• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2018 6:22 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8879 posts
867 upvotes
Just applied now. I assume there is no email confirmation with your application.
Sep 24, 2003
132 posts
22 upvotes
Do they provide secondary cards for spouses? I couldn't find any info about that on the site. Thanks!
Aug 7, 2015
50 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
I applied 3 weeks ago and just got the rejection letter today by mail. I did apply to 7 credit cards in the last 6 months though. Anticipate 2 and a half to 3 week wait time to get a response if you were approved for this card.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4821 posts
878 upvotes
Toronto
surflife6 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:13 pm
I did apply to 7 credit cards in the last 6 months though
Why?
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Aug 7, 2015
50 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been churning lately for the sign up bonuses. Plus I wanted to have a forex free VISA credit card along with Rogers MC, but I think I was being too ambitious. I will wait 6 months before applying for a new one.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14074 posts
6492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
surflife6 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:39 pm
I've been churning lately for the sign up bonuses. Plus I wanted to have a forex free VISA credit card along with Rogers MC, but I think I was being too ambitious. I will wait 6 months before applying for a new one.
So maybe Home is smarter than we give them credit for. If they can see all that churning then perhaps they simply don't want your business. How can they know that theirs isn't a card you're going to churn?
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2079 posts
457 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:26 pm
I did many months ago. My experience with HT left a sour taste in my mouth.
Just over 2 weeks after applying I heard nothing, so decided to give them a call.
They couldn’t find my application.
I was told someone would return my call within 48 hours so we can figure out what happened.
No one called after 3 days, so I called again, and went through the whole spiel with a second person.
Was promised a call back in 24 hours.
I was like, yeah I was told I’d get a call back in 48 hours 3 days ago, and haven’t heard anything.
He assured me he was forwarding my inquiry to the credit department right now and I will get a call back in 24 hours for sure.
Guess what happened after 24 hours, after 3 days, a week?

Swore I would never deal with that company again, and I won’t even if it’s the last forex free card in the world.
That’s atrocious customer service.
I applied for Fido instead and had the card in a week.
Very similar thing happened to my wife last fall.

After re-reading this thread I wonder if they've actually approved the card and put it on her CB without informing her or sending her anything.

Does Home Trust Visa primarily use Equifax or Transunion?
HSBC World Elite Mastercard
3% travel/1.5% everything else, Mastercard acceptance
31 day medical insurance, trip cxl, trip interrupt
Discuss here
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
2171 posts
907 upvotes
Montreal
bylo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:42 pm
So maybe Home is smarter than we give them credit for. If they can see all that churning then perhaps they simply don't want your business. How can they know that theirs isn't a card you're going to churn?
Because there’s nothing to churn?Winking Face Doesn’t appear to be any signup bonus, just a boring, keep it in a drawer until vacation time, Amazon replacement.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14074 posts
6492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
S5 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:39 pm
Because there’s nothing to churn?Winking Face Doesn’t appear to be any signup bonus, just a boring, keep it in a drawer until vacation time, Amazon replacement.
Yabbut they can see that he's a CC collector. From that they can infer (a) he's got a wide variety of other cards to choose from so their card may not get much usage and/or (b) he's just in it for the 0% FX. If they're smart they're not going to issue cards just for the sake of issuing cards.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Aug 7, 2015
50 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
Home Trust uses Equifax to check the report. I called the rep and told me to reapply in 6 months due to the number of Inquires I have.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
3574 posts
1961 upvotes
Today I called and the rep said they recently received a large number of applications so the wait time is up to 21 days. RFD effect?
😎 "How do you like to pay?" "American Express!" 😄
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14074 posts
6492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
EdisonL299 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:22 pm
RFD effect?
Also amazon.ca effect (aka Chasing away customers to go Home.)
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1994 posts
282 upvotes
Ottawa
bylo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:44 pm
Also amazon.ca effect (aka Chasing away customers to go Home.)
Ba-dum-tish...

On another note, I also applied for the Home Trust card today too. Good to know that there'll be a delay. I have no problem waiting (we have until mid-March).
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337