My Flickr
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2009
5385 posts
102 upvotes
laflaque wrote:
Aug 15th, 2010 7:51 pm
Rogers Cup Montreal today.

Women qualifications. Before security warned me to stop taking pictures.
So cameras are restricted to press-only at those events?
AcidBomber wrote:
Jan 19th, 2012 8:09 pm
Warning to all (trolls) - next person to post any flamebaits (religious, sexist, racial, etc) gets an automatic ban.
Dec 11, 2007
975 posts
9 upvotes
Scarborough
sylpherware wrote:
Aug 15th, 2010 11:09 pm
So cameras are restricted to press-only at those events?
Doesnt it depend on the lens? If security thinks your gear is "pro" theyll stop you...So if you take a monster like 70-200 2.8 L....White lens...a little long..Im sure theyll think you shoot professionally...however I dont think everyone gets kicked out...especially if you have a small lens like a 18-55 or a 17-40...etc...(from what ive heard). Cant say from personal experience though.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
:facepalm:
Nov 6, 2008
39 posts
Montreal
The official rule is NO pictures during games. How it is applied varies.

From my experience here in Montreal, most people with something that looked like a DSLR and that were seated in the lowest section got warned (including me, 5DMK2/24-105). Some people took just a couple of shots here and there and put their camera away in between and never got bothered.

Anyway, they will just warn you and will never take your shots or your equipment away. So, bring it, be discreet if you are close to the court, take a quick shot and put it back in your bag. Enjoy the game fisrt, that should be the main reason you go there.
Aug 13, 2006
905 posts
101 upvotes
Vancouver