Expired Hot Deals

pre-order Assassins Creed IV and get AC Revelations free (plus bonus DLC)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2013 9:41 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 1, 2009
82 posts
232 upvotes

pre-order Assassins Creed IV and get AC Revelations free (plus bonus DLC)

I didn't see this posted yet, as the title says you pre-order AC IV on walmart.ca and you get the Sacrificed Secrets DLC pack (Mission and weapons) and a copy of AC Revelations ($20 new) free

Xbox 360
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/assassins-c ... &addFacet=

PS3
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/assassins-c ... &addFacet=

Walmart Exclusive Sacrificed Secrets Pack

Pre-Order Assassin’s Creed® IV Black FlagTM at Walmart and get exclusive in-game content, Sacrificed Secrets Pack.

Uncover Captain Drake’s lost treasures, including golden flintlocks and swords when exploring the exotic Sacrifice Island. Sacrificed Secrets Pack includes:

Treasure hunting mission: Sacrifice Island
Captain Drake’s dual wield swords and pistols
Drake’s outfit
Other valuable MP items such as Drake’s picture, title, and relics.
Plus Copy Of Assassin's Creed Revelations Included

I have decided to go next gen on this one myself but it still seemed like a deal worth sharing :)
14 replies
Feb 28, 2012
104 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
DLC is great, but Revelations is the worst in the series. Walmart won't win me over with that deal.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1320 posts
96 upvotes
Fredericton
Mirchness wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2013 9:44 am
DLC is great, but Revelations is the worst in the series. Walmart won't win me over with that deal.
+1, Revelations felt like a chore to play through.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3116 posts
304 upvotes
smuPoker wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2013 10:46 am
The trailer for Revelations got me so pumped though lol. They really know how to market those games through trailers
Dec 22, 2009
220 posts
33 upvotes
smuPoker wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2013 10:46 am
This. So much this.

Bought it two Christmas' ago, and just finished it a couple months ago. Got about a quarter of the way through and couldn't play anymore. Really weak game and the series took a then for the worse at this point.

It also doesn't help that the AC games are incredibly boring. You've been doing basically the same thing since the first. Gameplay wise, you basically just hold down an "action button" to do all that jumping and climbing, and then for battle you basically just counter everything. Game has run it's course, they should have just stuck to the main story and released only four every 15-18 months, as opposed to every year.
Feb 28, 2012
104 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
BlissKira wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2013 10:56 am
The trailer for Revelations got me so pumped though lol. They really know how to market those games through trailers
which is exactly why I haven't bought in to the hype of AC4 & Watch Dogs yet.
Dec 22, 2009
220 posts
33 upvotes
Mirchness wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2013 12:46 pm
which is exactly why I haven't bought in to the hype of AC4 & Watch Dogs yet.
Watch dogs will be legit.

Understandable with 3 and revelations being a mess.

AC is just a stale and restricted environment. Games like watch dogs and far cry 3 will and are so much better than AC.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3473 posts
609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Don't their Revelations copies come with AC1 also?

I didn't find revs that bad lol, just played it recently, ac1 was my favorite and replayed it right before revs so it was kind of nice to go get closure on Altair and it was also the end of Ezio's story thank god.

All the Desmond stuff in it was pretty bad though lol, I couldn't even force myself to finish those first person puzzles.. zzz. Other than that is was just like every other AC game before it.
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Dec 22, 2009
220 posts
33 upvotes
x2plyx wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2013 12:54 pm
Don't their Revelations copies come with AC1 also?

I didn't find revs that bad lol, just played it recently, ac1 was my favorite and replayed it right before revs so it was kind of nice to go get closure on Altair and it was also the end of Ezio's story thank god.

All the Desmond stuff in it was pretty bad though lol, I couldn't even force myself to finish those first person puzzles.. zzz. Other than that is was just like every other AC game before it.
That last paragraph is the biggest problem. It is just like every other AC game. After playing the same game 5 times, people started to seriously get tired of it.

The additions are pretty boring, like was it brotherhood they introduced the restrictive use of guns? They could do the AC u inverse so much better at this point.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7641 posts
798 upvotes
Revelations should've been a DLC for Brotherhood, not a full-priced, full-length standalone game. It's basically Brotherhood with a new map and one new gameplay feature (the wire-hook) and a storyline that effectively pointless and utterly failed to advance the series' plot anywhere.

AC3's gameplay was good but the storyline was a complete disaster and Conner was nowhere near as relate-able as Ezio due to very poor scripting.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2008
1045 posts
396 upvotes
Calgary
This is more than likely a dual pack, not a preorder bonus. They've done this in the past with games like Farcry 3, MK, Batman, Max Payne etc.
The Best Deals Are The Unadvertised Ones
Jul 31, 2011
443 posts
341 upvotes
Hamilton
Anyone know if this is for PC too?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3561 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
Although I didn't hate Revelations as much as everyone else here, it's probably best to wait a couple months for AC4 to go on sale for like $20.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4585 posts
838 upvotes
IMO, AC Revelations is easily the 2nd worst main entry Assassin's Creed game in the series. AC1 was the worst.
Ezio and the Italian Renaissance setting was the pinnacle of Assassin's Creed series IMO. Revelations doesn't resolve Ezio's story either, it only concludes Altair's.

To find out what happens to Ezio, one would have to watch the DVD that only comes with the AC Revelations collector's edition (or watch it on youtube).
Ezio marries Sofia, has kids, and it also explains how he lives out the remainder of his life. All of that should have been explained in AC Revelations.
Instead, those details were omitted and relegated to a low budget cg movie that looks disjointed from the series' high quality cg movies from the trailers.

link below for the Ezio conclusion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMgryPsS5wM

Any of the present day plot points involving Desmond's side of the story were dull, and convoluted IMO.
Winkle wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2013 1:05 pm
Revelations should've been a DLC for Brotherhood, not a full-priced, full-length standalone game. It's basically Brotherhood with a new map and one new gameplay feature (the wire-hook) and a storyline that effectively pointless and utterly failed to advance the series' plot anywhere.

AC3's gameplay was good but the storyline was a complete disaster and Conner was nowhere near as relate-able as Ezio due to very poor scripting.
× < >