• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2017 4:22 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 20, 2010
287 posts
71 upvotes
Finally got a new version of my site online this past August.
http://www.northfur.ca

I hired a developer through odesk/upwork , he was based in Ukraine and cost $20usd / hr. The whole project was around $700 cad
Very professional service and I loved the hands-on chat, messaging and reporting features of upwork to keep tabs on what was being worked on and keeping track of his timesheets. If anyone needs small jobs or tweaks done to websites, or complete overhauls, upwork is a great resource.

Anyways, we did it with keeping the old site online. We did a fresh install of the latest Zencart, imported the old database. Added a few paid modules like the responsive template, our developer coded some other features we needed like the gallery and connecting the site to wordpress for a blog/news section. Once it was all set to go, we only needed to update the customer/order tables in the database and change the domain pointer to the new host. It was pretty seamless.

Before this happened, we had a few dead ends involved wasting money on a few other shopping carts, Prestashop was uselss w/ few features and very expensive modules. We also wasted time trying out Opencart, $600 on buggy modules and we paid a "developer" from their forums to import the zencart database for $100, which he failed to do. In the end, we scrapped trying open cart since by default it comes with very few features. We paid for a few dozen modules, which ended up being buggy. When we requested the module developers to help fix problems, they'd often end up fixing their module by changing core files which would then break other modules. It was a mess of code by a dozen different people and nothing ended up working the way it should. I'd advise against Open Cart, and stick to Zencart + a responsive template.
Apr 16, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
OTTAWA
We are a battery management technology company working on new algorithm to charge and discharge Li-ion and Lead Acid batteries in order to increase cycle life, improve charge time and minimize degradation.

As a test vehicle for our algorithm we developed one and only out of the box power bank for your MacBooks:

www.getbatterybox.com

Best Regards
GBatteries Team
Sep 16, 2004
811 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond
www.sscadcam.com - CNC Machine shop based in Richmond, BC, Canada. Currently have 4axis capabilities up to 84x32x30".
Sep 20, 2008
861 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
www.project708.ca Extremely happy to relaunch the company website. Only took 3.5 years to redo it. Check it out refer some your family and friends!
Project 708
Design . Draft . Build
Residential & Commercial
Dec 10, 2009
37 posts
2 upvotes
I started up a small print broker company. I deal mostly with small businesses and startups, but I have the ability to manage larger accounts.

www.mlprint.ca
Aug 21, 2014
484 posts
118 upvotes
I am seeking to create a very simple website. I do have Adobe CC and was considering Adobe Muse but afraid of what happens when I cancel subscription one day. What is the best website / hosting site ? I don't want ads on it, and looking for cheap option. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1050 posts
107 upvotes
Faemow wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2016 10:55 pm
www.project708.ca Extremely happy to relaunch the company website. Only took 3.5 years to redo it. Check it out refer some your family and friends!
FYI wrong grammar:

Matthew joined some notable architectural firms who specializes in custom houses, for almost a decade.
Dec 14, 2006
112 posts
14 upvotes
www.htsource.ca

We mount TV's and hide the wires for a clean look. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sep 20, 2008
861 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
djpr wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 1:20 pm
FYI wrong grammar:

Matthew joined some notable architectural firms who specializes in custom houses, for almost a decade.
I appreciate this. No joke, my wife was correcting my grammar as well
Project 708
Design . Draft . Build
Residential & Commercial

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)