None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1194 posts
117 upvotes
Oakville

Postponing a traffic ticket court date?

How easy (or difficult) is it to do? And how do I go about doing it?

The date is the beginning of next month, and I wont be here. Can it be postponed to a time when I will be here? Or will it be postponed until they can find a date that suits their needs?

Thanks
7 replies
Banned
Jun 28, 2007
828 posts
Ottawa
T-DOT wrote:
Aug 7th, 2007 5:45 pm

The date is the beginning of next month, and I wont be here. Can it be postponed to a time when I will be here? Or will it be postponed until they can find a date that suits their needs?

Thanks
It will be delayed untill they have a free slot.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1194 posts
117 upvotes
Oakville
Bytown wrote:
Aug 8th, 2007 2:30 pm
It will be delayed untill they have a free slot.
Thanks. So, do I go to the office where I initially went to ask for trial option to postpone?
Jun 17, 2005
370 posts
Southern Ontario
Call the court and ask them how you can file a Notice of Motion. You need to have a good reason to want to change the date though. (ie, out of town for work purposes) A date will be selected to have the motion heard, and you will have to be there then.

What court location is this for?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1194 posts
117 upvotes
Oakville
chilicat wrote:
Aug 9th, 2007 12:37 am
Call the court and ask them how you can file a Notice of Motion. You need to have a good reason to want to change the date though. (ie, out of town for work purposes) A date will be selected to have the motion heard, and you will have to be there then.

Markham Road, Scarborough
Deal Expert
Nov 27, 2006
16130 posts
357 upvotes
Etobicoke
chilicat wrote:
Aug 9th, 2007 12:37 am

Before your case is heard, ask the prosecutor if he'll consent to the motion....they often have no problem with that, especially if it's a first appearance and not a trial date. If it's for a trial date, get your motion in ASAP. If the prosecutor doesn't consent and you have to argue the motion, be prepared, Judges aren't at all keen on delaying trial dates that are already set.
Avril Lavigne Black Star Parfum & Cineplex Night out for Two $126, Leapster Gaming System worth $59.99 US; Trip to Cuba ARV $2000; Cineplex Movie ticket (iCoke/Nestea contest)$10; Palaria Clothing Hoody $69;Joe Fresh GC $25; 4 tics for Ted Nugent Concert; Joe Fresh Make-up Kit $50.00; $25 Bath & Body Works GC (Fresh Fiction contest for DiAnn Mills); $1000 in TD Exlusive Offers contest; $100 necklace from an on-the-spot draw while shopping at Sears
Sep 29, 2008
29 posts
toronto
T-DOT wrote:
Aug 7th, 2007 5:45 pm

Thanks
So what happened? Where you able to postpone it?
× < >