Post pictures of your computer setups :D

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 6:24 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
glassandmonocle wrote: Do you have any suggestions for very simple gaming implementations got the elderly?

If you want to allow your grandfather to play simple metro games for instance. It seems like I'm talking to the right people.
cheap gaming desktop? buy a bunch of used parts and a 750ti. should do the trick.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xpYT7AM.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dR1WacK.jpg[/IMG]

shes empty inside :( lol

loving my monitor purchase though - for an affordable 1440p ips screen the acer should be given some consideration! got mine locally cheap but they pop up on sale often + freesync model is cheaaaaaap too. love acer screens lol.

Desktop is for sale in sig!
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1615 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: I have 3 x X58 systems up and running right now. One is running with an X5550 as a server and 2 of them are running X5675s (luckily for $80 USD) with R9 290s each cooled with an H55, one with 12GB or RAM and the other with 24GB. Both have SSDs and USB 3.0 so I'm good for a while though I may upgrade the cheap on board SATA 6Gbps ports with some better ones or maybe a RAID card.
I've heard the affordable SATA 6GBps cards are crap, so I've settled for SATA II speeds, the real world benchmarks show little difference.
Dec 25, 2010
771 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Some nice setup guys. How is the case Financials? I seen it before just wasn't sure how I like it on my desktop. I just bought some LED lights gonna hook it up to my computer and see the results. Might b too childish but f it, only live once.
Dec 25, 2010
771 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
glassandmonocle wrote: Do you have any suggestions for very simple gaming implementations got the elderly?

If you want to allow your grandfather to play simple metro games for instance. It seems like I'm talking to the right people.
Probably get them a console.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
grumps312 wrote: Some nice setup guys. How is the case Financials? I seen it before just wasn't sure how I like it on my desktop. I just bought some LED lights gonna hook it up to my computer and see the results. Might b too childish but f it, only live once.
Case is great. For a mediocre builder like me it makes me seem like a pro. You would have to intentionally make it look bad cable management wise with the double wide - everything just gets sorted out in the back section.

Love the quick mounts for HDD/SSD. 4 ssd mounts on the back side, easy to work with, hdds get cooled from the opening below.... worked great with a r9 290x cause of the open setup for the motherboard area, airflow was perfect.

only downfall would be size i guess, but i dont mind it. as you can see i just sit it on a table anyway. I had the NZXT HUE RGB LED kit in it but i got bored of lights and took it out. needed better 3m tape to stick it down and didnt want to waste time getting some lol.. looked good for the price though, easy to install, just the sticky side of the default led sucks. for the cost its on par with led strips anyway so meh.

id probably look at other cases @ the $150+ MSRP ... but i got it for $99.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
TruBrush wrote: I've heard the affordable SATA 6GBps cards are crap, so I've settled for SATA II speeds, the real world benchmarks show little difference.
Not looking for real cheap stuff but something that will give some real gains.

I'm actually looking into the M.2 PCI-E ones that can run up to 2.2+GB/s. Probably too expensive though.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
Nice setups.

I have a confession to make....

I am now half peasants. (own 2 consoles)
Dec 25, 2010
771 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
http://imgur.com/YZ8iPpN

Mission accomplished! Controllable wireless LED lights

Does anyone know how much of an impact front intake fans have on overall temp of a desktop under load? I'm thinking of buying 2 120-140mm intake fans to cool down the overall temp in my case. I feel like when I am OCing my GPU the temp can reach high 70s.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
Pictures bbcodes (or whatever its called) aren't allowed anymore or what

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)