>>>post The Latest Picture You Have Taken<<<

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 10:54 pm
Nov 11, 2007
892 posts
51 upvotes
sfu_engineer wrote:
Aug 9th, 2009 2:34 pm
From the angle of the pole/camera the pole probably just looks like a circle in the photo? Clone stamp would be a relatively painful process. The photos look awesome StE823!

Here are a couple more portraits from me, more on my blog http://spencerfu.com/blog/?p=522:

[IMG]http://spencerfu.com/photos/blog/alison ... web-01.jpg[/IMG]
Which lens do you have for these pictures Spencer? And what body do you have?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5840 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
Also, how do you deal with the digital haze from the pictures?!
M-e-X-x wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 7:22 am
Booty call AND you get gas money? Sweet!
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
zrepiV wrote:
Aug 9th, 2009 9:43 pm
Which lens do you have for these pictures Spencer? And what body do you have?
what he said + what flash if any, at what angle. any flash add-ons?
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14454 posts
942 upvotes
Markham
StE823 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2009 7:00 pm
here's how it look like before photoshopping...
[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2568/370 ... 0ccc_o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2565/370 ... bf33_o.jpg[/IMG]

this one was not that bad compare to some other shots i did.. it can take me around 10 minutes to 2 hours depend on the background and the place where i put the rig on the car. Anyways, thanks guys.
wow... that is AWESOME.
Asad_A203 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2009 7:26 pm
Your automotive photography is magazine quality stuff, StE823.
indeed +100
ShadowVlican
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5840 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
jeffyjaixx wrote:
Aug 9th, 2009 10:44 pm
How do you get that kind of bokeh with aperture @ F7.1?
Aperture is directly related to distance to the subject.

So my thoughts would be his distance created that kind of bokeh.
M-e-X-x wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 7:22 am
Booty call AND you get gas money? Sweet!
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2000 posts
250 upvotes
Canada
Lulz wrote:
Aug 9th, 2009 10:03 pm
what he said + what flash if any, at what angle. any flash add-ons?

+1 for me too spencer. Did you have to use any lights? and if so how did you set them up??? Thanks! :)
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
4886 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
kay188 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2009 12:35 am
Aperture is directly related to distance to the subject.

So my thoughts would be his distance created that kind of bokeh.
Telephoto lens zoomed in would be my guess.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
4886 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
StE823 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2009 8:50 pm
thanks, its an aluminum 1.6" OD pole.. i stay away from EMT because of the weight even my aluminum pole is kinda heavy since the wall is very thick..
depends what i need, i have four suction cups in total and yes i have an magic arm.

btw i hope you mean 10-14 feet because 10-14 meters is very very long.
Whoops, yep that is what I meant :D .
Banned
Nov 19, 2005
2985 posts
1 upvote
Markham/Kingston
To answer everyone's questions I use a variety of lens for my portrait sessions but generally stick with the Canon 135L F2. The session I did outdoors at Dundas Square also had some Canon 24L F1.4 (wish I also had a Canon 35L F1.4 but I already have too many lens) and Sigma 50mm F1.4 mixed in where appropriate. I also use a Canon 5D classic now.

Bokeh is really important to me and one of the reasons I own the lens that I do. Distance is also related to bokeh so always try to position your subjects much closer to the camera than whatever background you are shooting. I do not have magical lens and I obviously did not shoot all the photos at F7.1 as my EXIF says as that is probably my EXIF info from the template I use for my watermark. :D

In regards to lighting/flash questions I aim to use natural light 90% of the time. Finding and locating areas with good quality of light is key and trumps finding a "cool" looking background any day. Also I believe somebody on this forum mentioned it already (and a good job at that!) that I paint my light on in Photoshop as well using curve adjustment layers mainly.

What I want to say is that gear helps but you have to know how to use the gear. People skills is where it is at in portrait photography!

-------

Nice shots Nikko! Great capture of the moment and they had some nice lighting for you to use at the venue! :P

-------

Update:
@Kay188. I am not sure what kinda "digital haze" you are taking about? Care to post up an example? If you're talking about flare I just up contrast and play with curves till it looks about right. But shooting for flare is a bit like the lottery anyways. :P
Toronto Wedding, Fashion & Lifestyle Photographer
www.spencerfu.com
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2003
4231 posts
11 upvotes
Strathroy, ON
Viper98 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2009 2:32 am
couple pics I took at Sifton Bog in London
Nice pics from London! I should take my gear out there some time, it's really nice. I moved from London to Strathroy, and Strathroy doesn't have many photo spots... but the Bog looks nice! (I've never been there... but drove by the other day).

Do you know of any photo groups or anything in or around London?
sfu_engineer wrote:
Aug 10th, 2009 12:49 pm
To answer everyone's questions I use a variety of lens for my portrait sessions but generally stick with the Canon 135L F2. The session I did outdoors at Dundas Square also had some Canon 24L F1.4 (wish I also had a Canon 35L F1.4 but I already have too many lens) and Sigma 50mm F1.4 mixed in where appropriate. I also use a Canon 5D classic now.

Bokeh is really important to me and one of the reasons I own the lens that I do. Distance is also related to bokeh so always try to position your subjects much closer to the camera than whatever background you are shooting. I do not have magical lens and I obviously did not shoot all the photos at F7.1 as my EXIF says as that is probably my EXIF info from the template I use for my watermark. :D

In regards to lighting/flash questions I aim to use natural light 90% of the time. Finding and locating areas with good quality of light is key and trumps finding a "cool" looking background any day. Also I believe somebody on this forum mentioned it already (and a good job at that!) that I paint my light on in Photoshop as well using curve adjustment layers mainly.

What I want to say is that gear helps but you have to know how to use the gear. People skills is where it is at in portrait photography!
Agreed!
Power.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)