• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2019 5:42 pm
60 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Their website shows a breakfast menu...is the Toronto location open for breakfast?
I wouldn't mind trying their breakfast sandwich. Better yet, maybe they can make it available all day?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3674 posts
2028 upvotes
What makes this place special? I don't see anything particularly unique or creative as far as the sandwiches go.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
3117 posts
1665 upvotes
shutterbug wrote: What makes this place special? I don't see anything particularly unique or creative as far as the sandwiches go.
Nothing. It's nothing but college town grub.
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
Went to one in Washington DC; it was good and not too expensive.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
shutterbug wrote: What makes this place special? I don't see anything particularly unique or creative as far as the sandwiches go.
It's an alternative to giving Subway sub all your money. It's not a sub shop, but it is a sandwich shop...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
yes. this location open for breakfast. not been yet. walk by it everyday. nice change from the store selling junk that used to be there. but since Hero burger closed, i hope the landlord did not gauge the franchisee or this could be short lived...landlords are so greedy. so many places sit empty because of greed for MONTHs.
Left rfd
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Quality sandwiches

I've never had but I hear they are very good - better quality than Soobway. Also very reasonable $$.

Next time I'm downtown I will definitely pop in.
Sep 15, 2003
448 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto
Potbelly is my favourite when I'm in the states.

They are just simple but quality sandwiches

The large is maybe 8 or 9 inches only, but they aren't stingy with the meat so its satisfying.

Get it with the hot peppers, they use pickled hot giardenera.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
Whaaaaat!! My go to place every time I'm in Chicago! A-wreck is what to get! Nom
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
Yup. Seemed to be pretty popular at lunch. A great addition to the core for sure and nice change from the other subway places that are so cheap these days.
Left rfd
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1104 posts
372 upvotes
About 100x better than subway or Mr. Sub IMO
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
superizzy wrote: About 100x better than subway or Mr. Sub IMO
I will attest to that. Bought a Italian and a wreck with everything. Super fresh ingredients. Wow. Great spice from the hot peppers. Dijon mustard. Very decent size for regular.

The building it is in is huuuge. Nice decor also.

I'll be back for sure!!
Left rfd
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Love Potbelly...used to eat it all the time in Ann Arbor. Glad to see it coming to Toronto.
Now, let's get Jimmy John's up here.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
WorldIRC wrote: Love Potbelly...used to eat it all the time in Ann Arbor. Glad to see it coming to Toronto.
Now, let's get Jimmy John's up here.
I have had Jimmy Johns many times - very good subs also.

I was going to pop in to Potbelly on Sunday but the traffic was so bad because of road closures I killed the idea. Soon!
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3361 posts
1108 upvotes
I went today. Had the Pizza Sub. Really fresh bun and ingredients. Excellent sandwich.

That place gets busy. I was glad I was there before 11:30 at lunch time.
Oct 18, 2016
9 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
zomg. Between this and Uniqlo coming to Toronto I'm going to be a fat, yet stylish, bastard.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
476 upvotes
Have never heard of this. So Toronto now has Potbelly and Fatburger? Hmmm.
I would like an In-n-Out, a Culver's and a Chick Fil-A please!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Anyone try both Potbelly and Panera Bread? How do they compare? I've never tried the first but tried the new Panera sandwhich place in Aurora. Good sandwhiches but way too expensive at about $10 for what looked like half a sandwhich.