Automotive

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2024 5:51 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13891 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto

Post videos of daily events from your dash cam here! (Your Dash Cam ONLY)

Hi everyone, this is just a kind reminder. The thread is meant for RFD members that have a dash cam. Post any interesting video that you captured. The contents of this thread are open for discussion.

For new posters, please indicate what type of dash cam you are using. This will help RFD members determine what dash cam they should consider purchasing.

Happy posting!
Last edited by trixstar on Nov 18th, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
Thread Summary
Before posting the question on which Dash Cams are recommended, go to this thread:

RFD Mega Thread on Dash Camera Discussion & Recommendations
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/dash-ca ... v&rfd_sk=v
39280 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4414 posts
525 upvotes
the title of your video is misleading. it should be derp mz5 driver who only yields to stupidity.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1963 posts
193 upvotes
zzz3 wrote: the title of your video is misleading. it should be derp mz5 driver who only yields to stupidity.
Actually, there's 3 lanes there, the bus cut off the mazda to pass the truck.. lol wow, that's an aggressive ttc driver.

EDIT: While I'm at it, guess I'll post this again.

Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5861 posts
267 upvotes
Derpy mazda driver and crazy bus driver.
The mazda got off the line pretty damn quickly compared to OP lol
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
ryosayku wrote: Actually, there's 3 lanes there, the bus cut off the mazda to pass the truck.. lol wow, that's an aggressive ttc driver.

i couldn't help but laugh at the music playing while watching the accident
and how calm you were!

and its fun trying to predict what will happen :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1963 posts
193 upvotes
jordanr1987 wrote: i couldn't help but laugh at the music playing while watching the accident
and how calm you were!

and its fun trying to predict what will happen :lol:

Lol... I was real pissed, I would have yelled at the other driver if it wasn't a girl who was already crying the second she got out of the car.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4664 upvotes
Montreal
IBTL....Low content and useless.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
ryosayku wrote: Actually, there's 3 lanes there, the bus cut off the mazda to pass the truck.. lol wow, that's an aggressive ttc driver.

At first when you got out of the car, I thought... Peter Chao!? lol

I caught one of the NCIX warehouse sales lineup on dashcam ;) (old, have yet to upload some of my newer captures but nothing really exciting in the footage)

Canon SD1400is mounted on custom homemade suction cup mount

Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2989 posts
135 upvotes
Markham
DAMN! stop driving on a rail. STEER YOUR CAR if somebody cuts you. Be aware of your surroundings.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11263 posts
6199 upvotes
Ontario

I know other driver is at fault on this one, but it seems to me you could have braked or even changed lanes when that car was turning.

Personally I would have been driving in the left lane when that SUV was turning.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35601 posts
18981 upvotes
ryosayku wrote:
Okay that IS-F driver is a moron for just moseying on out into the lane there, but at the same time why didn't the driver with the cam swerve? (Of if that was you why didn't you swerve, if that was you?) Sure the IS-F coming out there is at fault but I dunno I've had stuff like that happen to me lots of times and always managed to avoid an accident. It wasn't like that driver shot out, they kind of rolled out slowly or at least that's how it looks on the camera.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1963 posts
193 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Okay that IS-F driver is a moron for just moseying on out into the lane there, but at the same time why didn't the driver with the cam swerve? (Of if that was you why didn't you swerve, if that was you?) Sure the IS-F coming out there is at fault but I dunno I've had stuff like that happen to me lots of times and always managed to avoid an accident. It wasn't like that driver shot out, they kind of rolled out slowly or at least that's how it looks on the camera.

Maybe it just looks slow in the video, but at 50km/h, I had about 1 sec to react from the time I horned till impact, I could have swerved, but there's no way of me knowing if somebody would be in my blindspot at the time, and I did brake hard or else she would have took out my whole passenger side lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1884 posts
709 upvotes
Toronto
What camera and mount are you using, ryosayku?
How I try to save money: Koodo Mobile $29 30GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / TopCashback / Wealthsimple Mastercard / EQ Bank Mastercard
Jun 2, 2011
651 posts
67 upvotes
Its great to see drivers with dashboard cameras as they provide irrefutable evidence in accident scenes where there are fewer or no witnesses.

Also, if it appears that there was a "staged" collision, the video might prove otherwise so that way the fraudsters are exposed.
Oct 16, 2008
576 posts
16 upvotes

plus the ttc driver changed lanes in the middle of an intersection too. Should have reported this crazy dude.
I used to be me!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2002
1738 posts
144 upvotes
North
ryosayku wrote: Maybe it just looks slow in the video, but at 50km/h, I had about 1 sec to react from the time I horned till impact, I could have swerved, but there's no way of me knowing if somebody would be in my blindspot at the time, and I did brake hard or else she would have took out my whole passenger side lol.

Maybe 2 seconds if you did not honked.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19780 posts
3408 upvotes
Woodbridge
ES_Revenge wrote: Okay that IS-F driver is a moron for just moseying on out into the lane there, but at the same time why didn't the driver with the cam swerve? (Of if that was you why didn't you swerve, if that was you?) Sure the IS-F coming out there is at fault but I dunno I've had stuff like that happen to me lots of times and always managed to avoid an accident. It wasn't like that driver shot out, they kind of rolled out slowly or at least that's how it looks on the camera.
+1
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1985 posts
161 upvotes
I'll start posting them if someone would tell me how to blur out parts of the video. Youtube doesn't have such a feature.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1726 posts
723 upvotes
naw the girl was at fault either way
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1810 upvotes
SeeYouNextTime wrote: plus the ttc driver changed lanes in the middle of an intersection too. Should have reported this crazy dude.

there is no law that would prevent changing lanes in the middle of the intersection
the bus driver seemed to think every one should yield the right of way to him as if he was leaving a bus bay :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)