Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7231 posts
1468 upvotes
Mississauga

Posting problems?

I'm having problems posting lately. I would reply to a thread, and hit Post... And wait... nothing happens and no sign that my post has gone thru. so I hit Post again. However, I get a message that this is a duplicate post.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3010 posts
792 upvotes
Ottawa
Having that exact same problem. Samsung Tablet - I wondered if it was my tablet misbehaving.

To avoid a duplicate post, I "post" then select "top" and view again to see if it actually posted. Works fine posting on our desktop.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7231 posts
1468 upvotes
Mississauga
Sometimes my post doesn't even appear, so I would "repost". On this second round, my original post will appear along with my repost.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10320 posts
16455 upvotes
Scarborough
It sounds like replication lag to me. This happens occasionally during really busy periods. Unless you're specifically greeted with an error message, don't try posting it again because it'll likely show up after a few minutes.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3010 posts
792 upvotes
Ottawa
Interesting. I'll test that out :)

Must be busy now, because it didn't show that my response worked.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3010 posts
792 upvotes
Ottawa
Is this more likely to be a problem with a tablet?

Edit on desktop: This post shows on the desktop, but still shows with the "Post" button on a draft on the tablet. Weird but I'll just continue to assume it has posted when I use my tablet and won't "Post" twice.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7231 posts
1468 upvotes
Mississauga
This issue only started happening maybe a couple of weeks ago. Never had this problem before.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10320 posts
16455 upvotes
Scarborough
OttawaGardener wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 12:29 pm
Is this more likely to be a problem with a tablet?

Edit on desktop: This post shows on the desktop, but still shows with the "Post" button on a draft on the tablet. Weird but I'll just continue to assume it has posted when I use my tablet and won't "Post" twice.
The device doesn't matter since it's a web server issue. Once the problem starts happening, it'll affect everyone.
Raggie wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 12:59 pm
This issue only started happening maybe a couple of weeks ago. Never had this problem before.
Since our acquisition by Vertical Scope and the process of transitioning everything over, the problem has become a little more frequent. The increased holiday traffic also exacerbates the issue. The devs are monitoring it 24/7 to proactively reduce the duration of these incidents to minutes rather than hours.

We'll still likely see this happen a few more times before the end of the year and it should happen significantly less often come January.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].