Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
6920 posts
726 upvotes

Posting glitches

Lots of duplicates in hot deals, I posted a thread, tried to view it, says it didn't exist.
Tried to edit it and funky stuffs started to happen, the details disseapeared (categories,etc)

Added pictures then tried to edit a 2nd time...pictures were gone from the edit screen?! Refreshed and it came back

Something's going on..
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9673 posts
834 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Same thing here in OT forum. Appears to be a forum wide issue.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8133 posts
12555 upvotes
Scarborough
Daijoubu wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 11:39 pm
Lots of duplicates in hot deals, I posted a thread, tried to view it, says it didn't exist.
Tried to edit it and funky stuffs started to happen, the details disseapeared (categories,etc)

Added pictures then tried to edit a 2nd time...pictures were gone from the edit screen?! Refreshed and it came back

Something's going on..
There was a big spike in traffic due to Amazon Prime Day which is causing some replication issues. Here's the latest I got from a dev:

"The databases are experiencing a greater deal of replication lag than usual thanks to the traffic spike from Amazon Prime. However, traffic is dying down as more people go to sleep, so I think it'll return to normal levels soon."
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Administrator
Mar 8, 2015
39 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Our database replication struggled with the increased traffic because of Amazon Prime, so there was a delay between posting things and seeing them. The servers have almost fully recovered, but we're looking into preventing this from happening in the future. Sorry about that.
For inquiries, please message TomRFD.