• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 6:12 am
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12643 posts
878 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 9:37 am

I am generally not "food police type" but you really shouldn't put raw (in this case) sausages on the warming shelf and cooking meat below them because raw juices can flow down onto your cooked meat...similarly, the top is now contaminated with raw. Top shelf is only for cooked food.
Gutty96 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:06 pm
You do know some people only use the top rack for everything bbq? Not me, I rarely use it. Only when smoking, but still.

Also, I am not sure those sausages are raw. They may be smoked.
It's those precooked Schneiders ones so I'm basically warming them up.

Had some awesome wings and Korean style beef ribs that night as well but i didn't take pics
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7467 posts
2685 upvotes
Markham
Siefer999 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 5:52 pm
It's those precooked Schneiders ones so I'm basically warming them up.

Had some awesome wings and Korean style beef ribs that night as well but i didn't take pics
OK..you get to keep you green light! how many people you feeding...looks like a sausage party LOL
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12643 posts
878 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 7:22 pm
OK..you get to keep you green light! how many people you feeding...looks like a sausage party LOL
Around 25-30 people but we cooked way too much food and a lot of people brought food even though we said not to. Could've easily fed probably more than double that. I'm not even kidding. The sausages were nothing. We deep fried 200 spring rolls, 10lbs of wings, 5lb of Korean short ribs, 5lbs of instant pot pork, pork skewers - 3 full grill runs, platter noodles, platter of salad, platter of Vietnamese pig ear salad. Plus all the other stuff that people brought. It's always better to have too much food. Everyone got to take some home except for me cause I was too drunk and forgot to when I left.
Images
  • IMG_20181124_213123.jpg
----------------------
References:
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Oct 10, 2004
800 posts
133 upvotes
Winnipeg
Holy f*ck. Can I come to your next party? I promise the only I'll bring is booze and an appetite.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17729 posts
1760 upvotes
Space for rent
Siefer999 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 9:33 pm
Around 25-30 people but we cooked way too much food and a lot of people brought food even though we said not to. Could've easily fed probably more than double that. I'm not even kidding. The sausages were nothing. We deep fried 200 spring rolls, 10lbs of wings, 5lb of Korean short ribs, 5lbs of instant pot pork, pork skewers - 3 full grill runs, platter noodles, platter of salad, platter of Vietnamese pig ear salad. Plus all the other stuff that people brought. It's always better to have too much food. Everyone got to take some home except for me cause I was too drunk and forgot to when I left.
Thiose look like the Chinese supermarket MIC vegetable spring rolls.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17729 posts
1760 upvotes
Space for rent
Gutty96 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 6:44 am
NONO! Seriously? This can't be on page 4. There is NO END to the BBQ session.

It's only steak and potatoes but need to get this back to front page again.

Foodland had sirlion on sale this week. Not bad for $12.

Little marinade, because you know. It's sirlion, not rib streak.

Sweet potato chunks for the grill.

In process.

Ready to rest.

Sweet potatoes off.

Mac and cheese for the boys.

Ready to eat!

Oh snap, romaine.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17729 posts
1760 upvotes
Space for rent
Siefer999 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 12:25 am
Vietnamese pork skewers and cheddar sausages
I love Satee chicken. So good. So damn good. I skip the peanut dip though. I could probably eat 5lbs of it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7036 posts
1737 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 3:00 pm
Oh snap, romaine.
Ha. I know. That was a while ago, and no one has been sick since. However I am very hesitant to by any lettuce these days. I can't believe this is isolated to romaine.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12643 posts
878 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 2:59 pm
Thiose look like the Chinese supermarket MIC vegetable spring rolls.
Those are hand rolled. Pork and shrimp p
----------------------
References:
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7036 posts
1737 upvotes
Siefer999 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 9:33 pm
Wow, those look good.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7036 posts
1737 upvotes
Help pick my dinner tonight. Got about an hour or so before I need to start prepping. What did you think? Sausages or steak?

Don't worry, the loser will just be tomorrow or Sunday's dinner. :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7467 posts
2685 upvotes
Markham
Gutty96 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 2:27 pm
Help pick my dinner tonight. Got about an hour or so before I need to start prepping. What did you think? Sausages or steak?

Don't worry, the loser will just be tomorrow or Sunday's dinner. :)
Cook the sausages today and salt that steak [today - dry brine] for tomorrow's dinner. There are no loser's only satisfied winners!
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7036 posts
1737 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 2:45 pm
Cook the sausages today and salt that steak [today - dry brine] for tomorrow's dinner. There are no loser's only satisfied winners!
Was thinking that, but got the oldest off the bus and asked him what he wanted for dinner and he said "steak", soo.......

Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41099 posts
4882 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Apple wood smoked mackeral.

Recipe
-soaked fish in a mix of cooking sake, mirin, salt, water over night.
-take it out in the morning and rinse it under cold water.
- leave it on a rack uncovered in the fridge to dry up. You should be good by afternoon.
-brush on a mix of soy sauce, sake, and mirin before bbqing.
-smoke over coals and your fav choice of wood chips.
I do it for about 45-60minutes.

I like apple wood b/c its subtle.
Thats a mini portable weber i use for my apartment! Small space outside... so it works for that purpose.
I bought a steel reusable veggie griller. I folded it to fit on top of the coals on the bottom. It allows me to keep the temperature up while cooking at a steady temp & indirect heat.
Its a fine balance because its such a small bbq... you gotta use maybe 2 hand full of coals placed tidily.
Images
  • CAAAC850-DA28-472C-B8D2-C2A68E01B1D4.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7036 posts
1737 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 9:06 pm
Apple wood smoked mackeral.

Recipe
-soaked fish in a mix of cooking sake, mirin, salt, water over night.
-take it out in the morning and rinse it under cold water.
- leave it on a rack uncovered in the fridge to dry up. You should be good by afternoon.
-brush on a mix of soy sauce, sake, and mirin before bbqing.
-smoke over coals and your fav choice of wood chips.
I do it for about 45-60minutes.

I like apple wood b/c its subtle.
Thats a mini portable weber i use for my apartment! Small space outside... so it works for that purpose.
I bought a steel reusable veggie griller. I folded it to fit on top of the coals on the bottom. It allows me to keep the temperature up while cooking at a steady temp & indirect heat.
Its a fine balance because its such a small bbq... you gotta use maybe 2 hand full of coals placed tidily.
Looks good!

You seem to do quite well with that little bbq. My wife doesn't believe you can survive without a gas grill. Maybe not the 300 days a year we bbq, but still.

My problem is, my deck only has enough room for 1 grill. So I keep with gas for the convenience.