Pre-wedding Photography in Guild Park

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2017 5:50 pm
[OP]
May 1, 2008
52 posts
2 upvotes

Pre-wedding Photography in Guild Park

Hi I am planning to do a pre-wedding photography at Guild Park in Scarborough during the weekday like Monday. I was wondering if anyone have experience requiring a permit on a weekday to take pre-wedding photo? Yes I will be wearing my wedding dress. My uncle will do the photography but I don't think they would differentiate my uncle from professional wedding photographer because I am wearing the white dress. I went to Guild Park this Saturday and saw a wedding party. I don't see any security guards there.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9841 posts
4223 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Your wedding-like attire and your actions as a couple classify you as "Formal Photography", however if you don't care that you may be booted off by a bylaw officer and if you have a backup location/day, skip the permit especially since there's only 3 of you.

A wedding party or group who must shoot on that day, in that location, will want authority over the area, and will get a permit e.g.; you can call bylaw to come and move people having a picnic if they are in a spot you want to use and they refuse (unlikely but your permit has clout).

I did an engagement shoot at Kariya Park, I'm sure the other photogs with couples that day didn't have a permit either, only the big wedding parties.

Mar 28, 2003
724 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Have you been to Guild Park lately? The last time I was there (about a month ago) it was filled with construction equipment and the paths were muddy from tall the heavy equipment. The front area was closed off.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9555 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
CoinSaver wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 9:34 pm
Have you been to Guild Park lately? The last time I was there (about a month ago) it was filled with construction equipment and the paths were muddy from tall the heavy equipment. The front area was closed off.
Probably still construction but the Guild Inn is having a 'Grand' Opening event as it's not open.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7797 posts
911 upvotes
Markham
No security guard doesn't mean you are allow to without permit. It is an hit and miss. Yes, you can probably get the whole thing done and no body even care, but what one security was so on his job and came by to stop you.
That would ruin your beautiful day for photo shoot.

I paid for the permit when I only need 2 hours at Richmond Green. I had the whole group of groomsmen and bridesmaids with us.
There are other wedding group there at the same time, I'm not even sure if they got their permit too.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Aug 1, 2010
735 posts
297 upvotes
Montreal
MP3_SKY wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 10:56 am
No security guard doesn't mean you are allow to without permit. It is an hit and miss. Yes, you can probably get the whole thing done and no body even care, but what one security was so on his job and came by to stop you.
That would ruin your beautiful day for photo shoot.

I paid for the permit when I only need 2 hours at Richmond Green. I had the whole group of groomsmen and bridesmaids with us.
There are other wedding group there at the same time, I'm not even sure if they got their permit too.
AFAIK the majority does not get a permit.
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7797 posts
911 upvotes
Markham
aerok wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 12:46 pm
AFAIK the majority does not get a permit.
That's what I think. Most people doesn't want to pay the fee and wish to get away with it and rather risk it.
It depends how much the park restrict their rules.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Aug 1, 2010
735 posts
297 upvotes
Montreal
MP3_SKY wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 12:54 pm
That's what I think. Most people doesn't want to pay the fee and wish to get away with it and rather risk it.
It depends how much the park restrict their rules.
I usually ask clients if they want a permit or risk it. 100% ofthem want to risk it lol
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
[OP]
May 1, 2008
52 posts
2 upvotes
Hi everyone I ended up going to Guilds Inn on a Monday without permit. Spent 5+ hours there taking pictures with no issue.