Post your warranty/RMA experiences

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 11:52 am
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12594 posts
1960 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Bought a set of expensive Le Creuset ramekins from Winners. When I opened the sealed packaging at home, it revealed rough bumps in the glazing at the base of one ramekin. Emailed Le Creuset about the five year warranty. They initially told me to get an exchange or refund from Winners. I responded I can only get store credit. Le Creuset then responded that Winners sells seconds, thus the cheaper price, and that Le Creuset's warranty won't cover those. WTF, nowhere does the packaging indicate that it is seconds! If their packaging would have allowed me to see their entire product, or if it had been labelled seconds, I wouldn't be going thru this hassle in the first place. I think Le Creuset's quality control is the real issue here. Besides, it's just one unused ramekin. No skin off their backs to replace one ramekin.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1443 posts
857 upvotes
Ottawa
Contacted Sno-Tek (Arien) regarding a snowblower that didn't start at the 1st snow of the season, turned out its warranty expired a month or 2 ago but they still offered me to extend the warranty for free to cover this repair.
I was able to fix it by replacing the plug but it was nice of them to cover the out of warranty repair.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11392 posts
1619 upvotes
Mississauga
I had a pair of defective Patriot Memory RAM sticks. I emailed them, received the RMA instructions, mailed them to their office in California and they mailed back the replacements with the tracking number. All of this was done very quickly and efficiently, so no problems with Patriot at all.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2892 posts
948 upvotes
Montreal
just bought a Samsung microSD from Amazon and wanted to check warranty coverage... I got this back in return, wth ??

So Samsung wants Amazon to provide a return/exchange? Will they actually do that?

Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Oct 22, 2004
512 posts
104 upvotes
I bought a Ultimate Ears Megaboom speaker from Best Buy about 4 months ago. All of a sudden it stopped functioning completely unless it was plugged into the wall. As soon as I unplug it, it turns off, although it still functions if plugged into the wall.

I contacted warranty support for Logitech (who owns the brand) and they sent me a replacement and told me to just dispose of the old one and not to bother sending it back.

They did send a replacement, but it was clearly an old speaker that was repaired, it looks quite dinged up and has some scratches on the top and bottom.

I'm a little annoyed by that, but the process was fairly pain-free and I do have a working speaker and a semi-working speaker now.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16437 posts
8776 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Stabwound wrote:
Dec 11th, 2018 4:41 pm
I contacted warranty support for Logitech (who owns the brand) and they sent me a replacement and told me to just dispose of the old one and not to bother sending it back.

They did send a replacement, but it was clearly an old speaker that was repaired, it looks quite dinged up and has some scratches on the top and bottom.

I'm a little annoyed by that, but the process was fairly pain-free and I do have a working speaker and a semi-working speaker now.
I would contact them again and tell them politely that while you're delighted they replaced the speaker you're disappointment by the condition of the replacement. I'd go on to say that you take good care of your stuff so that looking at those scratches and dings is a constant reminder of this experience. Ask them if there's anything they can do for you. There are no guarantees they'll do the right thing but it only takes a few minutes to find out.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2047 posts
1636 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Best is portable Heater from Costco.
I actually feel bad a bit, but here is the story.

I got a portable heater couple years ago , in around Nov. to use when I bath the little one. The box said 2 year warranty
Year 1 ok. it broke in May of 2nd year, so it is after 2 season of use.
I call up the company, they told me bring it to Costco for RMA or I have to ship it to US, and pay shipping back.
So I bring it to Costco, ask them to do RMA for me.
They told me they will just refund me.

I ask: I use it for 2 season already, all I need is RMA because is under warranty.
The CS at Costco told me, no need, I just refund you and you buy new one next season.

I actually feel a little bad , like I am one of those people abuse the Costco return policy
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2892 posts
948 upvotes
Montreal
anyone has experience with RMA for an Intel SSD ?

considering one of their SSD: Intel 660p m.2
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6061 posts
2099 upvotes
I bought a Pegasus pull down kitchen faucet (came with a lifetime warranty) at Home Depot back in 2007 for $25 on this RFD Hot Deal:
kitchen-pull-out-faucet-25-home-depot-4 ... /#p5018068

So far in 11 years of ownership I have exercised the warranty 3 times:
At 5 years of age the faucet would no longer swivel it was stuck pointing at one bowl of my double bowl kitchen sink.
When I called in to make a warranty claim they asked me to disassemble the faucet and grease the swivel mechanism with "Plumber's Grease" - it worked for a few weeks and seized up again.
So I called back in and they shipped me an entirely new faucet at no charge to me.

In December 2018 the faucet pullout hose started leaking.
I called in and they sent me a new pullout nozzle with the hose.
When I went to install it I realized the reason it was leaking was the swivel mechanism was seized and my wife had been compensating by pulling out the faucet whenever she wanted use the other bowl of the sink. The constant rubbing when the hose was stretched across to the 2nd sink wore a pin hole in the hose.
So I called back in to file a claim for a seized tap.
They told me they no longer have my model of faucet available and instead shipped me a new complete "Glacier Bay" equivalent faucet.

Definitely a company that stands behind its warranty/product.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2791 posts
392 upvotes
Vancouver
Xiaomi Mi Box S purchased from Google Express that walmart.com fulfilled

It started acting up on me about 1 month after purchase and stopped turning on one day altogether. I contacted Xiaomi US customer service via chat and told them about the issue and provided the info they required. About 24 hours later, I got an email with a Fedex prepaid label and instructions advising me to ship the defective unit back. The warranty replacement was processed about 2 days after receipt of the defective unit. They shipped the new one out to me via Fedex. Really happy with how smooth the process was!
Oct 13, 2018
4 posts
USA
As of late, We Beach BrewStation kicked the bucket following 1 years of steady use. Their crate said 5-year guarantee. They sent me a substitution no inquiries asked which touched base in 2 days. The main thing they requesting that I do was to remove the power line and after that dispose of the string and the unit. I needed to pay $15 for delivery of the substitution.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5106 posts
873 upvotes
Montreal
I had a similar issue with my Brewstation last year. As I recall, I paid $10 for the replacement at the time.
Phils
Banned
Oct 3, 2018
17 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
First, thank you, whatever you did seemed to make whoever was in charge of the RMA realize that they had forgotten about it.
Nov 25, 2018
66 posts
19 upvotes
Bought a 2017 Honda CRV, it has the famous oil dilution issue. I had argue with many Honda staff and got nothing. Finally they announced recall but the issue persists.

They’ve lost my business for good.
May 31, 2008
698 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a north face jacket about 3 years ago- was leaking down constantly.
Called in for an RMA.
I had to wash it and send it in. The jacket is no longer produced.
They could no repair it either.
They offered me value of the jacket i paid for it- to use toward their site or giftcard (for store and online).
It was a very long process but happy with the result.