Art and Photography

Potentially really cool timelapse tool?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2014 11:22 am
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
9081 posts

Potentially really cool timelapse tool?

For those of you who like to do timelapses, this adds some motion without any extra cost! It will certainly depend on your lens, though... and naturally you'll be giving up some image quality with the way it'll work.

Who's going to be first to try it out?
Follow me on Instagram and 500px
7 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
16679 posts
I funded a Radian via Kickstarter ( ... r-everyone ) last year and it came in the mail earlier this week (shame I was on vacation in Japan all of May so I didn't get to bring it with me), haven't had a chance to play with it.

With that being said, the Radian has a trigger port that works with Canon bodies but I'm using a Sony RX100 now, which doesn't have time lapse as a feature. I'll probrably end up using my GoPro Hero2, waiting on good weather to leave it outside.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2892 posts
A friend just showed me the Radian yesterday. It looks pretty cool.
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7268 posts

Image ... 3834f3c2f3

Astro is shipping!

We are very excited to announce that we started shipping our kickstarter orders a couple of weeks ago and we expect to fulfill all of them in about 4 weeks.

We’ve been getting an increasing number of pre-orders and requests over the past couple of days and we want to give all of you the opportunity to get one of the last Astros from the first production batch. There is only around 450 Astros left! We are planning to start production for the second batch in the summer, so this will be your last chance to order one in the near future, this will also be the last time we will offer them at this reduced price.

There is a limited number of units available, and we will start shipping them immediately after we fulfill all of our kickstarter pre-orders. Based on the current shipping rate, we expect new orders to be fulfilled in 6-8 weeks.

Thanks for being part of this journey in one way or another, we will be forever grateful.

The Astro team.
× < >