Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 9, 2009
1 posts
Toronto

Pot Light installation-Toronto area

Hello everybody
I am looking for an electric company that can install pot lights in my new house.
If you know any company that does a good job for a reasonable price, please share it with us.

Thank you
Vicky
56 replies
Dec 29, 2007
60 posts
on a realted note i have a question can a pot ligth be installed on a stippled ceiling afterwards.

Thanks
Aug 12, 2009
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Hello
I know a very nice company- Vicomp electric, www.vicamp.net
They have installed over 30 pot lights (both interior and exterior) in my house this year
These guys did a VERY GOOD job! They made no damage, left no mess after themselves and gave me a pretty good discount for 34 potlights!

First I was very suspicious and picky and I even called ESA to find out if these guys are certified and insured- they were. I also asked for references and talked to a few people Vicamp worked for recently.
Even then I worried a lot since it was the new house but they did such an amazing job! My house look so beautiful now! Two of my neighbours installed pot lights right after I did)

I would definatelly recommend these guys to anybody who wants to install pot lights. As I know they also perform other electrical services and they work in any part of GTA.

It is definitely worth a call

www.vicamp.net and here is the phone number 416-723-0541
Mar 21, 2006
56 posts
Maple
Michael_S wrote:
Aug 13th, 2009 5:32 pm
Hello
I know a very nice company- Vicomp electric, www.vicamp.net
They have installed over 30 pot lights (both interior and exterior) in my house this year
These guys did a VERY GOOD job! They made no damage, left no mess after themselves and gave me a pretty good discount for 34 potlights!
What did you pay per light?
Aug 12, 2009
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
They charged me $70 per light for Canadian brand (excellent quality) called Contrast lighting, this price includes the light and labour; they installed the new line from panel for free

and also you can get any pot light you want from them- 3 or 4 inches, white-black-silver-gold, round or square, matte or shiny- you name it...

"do they put pot lights in stippled ceiling"- we have stucco ceiling too- they made no damage to the ceiling-(they left no wholes)

they did a very clean job- covered all cabinets with plastic and hardwood floor with paper- I haven't seen anybody do it before
Aug 12, 2009
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I forgot to mention that my builder wanted close to $200 per pot light and said that whoever will do them later will make a damage to my hew house
I am glad I didnt listen to them
Vicamp did it for me with no damage and at a much lower price
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2002
4997 posts
425 upvotes
Michael_S wrote:
Aug 19th, 2009 11:23 am
I forgot to mention that my builder wanted close to $200 per pot light and said that whoever will do them later will make a damage to my hew house
I am glad I didnt listen to them
Vicamp did it for me with no damage and at a much lower price
No damage that you can see...

I'm watching Holmes on Homes now and I think it's making me weary of my builder and contractors. :lol:
Jul 4, 2008
7 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
marafetka wrote:
Aug 13th, 2009 11:42 am
Hello everybody
I am looking for an electric company that can install pot lights in my new house.
If you know any company that does a good job for a reasonable price, please share it with us.

Thank you
Vicky
Follow this thread and you'll find some references about a highly recommended company named Mapleleaf Electric Inc if that helps:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... f+electric
Aug 25, 2008
264 posts
2 upvotes
Michael_S wrote:
Aug 17th, 2009 2:01 pm
They charged me $70 per light for Canadian brand (excellent quality) called Contrast lighting, this price includes the light and labour; they installed the new line from panel for free

Hi Michael_S,

Vicamp quoted me $120 MR16 Contrast potlight. What kind of lights did you install? Was the price different for 1st floor and 2nd floor?? How much did you pay for outdoor Lights?
Please advise asap as I am ready to pull the trigger??

Thanks, Lamb.
Feb 23, 2010
1 posts
GTA
I also had pot-lights installed in my house by www.vicamp.net

I installed over 53 lights indoors on the main and second level as well as outdoors. These guy's are the best....

They are certified, they are reliable, on-time, on schedule and best of all, there was not even one extra hole or patch that had to be done. Quite impressive. Their prices are very reasonable for what you get. They also did some additional work for me such as mounting a ceiling fan bracket (which was re-inforced) as well as wiring for my wall mounted flat screen.

Prior to using these guy's, I had about three other folks come in and none of them said they could do the installations without significant patching.

In terms of pricing, you can get an exact quote from their website.

I have been so impressed with these guy's that I have recommended to many of my friends who have also now used them with great results.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4275 posts
319 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
Lotta first posts..
Audio - Video - Data - Security - This is what I do
Sep 23, 2003
203 posts
30 upvotes
I agree way too many first posts…………..Very suspicious.
Mar 15, 2010
65 posts
4 upvotes
Pittsburgh
Funny, that their join dates weren't more recent. If this is spam you would think if they were smart enough to register the accounts previously then they would have thought to make some posts first so it didn't seem so obvious.