Art and Photography

>>>post The Latest Picture You Have Taken<<<

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 10:24 pm
Dec 1, 2006
100 posts
12 upvotes
ahh brings back memories - great fun times - but is the food still really bad ( MT Tremblant pic for earlier )
Dec 30, 2006
79 posts
89 upvotes
Froze my toes off. The whole day was overcast and dreary. I waited hours for an owl in the distance to move or do something but it never did. I finally gave up and drove around some more and lucked out and found another owl much closer to the road. Even the clouds dissipated as the sun began to set. First set of decent Snowy Owl photos of the season.

ImageDSC_5270 by Willy Chan, on Flickr

ImageDSC_5427 by Willy Chan, on Flickr
Apr 24, 2012
406 posts
414 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry guys, but this one is a little underexposed or maybe I forgot to remove the lens cap, but it shouldn't matter as long as we are posting latest picture and not necessarily best picture, eh ;)
ImageBlack Square
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1092 posts
105 upvotes
zaporozhets wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:06 pm
Sorry guys, but this one is a little underexposed or maybe I forgot to remove the lens cap, but it shouldn't matter as long as we are posting latest picture and not necessarily best picture, eh ;)
ImageBlack Square
Nice dynamic range! Almost like HDR! I actually really like this effect... Did you use LR or Photoshop?
Apr 24, 2012
406 posts
414 upvotes
Vancouver
malaujai wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 9:08 am
Nice dynamic range! Almost like HDR! I actually really like this effect... Did you use LR or Photoshop?
Naahhh, nothing complicate like that. I just used your regular quantum photonics to disentangle darkness from light with a mix of some dark matter. Then, on my way for some grocery shopping, dropped by the nearest black hole to absorb a few remaining photons. By the way, in case anyone is wondering what lens I used, it's the gravitational one, sorry can't remember the f-number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_lens

Edit: Just wanted to remind everyone that if your camera is not weather sealed, please take an umbrella when flying to take pictures of black holes.
Dec 30, 2006
79 posts
89 upvotes
beserk1 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 10:16 pm
nice, where did you go for the owls?
For the snowy owls I mainly go to the farm fields in Newmarket and Keswick. If you go to ebird.ca, you can search for the type of bird and browse the maps for the reported sightings which you can use as a rough guide.