutter, because its small, and no cables required. I use the timer on my phone to time the exposure.
Gin Martini wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 11:23 pm
Nice picture! That other photographer kind of messed up a little bit your picture... that person with the tripod in front of you. If you take multiple pictures, you can average it on photoshop and remove all the people in the picture, unless one of them stays in the same spot for like 15 minutes. At this long exposure, it might be tedious...
Thanks, Yeah that guy was there for about 20-25 mins. I finally gave up waiting, because I had to take a shot of the fountain as well, and the parks in chicago close at 11pm. So my time was limited. Plus i was only there for 2 days, so i didn't have another day to take the shot. I could probably photoshop the guy out, but I don't have much time these days. I still need to process the other 100+ photos i took. I only PP these ones so far, because those are the best out of the bunch.
For Sale
Banana Republic Mens Top Coat
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/banana-r ... st24082895
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2469 posts
507 upvotes
Toronto
phuviano wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 2:22 am
I'm using a generic ebay one. I bought several years back. I think paid around $5 dollars cdn, including shipping. I don't shoot with canon so I'm not familiar with the canon app. However, I did try the sony app a while back. One thing that these apps do, is virtually drain your battery on your phone, and your camera more. Plus the sony app is limited to 30 second exposures.

I use a remote shutter, because its small, and no cables required. I use the timer on my phone to time the exposure.
Thanks, Yeah that guy was there for about 20-25 mins. I finally gave up waiting, because I had to take a shot of the fountain as well, and the parks in chicago close at 11pm. So my time was limited. Plus i was only there for 2 days, so i didn't have another day to take the shot. I could probably photoshop the guy out, but I don't have much time these days. I still need to process the other 100+ photos i took. I only PP these ones so far, because those are the best out of the bunch.
Solo trip?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3083 posts
494 upvotes
Vancouver
AncasterRFD wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 2:34 pm
Install "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" chrome/firefox extension and you'll see them.
Ahhhh!!! I saw the post re the extension but had interpreted it as being for the owner of the account, not the viewers of the link that would be posted for sharing. Thanks for the suggestion but I'll pass on that.

I'm really not feeling any love to installing an extension just to view Photobucket images. I've got enough extensions already loaded and the only site on which I see that fail message is here at RFD and for some reason I don't trust an extension related to Photobucket. With the other stuff they've pushed out lately, if they want to make their site undesirable and they shut down due lack of income, so be it. I'll just keep quiet the next time I see the fail image from their site.

Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3083 posts
494 upvotes
Vancouver
phuviano wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 12:28 am
Took a 2 day trip to Chicago.
Awesome. I like the theatre shot and the fountain. I went by the Chicago theatre during the day and did not think all that much about it. Too much car traffic, people, etc - but at night..... wow! One morning I got out the door as the sun was rising and walked the river paths. Hardly any cars or people at that time. It was such a different city. I kind of miss it and never would of thought I'd say that about a city.