• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 2:20 pm
Mar 18, 2015
14 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Frank311 wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 10:59 am
I'm not a fan of Bluetooth as my iPhone 6 doesn't seem to have the best connection, however, I had a grilling mishap the other day and now I'm thinking of getting a wireless unit. For whatever reason, the temp on my pellet smoker shot up to 320F and toasted the bottom of my ribs. No idea how long it was at that temp, but I had been checking it every 20-30 mins.

So now I'm looking at this unit which seems to get decent reviews. Having a dedicated remote might be better than relying on my phones weak BT connection.

Thanks for the replies all!
Picked up the TP08 last year on a lightning deal, it works great, accurate, no loss of connection issues for me. I chose this one cause it has a high and low temp alarm in case the fire gets out of control or gets too low. It's easy to program and the batteries last a long time
The only complaint I have is the poorly designed cheap belt clip-battery door. It will fall off or break
Good choice, I highly recommend it.
May 2, 2011
821 posts
132 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Some dry aged striploins cooked by reverse sear for Father's Day on the Kamado Joe.
file.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5653 posts
837 upvotes
Have a porterhouse and some tender loin on the thawing board, almost ready to go.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5653 posts
837 upvotes
Sorry no good cooked pics, snapped these quick before we ate as wifey was getting the kid's plates ready.

Tenderloin

Porterhouse

And some sweet potatoes for a side

Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2454 posts
260 upvotes
Whitby
Last week did baby bok choi straight over the coals and then slow cooked some korean bbq beef. No wood mixed with the charcoal.
Images
  • bbc.jpg
  • kbs.jpg
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Dec 8, 2015
38 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
richuwo11 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 1:07 pm
Some dry aged striploins cooked by reverse sear for Father's Day on the Kamado Joe.

file.jpeg
That's some fine looking meat, yum.
Dec 8, 2015
38 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
zalapski wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 8:17 pm
Salivating, you got fourteen bones with the spare rib on the left? Where did you buy it? And is that back-rib on the right? Family always complains about the narly bit on the very right due to the shrinkage and overcookness. Good job though with the WSM, how long was the whole process? Any advice on how to achieve what you clearly accomplished?
Good Lord man, I'm salivating.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38498 posts
3202 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Got a cornish hen on the mini weber! Some apple wood chips down there for a little kick.

Seasoned with cumin, seasoned salt, chili powder, rosemary and ground fenel. Stuffed with seasoned chives.

Its my western mainland china fusion take on chinese street food. I was inspired from the seasoning used in those lamb kebabs.

I thought using a cornish game hen and smoking it on a grill over apple wood and carcoal would create a unique taste on a bird we don’t always think about!
Images
  • 21E41099-9F7C-4E1F-9383-95DC778654C0.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5653 posts
837 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jun 30th, 2018 9:23 pm
Got a cornish hen on the mini weber! Some apple wood chips down there for a little kick.

Seasoned with cumin, seasoned salt, chili powder, rosemary and ground fenel. Stuffed with seasoned chives.

Its my western mainland china fusion take on chinese street food. I was inspired from the seasoning used in those lamb kebabs.

I thought using a cornish game hen and smoking it on a grill over apple wood and carcoal would create a unique taste on a bird we don’t always think about!
Looks pretty darn good......

What's with all the milk crates in the background?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38498 posts
3202 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Gutty96 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 2:01 pm
Looks pretty darn good......

What's with all the milk crates in the background?
.... Thats my patio furniture... its actually extremely handy despite the ghetto look.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5653 posts
837 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 6:48 pm
.... Thats my patio furniture... its actually extremely handy despite the ghetto look.
Nice. More importantly, how was the bird?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38498 posts
3202 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Gutty96 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2018 7:21 am
Nice. More importantly, how was the bird?
It turned out amazing! I’m a huge fan of cornish hen now... it has a more distinct chicken flavor. Not exactly gamey. Just really chickeny (new word).

The seasoning turned out well. And the stuffed chives were amazing.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2454 posts
260 upvotes
Whitby
Burgers and spam smoked over pecan wood. Salt and vinegar potatoes on the side.
The spam was incredible.
Images
  • bg.jpg
  • sv.jpg
  • cb.jpg
  • sp.jpg
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
5295 posts
1078 upvotes
Markham
raymondly wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 7:48 pm
Burgers and spam smoked over pecan wood. Salt and vinegar potatoes on the side.
The spam was incredible.
Spam is AAAAAAmazing...I said it! [High salt though].

They should make Smoked Spam and put that in the can.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 12, 2012
562 posts
93 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Did a meatloaf on the PitBoss the other week. This was my first time using the TP08 thermometer and it was great. Thanks for the recommendation folks! The meatloaf was delicious, but next time I would use thin sliced bacon (this was the Kirkland thick maple bacon).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)