Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Potato Salad at Costco $2 off now $5

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2012 8:03 pm
Tags:
None
33 replies
Feb 14, 2012
351 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
This stuff should be called Country Red triple thick mayo salad with potatoes :lol:
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2007
1159 posts
1736 upvotes
Oakville
i am skinny, is this recommended to gain some weigh??
Feb 14, 2012
351 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
yohung wrote: i am skinny, is this recommended to gain some weigh??

To gain weight eat more protein rich meats, veggies and beans, and stay away from carb fillers like bread/rice/pasta (never have more than a fist sized serving of these no matter how hunger you are)

This salad will simply give you runs if you chow it down for weight gain
Jun 29, 2008
478 posts
184 upvotes
This potato salad is bomb!... Great to go alongside some BBQ!
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1512 posts
373 upvotes
Edmonton
Ommack wrote: To gain weight eat more protein rich meats, veggies and beans, and stay away from carb fillers like bread/rice/pasta (never have more than a fist sized serving of these no matter how hunger you are)

This salad will simply give you runs if you chow it down for weight gain

Eat veg and low carb to gain weight? I'm pretty sure a diet like that is best used for losing weight or maintaining a lean composition. The simple answer for weight gain is eat more calories and you can do that on enough clean food but I think you have to know why someone is skinny, why they want to gain weight and if there are any health concerns before you can give appropriate diet advice. Unless someone is allergic to this stuff, a person can gain a lot of weight eating it (although I suspect the cost to their health and body comp might not be worth it, it's not for me to decide).

This stuff is not health food folks, it is a delicious treat and a pretty good price to boot.
You can't steal in slow motion
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1955 upvotes
Elmira
therein60mins wrote: This potato salad is bomb!... Great to go alongside some BBQ!
canadiankorean wrote: that potato salad is great.

So true, I love this potato salad as well, happy to see it's finally back in stock. was gone from my local costco all winter, i think it's a summer thing
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
I agree it tastes great but the nutritional value is shockingly bad.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
I hate potatoe salad but wife loves it.I saw this at costco over the weekend but not on sale or i would of bought.Guess this week when i make a trip there ill grab some.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto

Flop down some McDoubles and fries.

Just take the mcdonalds diet.
Remember to drink plenty of water.
Banned
Feb 11, 2005
1828 posts
35 upvotes
VanCity

My method of gaining 30lbs (I didn't want), find a desk job with stress and eat big lunches, go home and eat whatever you usually do for dinner and go to sleep (stress will help you with this part).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto

Yes. Keep eating lots of this stuff. Eat at least a tub a day. After 30 days, you'll see the difference.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1629 posts
76 upvotes
Got this last week at reg price for the first time and it's not bad
Feb 14, 2012
351 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
Anatomy wrote: Eat veg and low carb to gain weight? I'm pretty sure a diet like that is best used for losing weight or maintaining a lean composition. The simple answer for weight gain is eat more calories and you can do that on enough clean food but I think you have to know why someone is skinny, why they want to gain weight and if there are any health concerns before you can give appropriate diet advice. Unless someone is allergic to this stuff, a person can gain a lot of weight eating it (although I suspect the cost to their health and body comp might not be worth it, it's not for me to decide).

This stuff is not health food folks, it is a delicious treat and a pretty good price to boot.

Agreed on checking with a doctor prior to making radical
Changes to one's diet if you have health concerns. But I was not promoting a low carb diet (Atkins and the like) veggies and beans are packed with carbs (so are most natural foods since carbs are a macro-nutrient) I'm simply stating that to gain weight one must eat lots of different foods to ensure they're getting the full spectrum of vitamins, minerals and electrolytes in combination with proteins (as amino acids are the building blocks of our bodies)

I find most people tend to eat too much processed carbs (breads, pasta, cereals, rice) so they fill up on this stuff in various forms (especially since most are cheap due to low grain and corn prices) and then complain how they can't gain weight.

Full disclosure: this is an educated opinion and not the end-all solution to weight gain , as some hard-gainers may have more complicated issues (such as thyroid/hormone irregularities) that would need prof. Medical treatment
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1512 posts
373 upvotes
Edmonton
I didn't say Atkins or south beach or... but the foods you suggested are all relatively low carb and you did say to avoid high carb food items. In a healthy person, eating carbs will increase insulin which is responsible for food storage (feeding muscle and storage in fat), fat is the macronutrient with the highest caloric density. This stuff is the perfect storm for weight gain. It won't be pretty weight, but it will add weight.

I've spent years working with top national and international coaches fine tuning my physique for bodybuilding competition. Your suggestions are for a diet that we would use to either lose or maintain weight while preserving as much lean as possible.

Imo you've offered great diet advice in general but haven't answered the question that was asked. It's also not the best advice for other situations when weight gain is the only stated goal. Want to gain weight? Add carbs and fat. Want to lose weight? Reduce carbs and fat. That is an oversimplification but it will work pretty well for an average person.

I'm not going to read this thread anymore. This is terribly off topic and terribly boring. If there's anyone else who thinks that eating foods high in carbohydrates and fat can't result in fast weight gain I'll see you in the stomach stapling queue.

This stuff is loaded with carbs and fat and deliciousness and I'm going to buy some next time I'm at Costco.
You can't steal in slow motion
Dec 11, 2003
402 posts
35 upvotes
Anatomy wrote: This stuff is the perfect storm for weight gain. It won't be pretty weight, but it will add weight.

I've spent years working with top national and international coaches fine tuning my physique for bodybuilding competition. Your suggestions are for a diet that we would use to either lose or maintain weight while preserving as much lean as possible.

Imo you've offered great diet advice in general but haven't answered the question that was asked. It's also not the best advice for other situations when weight gain is the only stated goal. Want to gain weight? Add carbs and fat. Want to lose weight? Reduce carbs and fat. That is an oversimplification but it will work pretty well for an average person.

Second this. :)