• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2012 1:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2004
4806 posts
230 upvotes
Got this phone a few months ago new, unlocked it and went on a European trip. Came back and sold it. I figure that I really don't need a backup phone these days. From my experience, the screen is too small for everyday use but the overall size perfect for travel. I was mainly using tripadvisor and google map. However battery doesn't really last long, so you gotta watch the battery level.
Aug 6, 2004
984 posts
51 upvotes
Got this phone when it was on sale over the summer. Unlocked and took it on a trip to Asia. This thing seems to have all the bands available there and worked flawlessly using the local SIM cards.

Beware of one issue though: the latest Android update disables the ability to tether your Internet connection. It appears to be a common problem which Sony will not address.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
6974 posts
654 upvotes
bobor wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:54 am
Got this phone when it was on sale over the summer. Unlocked and took it on a trip to Asia. This thing seems to have all the bands available there and worked flawlessly using the local SIM cards.

Beware of one issue though: the latest Android update disables the ability to tether your Internet connection. It appears to be a common problem which Sony will not address.
thanks for the info, glad that i didn't do the update
Jul 4, 2012
249 posts
71 upvotes
Qc
neostrider wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 8:34 am
I had that happen to me as well on the Shipping label address form. It turns out, for me, that it was pre-populating the full Province name (i.e. Ontario) instead of using the two letter abbreviation. Changing it to ON worked for me. See if that's the case...
Thanks for the tip, but it does not seem to work with me. I get this error message when trying to print the label: "eBay was not able to communicate with the buyer's servers. Our engineers are actively looking into the issue and we apologize for the inconvenience. We recommend that you check back later, list the item on eBay, or try eBay classifieds."

Actually my problem was with accented characters. My (French) name has one of those !! For it to work, I just had to "speak white" !
Jun 26, 2010
163 posts
13 upvotes
$16 profit though. You will need to pack the phone, go over to the store etc.
Dec 14, 2009
215 posts
42 upvotes
Adva wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 11:03 am
If you order 2 and sell 2 the profit would be $32.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32702 posts
5545 upvotes
ecilamtl wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 11:50 am
If you order 2 and sell 2 the profit would be $32.
Not only that. You get back at Staples for all the OOS, screw ups, unethical employees who hard and managers who won't PM when they should have rightfully so. :)
New Dell PowerEdge T20 4GB DIMM, Pentium G3220 3.0 GHz 4 Bay Win 10 Pro $275 obo
new-dell-poweredge-t20-4gb-dimm-pentium ... st26638669
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32702 posts
5545 upvotes
Adva wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 11:03 am
You will get a free shipping label but they only ship via purolator :) Just make sure you take photos of the phone including IMEI/serial number. That's what I did when I sold my Nexus S at a slight profit. :)
New Dell PowerEdge T20 4GB DIMM, Pentium G3220 3.0 GHz 4 Bay Win 10 Pro $275 obo
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1321 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
taya1214 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 11:56 pm
This phone is really old and slow. Wouldn't recommend this even if it's new one with $99 price tag.
best phone i've ever used. i'm completely happy with it, and find it hilarious when iphone users can't do the stuff i can with it

but to each their own. i'm not a heavy data user(i think data on any phone is a waste of time and impractical) and the smaller physical size and amazing battery life are perfect for me
Jul 4, 2012
249 posts
71 upvotes
Qc
I ordrered one. Then I checked my order status and it says "out of stock"... but on FS site it still says 17 available.
Anyone else in the same boat?
Jan 8, 2009
132 posts
20 upvotes
Richmond
kamascottra wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 2:26 pm
but to each their own. i'm not a heavy data user(i think data on any phone is a waste of time and impractical) and the smaller physical size and amazing battery life are perfect for me
Really? I think you are a waste of time... (sorry joking... I take that back.) But I wouldn't call data as waste of time and impractical. Having information on demand is very practical most of the time. Finding information anywhere and everywhere is actually a time saver at times. The only complaint I have is the cost of mobile data. If you think data is a waste of time, I guess Internet is data and you just wasted your life right there.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1321 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
flashx wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 2:35 pm
Really? I think you are a waste of time... (sorry joking... I take that back.) But I wouldn't call data as waste of time and impractical. Having information on demand is very practical most of the time. Finding information anywhere and everywhere is actually a time saver at times. The only complaint I have is the cost of mobile data. If you think data is a waste of time, I guess Internet is data and you just wasted your life right there.
as i said, to each their own. i'm usually not more than 10feet away from a computer. and there is no phone made that is more convenient than a computer for accessing data. one of the common complaints with the phone is the small screen being hard to use for internet and other data services. i just find all cell phones to be just as impractical and difficult to use. in a pinch, it'll work, but it'll never be my first option.

try not to argue points i didn't make. i've typed both these replies with a computer, and left my phone in my pocket, as i always do.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32702 posts
5545 upvotes
kamascottra wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 2:46 pm
as i said, to each their own. i'm usually not more than 10feet away from a computer. and there is no phone made that is more convenient than a computer for accessing data. one of the common complaints with the phone is the small screen being hard to use for internet and other data services. i just find all cell phones to be just as impractical and difficult to use. in a pinch, it'll work, but it'll never be my first option.

try not to argue points i didn't make. i've typed both these replies with a computer, and left my phone in my pocket, as i always do.
True. This is the same reason why I have not itched to purchase another tablet after I sold my playbook 16GB. I have access to the internet and a phone line most of the time since I have an office job (with occasional field work)

The laptop/smartphone with mobile hotspot is a lethal combination though especially for those with generous data plan (my family had already foregone the wireless voice component and use VOIP apps instead) -- it's internet connectivity just about anywhere, not just in the office or home.

I know it may be over kill for many but better to have internet access and not have to use it than need internet access but can't have it. Wish it was like in the US or Korea/Taiwan/Japan where free public wifi is ubiquitous.
Nov 2, 2006
141 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
Nice phone, quite fast and the screen resolution and picture quality was fantastic but I had to bring mine back because the screen was just way too small for any serious browsing.
Jul 21, 2007
449 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
It is a decent phone, but the screen is too small, and don't update to ICS if you have GB.
× < >