• Oct 14th, 2011 8:23 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA

Please create your own thread to educate the RFD community on fraud. This thread has nothing to do with your spam and crusade against those bastards. The two links you posted have no bearing to the OP's case, or any jurisdiction in Ontario.

I'm not denying the existence of scammers and those who stage accidents. I'm very aware of how they operate. I'm also not denying your knowledge that such scams exist. I'm just telling you that your thoughts on the matter have no relation or help to the OP in this case, even if you were correct, because the scammers thrive due to the loop holes that exist in the current system.

Thanks for coming out.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1810 upvotes
actng wrote: Please create your own thread to educate the RFD community on fraud. This thread has nothing to do with your spam and crusade against those bastards. The two links you posted have no bearing to the OP's case, or any jurisdiction in Ontario.

I'm not denying the existence of scammers and those who stage accidents. I'm very aware of how they operate. I'm also not denying your knowledge that such scams exist. I'm just telling you that your thoughts on the matter have no relation or help to the OP in this case, even if you were correct, because the scammers thrive due to the loop holes that exist in the current system.

Thanks for coming out.

I've never pretended that I am an expert but you keep doing that. in the future, if you want to correct someone, try to make sure that you may be right. if you want to ridicule somone at the same time, make absolutely sure that you are right or learn how to apologize
Apr 22, 2008
500 posts
74 upvotes
Ajax, On
You asking for an advice? I've got one. Sit back and relax, drink a beer or go to watch movies. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. How do I know? Had exactly the same situation a couple of years back.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5977 posts
1468 upvotes
???
Good luck OP.

They just wanted to run out the statue of limitations, so you can't sue them.

As long as the letter was in the Canadian mailing system before the two year mark it still counts, even if you receive delivery after the fact.

The other party hired a competent lawyer, because all these tactics are designed to scare the crap out of you without recourse, (i.e last min delivery, suing above your coverage, etc.)

My recommendation is just to relax and let the insurance company handle it. They themselves are being indirectly sued because they are liable for your first million.

And insurance companies just don't hand out money like that ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5977 posts
1468 upvotes
???
Karall wrote: You asking for an advice? I've got one. Sit back and relax, drink a beer or go to watch movies. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. How do I know? Had exactly the same situation a couple of years back.

+1. Just chill.
May 7, 2006
303 posts
13 upvotes
Karall wrote: You asking for an advice? I've got one. Sit back and relax, drink a beer or go to watch movies. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. How do I know? Had exactly the same situation a couple of years back.

That's awesome, did they just drop the case? or did the insurance company take care of it?
Jun 28, 2007
135 posts
13 upvotes
> :( > :( > :(

wow... after reading your story I felt I must say something, just imagine myself in your shoe, If someone try to pull this kind of crap on me, I'd probably find some "way" to deal with these low life trash privately myself.

OP I hope everything turns out okay for you. What kind of scumbags are they? Post their names, phone #, address and pictures.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2005
3377 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
OP: Did this accident happen in Brampton? This is typical of Brampton - lots of lowlife scum that are both a waste of skin and oxygen that live there.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
FunRing wrote: That's awesome, did they just drop the case? or did the insurance company take care of it?

usually lawyers go for it, thats what they get paid for. id be amazed if the insurance company ever pays anything, and if they do, its probably got 3-4 zeros and its gonna be like 10 years from the end of the trial, it can get quite ridiculous on that end. You cant do anything anyways.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3302 posts
1042 upvotes
Alberta
Step one is deleting this thread. Rule number one of any pending legal action... do not talk about it!
Jul 27, 2005
509 posts
11 upvotes
scouzer wrote: Step one is deleting this thread. Rule number one of any pending legal action... do not talk about it!

Amen! My insurance company did a Google search and found my situation when I asked for RFD help. I immediately removed it. If you bring details to light, any of your own admitted fault, a lawyer could use that against you.
Apr 22, 2008
500 posts
74 upvotes
Ajax, On
[HTML]That's awesome, did they just drop the case? or did the insurance company take care of it?[/HTML]
The whole deal was resolved between lawyers. No matter the amount of money you'd sued for, 2M or 22M. For the first million YOUR insurance has to fight FIRST. Has anyone heard IN paid 1M for a car accident? This is not the USA FCS!!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)