Students

post tips on meeting people in your classes! esp for 1st years!

Jun 28, 2004
556 posts
The trick is to build on friends. Take a guy or girl you know from high school (someone you know well, because this will probably be the foundation of your social network), then go around and meet other people (frosh/first week) together. You'll see how your group builds from there. Cut people off that come in and blow/are losers, and bring in people that are cool. Try and get some hot girls, cus (as previosuly mentioned by someone), they know other hot girls!
Aug 29, 2004
439 posts
f00kie wrote:Haha, thanks on the "2nd girl" advice, I'll take that into account. Although, don't think there will be many in Engineering.
Well, it really depends on your eng program...
If you're in comp, then tough luck finding girls in your own program :cheesygri
Otherwise, look out for the femme-chems

Regarding F!rosh week, don't ONLY attend the day events, as much more connections/social opportunities are available during the nights (esp for those with the credentials=means of obtaining a legal age) and strictly friendly relationships with upper-years always has its merits.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3561 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
bmw_xperience wrote:okay gurls usually hang out in packs... so talk to the 2nd most beautiful one!
lol

ah yes, the oh so infamous game theory and how it originated.

lol
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2002
1328 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Nai wrote:Regarding F!rosh week, don't ONLY attend the day events, as much more connections/social opportunities are available during the nights (esp for those with the credentials=means of obtaining a legal age) and strictly friendly relationships with upper-years always has its merits.
Let's say I do have credentials...I don't assume many others would, especially when most Engineering students are supposed to be geeks? :P I'm really interested on this.
May 2, 2005
249 posts
markham
bmw_xperience wrote:okay gurls usually hang out in packs... so talk to the 2nd most beautiful one!

y not the first you might ask... well the gurls know which is the most beautiful... so if you talk to the 2nd one then it will make all the gurls wonder... about YOU!!! and if they think about you enuf then things might go smoothly...

Most important thing is Make a lot of FRIENDS esp if you are in eng... cuz you don't have time to do your own work!

and be friends with other non-hot gurls too... cuz by any chance they will have hot friends.... cuz gurls hang out in PACKS!!!!

think about it... gurl even go to the washroom together!
haha nice pointers :lol: