Prebuilt Gaming Desktop

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2017 10:06 am
[OP]
Apr 16, 2017
7 posts

Prebuilt Gaming Desktop

Hi,
I'm looking for a deal on a pre built gaming PC, something that will run basically everything now and in the near future, thinking at least a 1060X and willing to spend up to $1500ish.

I don't want to build my own or do anything custom.

Thanks
11 replies
Feb 5, 2007
263 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
I'd definitely echo the option of building your own. If not confident, find a friend or hire someone else. You will still get more value out than buying prebuilt. Many computer stores even have a building option where you just select the parts
[OP]
Apr 16, 2017
7 posts
That actually looks pretty perfect! Has an i7 and SSD even. I've never heard of Aeon are they good?

No cd drive or wifi though eh?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1789 posts
4 upvotes
Markham, Toronto
oatboy00 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 9:53 pm
how about this? http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-rog-gr8 ... omoid=1035
No DVD drive but you can either add an internal/external yourself (plug and play) for an extra $20.
Wifi network card costs you for about another $30 but if you use this pc for gaming you might want to hook it up with LAN cables anyways.

To me the difference between the 2 desktops don't justify the $200 difference. You only need the SSD for OS mainly, not for storage anyways so don't waste money on a 512MB SSD.

The Aeon computers are basically "canadacomputers branded", I have been using an Aeon 1065 myself for half year and I've been very happy with the performance. Reasonable price, very quiet fans, runs most games at max setting, fast and reliable system in my opinion.

Good luck
Dec 5, 2010
4 posts
Halifax
One thing I would ask is are you planning on running a 1080 or 4K monitor. If you are going to be using a 1080 display then the PCs with the 1060's would run most games now and in the near future at reasonably high settings.

If you plan on running a 4K monitor go for the 1070 or above. Plus if you can wait a bit the new AMD Vega chipset will be coming out very soon and may drive the prices of the 1060 and 1070 down :)

Just some food for thought.