• Dec 22nd, 2012 1:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
398 posts
266 upvotes

[Telus] Pre-owned Telus Sony Xperia Ray - $89.99 @ FS

Futureshop is selling Sony Xperia Ray @ 89.99 again, but the refurbished version rather than new

Might be able to get 50 dollar bonus prepaid credit

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 6f1a5een02

I got the new prepaid version for 100 bucks.
Night little phone, with good build quality.
Good resolution screen (3.3" with 480 by 800) and 1ghz processor

Wondering if I should get another one as a backup phone

Edit: removed the online only part from the thread title. Seems to be available in Markham store

Edit2: Price dropped to 89
37 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
2916 posts
653 upvotes
Ontario
pvp wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 11:37 pm
Futureshop is selling Sony Xperia Ray @ 99.99 again, but the refurbished version rather than new

Might be able to get 50 dollar bonus prepaid credit

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 6f1a5een02

I got the new prepaid version for 100 bucks.
Night little phone, with good build quality.
Good resolution screen (3.3" with 480 by 800) and 1ghz processor

Wondering if I should get another one as a backup phone
Back-up phone? Unless you break phones a lot I wouldn't. Technology changes to fast to have a back-up. Just my 2 cents
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
[OP]
Feb 28, 2011
398 posts
266 upvotes
Agreed. But, at 99.99 regular price and chance to go on sale, seems like a nice deal.
Oct 24, 2009
182 posts
59 upvotes
This phone is really old and slow. Wouldn't recommend this even if it's new one with $99 price tag.
Apr 10, 2009
947 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
galaxy s2 still on sale ~ $75 at BB?
Apr 11, 2012
634 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
This was available brand new for 99.99 just six months ago. A nice phone. I would advise it if you're not on wind.
Jan 8, 2009
132 posts
20 upvotes
Richmond
taya1214 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 11:56 pm
This phone is really old and slow. Wouldn't recommend this even if it's new one with $99 price tag.
I don't think it's old and slow. It's an ARM v7 processor after all. The screen has excellent ppi. Not the crappy ARMv6 phones in LG Optimus One and the $60 phones. $99 is about the right price point give and take $10-15. However saying that, there are better deals out there for $50 more like the Virgin S2 or Koodo S2X. But if $99 is all you can afford, it's more than worth the money for it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
6986 posts
654 upvotes
this phone has very high build quality and unlike the typical samsung, it is multilangual. it may not be an issue for everyone but just FYI.

Beside, the advantage of this phone is its size which of course can also be its disadvantage. I would say it feels like a 'dumb phone' size/weight wise yet have the smart phone features.

EDIT:
another advantage, 2100 band i. Not many 'entry level' android has that.
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
i would get one but only new, not refurb. very nice tiny phone. I returned mine sealed last sale because I got the Prepaid galaxy s vibrant refurb, it came with $50 telus credit and for $20 Futureshop sold me the 2 year extended warranty. I highly advise you to get the warranty because telus refurbs are 90 days only.

also if anything goes wrong like gps or wifi flakes out you get back your $99 plus tax... so you can beat the life out of the phone no worries
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
2320 posts
647 upvotes
AB
I had this phone. Also bought on sale for $99 at FS. Liked the screen and the built quality, battery life is also good. The main problem that I had was the phone did not have enough RAM, so the apps would close randomly. Also was slow at times, probably CPU too weak. I had it on stock ROM and also on custom lighter ROM. The phone works great if you're not a heavy smartphone user. Just use it for calls, occasional web stuff, and pictures (these were great, awesome camera). One more thing, if you text a lot, it will be hard, unless you have smaller hands.
Anyway after 3 months of use I decided to get a Galaxy S2 and sold the Ray for $135. The S2 is mush better!
Jul 4, 2012
252 posts
71 upvotes
Qc
alanbrenton wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 5:12 am
Sell to staples for $15 profit? :)

http://instantsale.ebay.ca/offer/sony-e ... one/65806/
I try to go thru (selling it back to Staples) and got that error at "checkout":
"eBay was not able to communicate with the buyer's servers. Our engineers are actively looking into the issue and we apologize for the inconvenience. We recommend that you check back later, list the item on eBay, or try eBay classifieds. "
Jul 3, 2003
148 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
g1zm05 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 7:45 am
"eBay was not able to communicate with the buyer's servers. Our engineers are actively looking into the issue and we apologize for the inconvenience. We recommend that you check back later, list the item on eBay, or try eBay classifieds. "
I had that happen to me as well on the Shipping label address form. It turns out, for me, that it was pre-populating the full Province name (i.e. Ontario) instead of using the two letter abbreviation. Changing it to ON worked for me. See if that's the case...
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
34300 posts
6253 upvotes
g1zm05 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 7:45 am
Just put a sell order through. You can always not ship the phone. Lock in the profits, so to speak. :)
Jul 24, 2005
78 posts
33 upvotes
FYI to all interested parties...

I'm currently running Jelly Bean on this phone using Cyanogenmod 10.

See Free Xperia for details.
× < >