- Laptopz-outlet - Buyer did get an item, albeit it was the wrong item and with a longer than expected delay - Item was marked as coming from Belgium.
- gaingame-outlet - Buyer received his items after 43 days. Item was marked as coming from Belgium.
- gadgettown - Buyer did get the item, albeit with a longer than expected delay - Item was marked as coming from Belgium.
- Yallstore - Buyer got wrong items after very long delays. Item was marked as coming from Belgium.
This thread started over me worrying about sketchy details from a relatively unknown courier called POSTCLUBUSA and evolved to what I'd call the NJ scam. Basically, it seems like there are a lot of Ebay sellers falsely advertising their goods as shipping from New Jersey and use this *shady* carrier. What ensues are VERY long delivery times, IF THEY GET DELIVERED AT ALL, very inaccurate tracking information, impossible customer support from both PostClubUSA and the seller. Most Ebayers are frustrated because they bought from what they believed to be an American seller hoping for faster delivery times. I AM NOT STATING THAT THESE SELLERS ARE TRYING TO SCAM / STEAL FROM YOU BY NOT SENDING THE ITEMS, I am simply trying to spread the world on these sellers that use this specific carrier and seem to be falsely advertising their goods location. As an example, someone could be hit with Tariffs/Duties if they ordered something and it came from another country.
After input from other users, here is what we have found so far.
- All sellers claim their goods are shipping from NJ.
- All sellers are registered in the United States
- Most sellers seem to be actually the same person/organization. Ebay correspondence between buyers and sellesr yield the exact same wording from numerous sellers.
- All sellers have high reputation on Ebay, but they all have a high number of shipping complaints as well.
- Nowehere did the seller mention the use of PostClubUSA as a carrier.
- PostClubUSA tracking shows identical or eerily similar information from different Ebayers.
- PostClubUSA tracking information is inaccurate or simply invalid. Cryptic tracking updates. It can show multiple instances of ITEM FORWARDED TO FINAL DESTINATION or CLEARING CUSTOMS for example.
- PostClubUSA customer support cannot be reached. They have a generic mailbox (not identified with the company's name) that is always full.
- PostClubUSA does not answer emails.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Original Message -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
It seems I'm running in a streak of bad luck with my recent Ebay purchases. I'm doing a kitchen renovation project and plan to use LED strips to build a custom recessed island light. Anyway, I bought some strips from a Chinese seller. After 4 weeks I contacted him and told him I didn't get my stuff. He didn't balk or anything, said just OK, I'll refund you the whole deal, including shipping charges. Which leads me to believe he never sent the stuff in the first place and hoped I forgot about my purchases.
So I decided I'd buy in NA only. Got a good deal from a 200K seller (99%) from NJ. Figured I'd be set then. Still, 4 weeks later I don't have the strips. I check edwith the tracking number he gave me : No luck on any of the universal sites (packagetrackr, etc...). So I dig around and find that he used a company called PostClubUSA. I guess their business model is to regroup shipments to save costs but I don't know for sure. Anyhow, even with the PostClubUSA website, I get the SHIPMENT NOT ON FILE treatment. Sent them an email asking to simply make sure they have the package, that I don't need to know for sure where it is now and when I'd get it. Radio Silence. Another email. Nadda. Gave them a call yesterday, no answer. Gave them a call this morning, I get dumped to a message box with no greetings telling me the box is full. I'm a bit concerned because I think the seller made a mistake on the price when he sold me the items because the morning after I bought the items he updated his listing to jump the price by 10$ (15->25$).
My question is does anyone have experience with PostClubUSA? Should I be worried that the seller is giving me a fake # and contact Paypal right away? Maybe I'm being paranoid...