None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1238 posts
17 upvotes
blizzah wrote:
Aug 11th, 2008 7:08 pm
Is this with Rogers and are you in Ontario?

Thats a hell of a plan there.
I think he is on the Super Talk 10 plan just like me. Except he only got 50 Bonus minutes whereas I get 150. If you do the math, it works out right and I haven't heard of Rogers having a $10 plan.

$10 + $6.95 + $0.75 + Tax = $20

The plan is normally only offered in Manitoba, Sask., Alberta (one of the three). Either he lives in one of those provinces or he received it through LnR.
Dec 19, 2005
5 posts
Telus
I've been a customer for 4 years. I've renewed twice...and now i'm up for renewal the on the 20th of this month. Telus has called me with a new offer..i'm debating on taking it... :|

Price $30 (+ system acces, emergency...taxes it's about $41)

500 incoming minutes (to non-telus users)
250 outgoing minutes (to non-telus users)
unlimited telus to telus
Unlimited at 6pm-7am and weekends
250 text, picture, or video messages (unlimited incoming text, pc, vid messages)
Call Display
Voice Mail 10
Standard features: Conference call, call waiting

I'm debating if i should haggle for web browswing...not sure if i need it...But..in BC they have this bonus bundle called Bundle 15 which is basically all the features above...but with web browswing but i didn't say anything to the customer relations agent......

i told them i'll think about it and shop around....what do you guys think?

I think they're going to call me back in a few days....i'm not sure if i should commit another 2 or 3 years.....(telus has crappy phones).... :confused:

p.s. they also offered me Fav 5 for discounted price of $5 instead of $10 a month.....i think i alreayd have tons of minutes....i wish they would just give me $25 a month......instead of $30 plus web browsing even tho i don't need it...muwahahaha
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1238 posts
17 upvotes
ms_angry_nipples wrote:
Aug 12th, 2008 4:33 am
Telus
I've been a customer for 4 years. I've renewed twice...and now i'm up for renewal the on the 20th of this month. Telus has called me with a new offer..i'm debating on taking it... :|

Price $30 (+ system acces, emergency...taxes it's about $41)

500 incoming minutes (to non-telus users)
250 outgoing minutes (to non-telus users)
unlimited telus to telus
Unlimited at 6pm-7am and weekends
250 text, picture, or video messages (unlimited incoming text, pc, vid messages)
Call Display
Voice Mail 10
Standard features: Conference call, call waiting

I'm debating if i should haggle for web browswing...not sure if i need it...But..in BC they have this bonus bundle called Bundle 15 which is basically all the features above...but with web browswing but i didn't say anything to the customer relations agent......

i told them i'll think about it and shop around....what do you guys think?

I think they're going to call me back in a few days....i'm not sure if i should commit another 2 or 3 years.....(telus has crappy phones).... :confused:

p.s. they also offered me Fav 5 for discounted price of $5 instead of $10 a month.....i think i alreayd have tons of minutes....i wish they would just give me $25 a month......instead of $30 plus web browsing even tho i don't need it...muwahahaha
Tell them that you will re-sign if the plan is $25 and if you get web browsing for free also. Worst case scenario, they say no, you threaten to move to another provider because you found a better plan.

Actually, that's a good idea. Make up a plan and tell them to match it because you've been a customer for so long and wish to be with them for a little longer. They usually will match for you.
Jul 22, 2007
226 posts
58 upvotes
I got this plan a few weeks ago on a new 2 year signing.

EPP $17.30
200 daytime
e/w starting at 6pm
2500 text out/unlimited incoming
Caller ID, Voicemail 3, CW

Total after taxes and SAF is $36.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2005
1812 posts
113 upvotes
vijskan wrote:
Aug 12th, 2008 12:23 pm
I got this plan a few weeks ago on a new 2 year signing.

EPP $17.30
200 daytime
e/w starting at 6pm
2500 text out/unlimited incoming
Caller ID, Voicemail 3, CW

Total after taxes and SAF is $36.
you pay $18 in SAF, 911 and tax???

something ain't right!
Dec 19, 2005
5 posts
cuongp wrote:
Aug 12th, 2008 9:25 am
Tell them that you will re-sign if the plan is $25 and if you get web browsing for free also. Worst case scenario, they say no, you threaten to move to another provider because you found a better plan.

Actually, that's a good idea. Make up a plan and tell them to match it because you've been a customer for so long and wish to be with them for a little longer. They usually will match for you.
Thanks for the tip!
....You think they would actually budge on the price by $5 and throw in web browsing? I dunno...i heard how it works is they have this "credit" limit. and the can only give so many "credits". I.e. Caller Id is worth $7. Voice mail worth $7. Text is worth $5, +150 minutes is worth $5....etc...etc. And with every feature throw in..it reduces the allowable amount of credits to give. Eventually the agent will have to say No. it's just figuring out the credit limits.... this is like game...a horrible and frustrating game :confused:

I guess i'll give them a call today to see if they will budge any further.....thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6208 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
mcewen wrote:
Aug 12th, 2008 12:53 pm
you pay $18 in SAF, 911 and tax???

something ain't right!
some of his features are probably added to the $17.30 cost, he just didn't specify
Feb 9, 2006
758 posts
31 upvotes
Ontario
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2008 5:30 pm
what company??? Rogers?? and possible you can give us your number so we can use as ref?? :cheesygri
Sorry, forgot to put that the plan is from Telus. I'm in Ontario. I switched from rogers.

