• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2004 12:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
1674 posts
2 upvotes
Dragonrana wrote:No NHL this season, and now VC traded to Nets!! That's it! No more raptors for me(TV or watching it live)...hell I hope the team implodes and gets shipped to another city like the Grizzlies within 3 years. I knew eventually VC would be traded, but the value he got wasn't worth it. I mean his scouts could have done a little more work and maybe another deal would have been better. But, Mourning, Eric & Aaron Williams and two restricted 1 round draft picks that really don't belong to the Nets(Denver & Philly)!! What a waste! Have they not learned from the Hakeem Olajuwon fiasco? :mad: I hope when Carter comes and face the raptors he lights them up!! Enough of this rebuilding stuff, they've been rebuilding since the beginning of this disenchanted franchise! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mourning doesn't want to play here and possibly Eric Williams since he's from New Jersey....

who in the right mind in the NBA wants to come to Canada to play basketball??? > :(

Carter was the face of the raptors and now he's gone and we get in return a bunch of scrubs? People around the world who turn on the tv are there to watch Carter not the raptors. I don't see any bright spots even with Bosh or Bonner, and Alston. Who in the NBA really want to waste time in Toronto, while they could go somewhere else to a contending team that has a shot for the NBA title? Screw Babcock and the whole Raptor organization!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The only bright spot in T.O. is the Argos!! Argos 2004 Grey Cup champions!

That's my rant!
i totallly agree, Raptors stink, they might as well move, i wouldn't be sad over it. if i was a prominent nba player, i wouldn't wanna play in toronto and lose year after year. i rather play for the clippers, atleast it'll be warm while i lose.
the raptors might as well fold now. i never really cared for them anyways.
i actually look more foward to the jays than the raptors. they gotta bring back hockey soon.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2002
3493 posts
24 upvotes
I think I've mentioned this before but imagine if Raptors drafted Dwyane Wade rather than Bosh. As much I like Bosh, Wade is just awesome. He was taken right behind Bosh. If Raptors grabbed him, we would have Carter, Wade, Rose, Marshall. And maybe Wade can carry some of the scoring and Carter might see the franchise heading in the right direction and not request a trade. Don't resign Mo Pete in the offseason and sign a C or make a trade. Either way, we would have a better team and brighter future now.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2004
1809 posts
6 upvotes
spike-spiegel wrote:I think I've mentioned this before but imagine if Raptors drafted Dwyane Wade rather than Bosh. As much I like Bosh, Wade is just awesome. He was taken right behind Bosh. If Raptors grabbed him, we would have Carter, Wade, Rose, Marshall. And maybe Wade can carry some of the scoring and Carter might see the franchise heading in the right direction and not request a trade. Don't resign Mo Pete in the offseason and sign a C or make a trade. Either way, we would have a better team and brighter future now.
Lots of ifs, buts, whatevers.

What if we didnt take Radojevic or Bradley or Jefferies? What if we kept T-Mac?
Heck, what if we had a franchise in 84 and drafted MJ?

If we DID have Dwayne Wade, how likely was it that we'd get Rose + Marshall?
Nov 13, 2004
276 posts
2 upvotes
I'm tired of bandwagon basketball fans criticizing Bosh. Wade and Bosh play completely different positions. Wade was not intended to be a PG, but an SG. At the time of the draft, we still had a content VC, so why would we need another SG? Also, Bosh is two years younger than Wade. He has many years before he develops into a great player, whereas Wade might be seeping into his prime. Finally, big men take longer to develop. Realize it and accept it.

On another note, the Raptors will NEVER relocate. MLSE is simply too rich. Unless they fold, the Raptors are here to stay.
[OP]
Mar 11, 2003
588 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
i find it ridiculous that the nets were trying so HARD to deal ZO....
that now he's a raptor, he'd be MORE ATTRACTIVE.

if he was more attractive, we'd do a 3-way deal. babcock has nothing on his mind....you heard his interview...he was going to his stupid christmas party.

this GM is nothing but a joke. his brother is an absolute joke for the hawks...he single-handedly made the dumbest deal ever...wilkens + 1st rounder for manning. look at the hawks now.

we did the same as golden state. you know why golden state DIDN"T PICK TMAC? YOU GUYS REMEMBER? they wanted adonal foyle...coz they WANTED A STUPID DAMN CENTRE. we look so like golden state now.

the nba gms are making babcock the laughing stock of the week. we didn't get ONE TRUE centre in the deal coz give me a frikken break, ZO isn't going to play here, and he has his health problems as well. i have NO idea why babcock did this, this trade + araujo makes me think he's a dumbshxt.

honestly, i see no vision in him whatsoever. he accepted the deal without getting any of the NETS 1st rounders. this is one sad day for the raptors. pat quinn is even better than this clown.
[OP]
Mar 11, 2003
588 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
the stumbling block in portland was JALEN ROSE. DID WE TRADE AWAY JALEN ROSE TO NETS??? HELLO?!?!!?! WTF? is babcock blind? we could have received abdur rahim straight up, i don't care how much you dislike his work ethics...but it's better than zo + 2 williams. QUALITY > QUANTITY PEOPLE. we got a bunch of scrubs.......

the rose+marshall+baxter deal was great, we got a great player in marshall...and i have no idea why we waived baxter ok.....NO IDEA WHAT SO F-ing EVER...baxter is better than woods i think.

this babcock guy is utter crap. his love for araujo makes me puke. trade him to utah for a 2nd rounder babcock..you know we're paying 3 mill for him in the injury list. are you an idiot babcock? we all know why we didn't pick dr. J to be gm....peddie is a cheapskate. he loves useless people coz he can pay nil for them. it's all peddie's fault. i dunno in what way babcock impressed the management except for his puny contract. sam mitchell is a good coach....but sh&t.....babcock is ONE BAD GM
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
10080 posts
384 upvotes
Toronto
You guys spouting out all these players that still don't win...

what has T-MAC done for any of his teams?? nothing... let's hope with Yao on his side he might actually win something or compete.

Carter is so exciting to watch when he's cheerleading on the sidelines let's get him some pom pom's and a mini skirt...that i would pay to see.

What is soo great about Dr J. as GM??? Great basketball player but that doesn't mean he would be a great GM.. was he given a fair shake?? probably not which was stupid for the raps..
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/