Post your warranty/RMA experiences

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2019 10:03 am
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12011 posts
1763 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Bought a set of expensive Le Creuset ramekins from Winners. When I opened the sealed packaging at home, it revealed rough bumps in the glazing at the base of one ramekin. Emailed Le Creuset about the five year warranty. They initially told me to get an exchange or refund from Winners. I responded I can only get store credit. Le Creuset then responded that Winners sells seconds, thus the cheaper price, and that Le Creuset's warranty won't cover those. WTF, nowhere does the packaging indicate that it is seconds! If their packaging would have allowed me to see their entire product, or if it had been labelled seconds, I wouldn't be going thru this hassle in the first place. I think Le Creuset's quality control is the real issue here. Besides, it's just one unused ramekin. No skin off their backs to replace one ramekin.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1166 posts
596 upvotes
Ottawa
Contacted Sno-Tek (Arien) regarding a snowblower that didn't start at the 1st snow of the season, turned out its warranty expired a month or 2 ago but they still offered me to extend the warranty for free to cover this repair.
I was able to fix it by replacing the plug but it was nice of them to cover the out of warranty repair.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10733 posts
1056 upvotes
Mississauga
I had a pair of defective Patriot Memory RAM sticks. I emailed them, received the RMA instructions, mailed them to their office in California and they mailed back the replacements with the tracking number. All of this was done very quickly and efficiently, so no problems with Patriot at all.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2677 posts
796 upvotes
Montreal
just bought a Samsung microSD from Amazon and wanted to check warranty coverage... I got this back in return, wth ??

So Samsung wants Amazon to provide a return/exchange? Will they actually do that?

Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Oct 22, 2004
507 posts
98 upvotes
I bought a Ultimate Ears Megaboom speaker from Best Buy about 4 months ago. All of a sudden it stopped functioning completely unless it was plugged into the wall. As soon as I unplug it, it turns off, although it still functions if plugged into the wall.

I contacted warranty support for Logitech (who owns the brand) and they sent me a replacement and told me to just dispose of the old one and not to bother sending it back.

They did send a replacement, but it was clearly an old speaker that was repaired, it looks quite dinged up and has some scratches on the top and bottom.

I'm a little annoyed by that, but the process was fairly pain-free and I do have a working speaker and a semi-working speaker now.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14335 posts
6715 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Stabwound wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 4:41 pm
I contacted warranty support for Logitech (who owns the brand) and they sent me a replacement and told me to just dispose of the old one and not to bother sending it back.

They did send a replacement, but it was clearly an old speaker that was repaired, it looks quite dinged up and has some scratches on the top and bottom.

I'm a little annoyed by that, but the process was fairly pain-free and I do have a working speaker and a semi-working speaker now.
I would contact them again and tell them politely that while you're delighted they replaced the speaker you're disappointment by the condition of the replacement. I'd go on to say that you take good care of your stuff so that looking at those scratches and dings is a constant reminder of this experience. Ask them if there's anything they can do for you. There are no guarantees they'll do the right thing but it only takes a few minutes to find out.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1323 posts
749 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Best is portable Heater from Costco.
I actually feel bad a bit, but here is the story.

I got a portable heater couple years ago , in around Nov. to use when I bath the little one. The box said 2 year warranty
Year 1 ok. it broke in May of 2nd year, so it is after 2 season of use.
I call up the company, they told me bring it to Costco for RMA or I have to ship it to US, and pay shipping back.
So I bring it to Costco, ask them to do RMA for me.
They told me they will just refund me.

I ask: I use it for 2 season already, all I need is RMA because is under warranty.
The CS at Costco told me, no need, I just refund you and you buy new one next season.

I actually feel a little bad , like I am one of those people abuse the Costco return policy
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Rogers $99 VIP Cable + 4K PVR + Gigabit Internet
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2677 posts
796 upvotes
Montreal
anyone has experience with RMA for an Intel SSD ?

considering one of their SSD: Intel 660p m.2
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006