My plan isnt totally set yet, I'll probably end up with voice mail 10, web browsing, and another 125 ld min when its all said and done.

We will see about the reference after my plan is locked.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
2512 posts
65 upvotes
Coquitlam
SwiZz wrote:
Aug 11th, 2008 2:15 pm
Total per Month (with SAF + taxes incld.) = $45.20

Phone
- HTC Touch Diamond for $150 ($499.99 is regular price with no contract)

$17.30 Voice Plan
- 200 daytime mins
- Evenings & Weekends starting @ 6pm
- Voice Mail
- Call Conferencing
- Call Waiting

$15 Data Plan (normally $30)
- web/email/instant messaging

Free Stuff
- Caller ID
- additional 50 daytime mins
- 25 long distance mins
- 2500 outgoing text messages
- unlimited incoming text messages
- $100 fee (for not having a minimum $30 voice plan) waived
- $25 activation fee waived
I want exactly what you got. Any hope for a new activation? (Currently not on contract w/rogers)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6208 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
kud0s69 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2008 3:01 pm
I want exactly what you got. Any hope for a new activation? (Currently not on contract w/rogers)
Well I've been with telus 5 years so they were nicer with the free stuff. But from what I've read on the forums at pacific mall the telus store there is giving the $17.30 plan still (even though its supposed to be discontinued).

Or you can just try calling telus's CSRs and say your planning to leave your current place to go to Telus, but that they're offering ua good deal and ask them to match. And see what they say if your unhappy just simply say no thanks and hang up. Just try and see what you get.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
2512 posts
65 upvotes
Coquitlam
SwiZz wrote:
Aug 12th, 2008 3:09 pm
Well I've been with telus 5 years so they were nicer with the free stuff. But from what I've read on the forums at pacific mall the telus store there is giving the $17.30 plan still (even though its supposed to be discontinued).

Or you can just try calling telus's CSRs and say your planning to leave your current place to go to Telus, but that they're offering ua good deal and ask them to match. And see what they say if your unhappy just simply say no thanks and hang up. Just try and see what you get.

Pmall is a bit far for me, being in Vancouver :)

I guess I could try, but maybe I will just stick with rogers and not get my hopes up :)
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6900 posts
261 upvotes
i want to know what the best plan in canada is currently.. or @ least top 3. Anyone know? I want to see where my plan stands in comparison :D
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1238 posts
17 upvotes
ms_angry_nipples wrote:
Aug 12th, 2008 2:26 pm
Thanks for the tip!
....You think they would actually budge on the price by $5 and throw in web browsing? I dunno...i heard how it works is they have this "credit" limit. and the can only give so many "credits". I.e. Caller Id is worth $7. Voice mail worth $7. Text is worth $5, +150 minutes is worth $5....etc...etc. And with every feature throw in..it reduces the allowable amount of credits to give. Eventually the agent will have to say No. it's just figuring out the credit limits.... this is like game...a horrible and frustrating game :confused:

I guess i'll give them a call today to see if they will budge any further.....thanks!
The credit limit may be higher than you think. one person mentioned that they would be able to give you as much credit as you are spending.

Heres what I'm spending and what I'm getting.
10 +8 + 2 +15
10 for plan, i get 25 worth of credit there ($15 for 150 daytime, 10$ cid/vm3), 8 for unlimited text msg ($7 worth of credit), 2 for early e/w no credit, $15 for unlimited data ($15 credit)

as you can see, I still get a little more credit than what I spend.

Here is what my gf plan looks like
$25
200 Daytime minutes
myfave 5
unlimited incoming
250out going text
per-second billing
cid/vm10

she has about $30 worth of credits
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
8 upvotes
cuongp wrote:
Aug 11th, 2008 7:48 pm
I think he is on the Super Talk 10 plan just like me. Except he only got 50 Bonus minutes whereas I get 150. If you do the math, it works out right and I haven't heard of Rogers having a $10 plan.

$10 + $6.95 + $0.75 + Tax = $20

The plan is normally only offered in Manitoba, Sask., Alberta (one of the three). Either he lives in one of those provinces or he received it through LnR.
So if he is a new activation, that would mean he would be living in one of those provinces? Someone from Ontario can't get that plan on a new activation can they?
:mad: :lol:
Feb 9, 2006
758 posts
31 upvotes
Ontario
blizzah wrote:
Aug 13th, 2008 10:32 am
So if he is a new activation, that would mean he would be living in one of those provinces? Someone from Ontario can't get that plan on a new activation can they?
I do live in Ontario