• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2018 7:56 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7694 posts
590 upvotes
Oh I hope there is no issue with getting this card, I will need it since I will be spending a crap ton in USD this year.

Will be applying soon.

Also what is considered too much available credit to income? 10%? 40%? Say you make $100k and have 20k available credit, is that too high?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2570 posts
1303 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 1:00 pm
Say you make $100k and have 20k available credit, is that too high?
My annual income is 44k and I have 62.5k in revolving credit lines.
I still get approved for new cards.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1995 posts
532 upvotes
Vancouver
coolintheshade wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:19 pm
My annual income is 44k and I have 62.5k in revolving credit lines.
I still get approved for new cards.
You should try applying for this card to see what happens. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
😎 Fido $55/6GB Loyalty Pulse Plan: 6GB, Unltd Canadian LD, Unltd Global Texting, 1000 Intl LD Minutes, Data Bytes, Fido Roam, Spotify... 😄
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2570 posts
1303 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:18 pm
You should try applying for this card to see what happens. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I did many months ago. My experience with HT left a sour taste in my mouth.
Just over 2 weeks after applying I heard nothing, so decided to give them a call.
They couldn’t find my application.
I was told someone would return my call within 48 hours so we can figure out what happened.
No one called after 3 days, so I called again, and went through the whole spiel with a second person.
Was promised a call back in 24 hours.
I was like, yeah I was told I’d get a call back in 48 hours 3 days ago, and haven’t heard anything.
He assured me he was forwarding my inquiry to the credit department right now and I will get a call back in 24 hours for sure.
Guess what happened after 24 hours, after 3 days, a week?

Swore I would never deal with that company again, and I won’t even if it’s the last forex free card in the world.
That’s atrocious customer service.
I applied for Fido instead and had the card in a week.
Jan 5, 2018
39 posts
11 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:26 pm
Just over 2 weeks after applying I heard nothing, so decided to give them a call.
I was told someone would return my call within 48 hours so we can figure out what happened.
No one called after 3 days, so I called again, and went through the whole spiel with a second person.
I was like, yeah I was told I’d get a call back in 48 hours 3 days ago, and haven’t heard anything.
He assured me he was forwarding my inquiry to the credit department right now and I will get a call back in 24 hours for sure.

Swore I would never deal with that company again, and I won’t even if it’s the last forex free card in the world.
Wait, so what happened? Come on, don't leave us hanging! ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1995 posts
532 upvotes
Vancouver
coolintheshade wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:26 pm

Good to know.... Unfortunately it’s the only no-fx visa in Canada now. Although Rogers/Fido MC is much much better on customer service and rewards, we still need a Visa card for Visa-only places like US Costco. What’s your solution for US Costco?

And Visa can act as a backup card when your Rogers/Fido MC is not accepted or declined at some weird places.
😎 Fido $55/6GB Loyalty Pulse Plan: 6GB, Unltd Canadian LD, Unltd Global Texting, 1000 Intl LD Minutes, Data Bytes, Fido Roam, Spotify... 😄
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2570 posts
1303 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:50 pm
Good to know.... Unfortunately it’s the only no-fx visa in Canada now. Although Rogers/Fido MC is much much better on customer service and rewards, we still need a Visa card for Visa-only places like US Costco. What’s your solution for US Costco?

And Visa can act as a backup card when your Rogers/Fido MC is not accepted or declined at some weird places.
I don’t shop U.S Costco. I keep as much of my money spent in Canada as possible.
Oct 21, 2011
39 posts
4 upvotes
Surrey, BC
bylo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 4:17 pm
Same, except you don't get the surprise snail mails ;)
Actually I got a surprise email from Credit Karma, asking that if I had a new account under my name.
It turned out to be that I have been approved for Home Trust Visa Face With Tears Of JoySmiling Face With Open Mouth!

For the record, my credit score was 745 when applying and 742 after being approved. Have applied for three credit cards in the past 2 years, and got 1 rejection (that Amazon no forex fee visa). Annual income is less than 50k.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2008
3669 posts
1393 upvotes
WorkSafeBC wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 5:20 pm
Actually I got a surprise email from Credit Karma, asking that if I had a new account under my name.
It turned out to be that I have been approved for Home Trust Visa Face With Tears Of JoySmiling Face With Open Mouth!

For the record, my credit score was 745 when applying and 742 after being approved. Have applied for three credit cards in the past 2 years, and got 1 rejection (that Amazon no forex fee visa). Annual income is less than 50k.
I haven't followed your story/history, so I'm not sure if you mean that you didn't receive the MC yet. But, don't the FIs normally report the new tradeline to the bureaus after the first statement has been generated. Or is this the way HT operates? Take a few months to deliver the card to you, but report the new tradeline first?

I have been approved for more than 50 new CCs, and not one of them reported to the bureaus before I received the card or first statement. So weird.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2570 posts
1303 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 5:31 pm
I haven't followed your story/history, so I'm not sure if you mean that you didn't receive the MC yet. But, don't the FIs normally report the new tradeline to the bureaus after the first statement has been generated. Or is this the way HT operates? Take a few months to deliver the card to you, but report the new tradeline first?

I have been approved for more than 50 new CCs, and not one of them reported to the bureaus before I received the card or first statement. So weird.
Of all the credit I've applied for over the years, MBNA and Scotia reported the accounts before I even received the card.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15754 posts
1825 upvotes
Toronto
Just applied, lets see how long approval takes.
Current offer: AMEX 40k MR Points (convertible to $400 cash or 40k Aeroplan Miles) Sign up Bonus + $125 Cash Bonus + (No Annual Fee first year)
Jan 5, 2018
39 posts
11 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:32 pm
Just applied, lets see how long approval takes.
For reference point, I applied last Thursday. I called today and they still didn't have me in the system yet and told me it can take 15-21 days.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Decivox