Post your warranty/RMA experiences

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2018 1:57 am
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4525 posts
1588 upvotes
GoPro Hero 6 black

Back screen would blank out at times, out of the box. Contacted support (had to do most everything in chat) and they requested pic of front of camera, pic of serial number, YouTube video showing the problem, proof of purchase. Won this thing in a contest and they accepted the contest declaration and release form as proof of purchase. RMA issued immediately in next chat when I provided required materials. I shipped RMA to Mississauga from Cambridge, next day for $14 via CP, and because in the US they pay for shipping via their own courier setup they offered one of three mount products free - I chose the GoPro Chesty harness ($49.99, but you can get a generic for $15) Turn around was 7 days between receipt of my device and shipping of the new device. I could track the progress of the RMA through their online ordering inquiry but annoyingly I had to contact support to get an actual tracking number once shipped, but the new device showed up next day anyway. Harness is the very latest version and better than a generic. So overall a good experience.
Dec 25, 2017
345 posts
375 upvotes
Anyone had experiences RMAing with Seagate? I might have to RMA it, it seems too slow and I think it's starting to fail (already...). Purchased it from Amazon months back, talked to them and they refunded slightly over half of the purchase price but won't take it back (which was expected since the return period was way over but it was nice that they gave me a partial refund). Want to RMA it anyway so I get a good working order disk to use...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1107 posts
360 upvotes
London
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
Sep 30th, 2018 2:40 pm
Anyone had experiences RMAing with Seagate? I might have to RMA it, it seems too slow and I think it's starting to fail (already...). Purchased it from Amazon months back, talked to them and they refunded slightly over half of the purchase price but won't take it back (which was expected since the return period was way over but it was nice that they gave me a partial refund). Want to RMA it anyway so I get a good working order disk to use...
seagate has a shipping location in canada so return shipping is not alot of money and they have pretty quick turn around.
Dec 25, 2017
345 posts
375 upvotes
aaron158 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 12:56 am
seagate has a shipping location in canada so return shipping is not alot of money and they have pretty quick turn around.
I heard that sometimes they get people to ship into the US and aside from customs, the shipping cost is way higher cross border...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1107 posts
360 upvotes
London
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 1:06 am
I heard that sometimes they get people to ship into the US and aside from customs, the shipping cost is way higher cross border...
i did an rma with them and the shipping location was in ON. if they ask u to ship to the usa ask for a manger and request they provide u a pre paid label.
Dec 25, 2017
345 posts
375 upvotes
aaron158 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 1:12 am
i did an rma with them and the shipping location was in ON. if they ask u to ship to the usa ask for a manger and request they provide u a pre paid label.
They'll issue me a prepaid shipping label for free? If so, I'm RMAing it right after the long weekend! Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1107 posts
360 upvotes
London
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 1:49 am
They'll issue me a prepaid shipping label for free? If so, I'm RMAing it right after the long weekend! Thanks!
sometimes they will if u complain
Dec 25, 2017
345 posts
375 upvotes
aaron158 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 1:51 am
sometimes they will if u complain
Got it!... I do that with Amazon a bit too much anyway...

I already swapped it out in favour of a SSD since Amazon issued a good portion of the drive back without returning it (half a year after refund expiry date) so it covered a decent amount and I wasn't out too much. Still if I get to keep it because I paid something, mind as well try to get it into working order...