Home & Garden

Premium Custom Shutters

Sep 5, 2011
236 posts
170 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Thanks OP and everyone for all of your kind words!

My name is Nano from PC Shutters. We heard so much great things about this community and decided to join to thank you for all of the refferals!
Dec 5, 2007
457 posts
25 upvotes
Hamilton
tonershop wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2011 10:58 am
Does anybody know what kind of wood these guys are using? I went to amazing shutters and they quoted me $20/sq ft for MDF and finger jointed wood.. I am not a fan of these "engineered wood"

See post #5. (Yellow Poplar)
May 22, 2007
871 posts
111 upvotes
PCShutters wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2011 3:44 pm

My name is Nano from PC Shutters. We heard so much great things about this community and decided to join to thank you for all of the refferals!

If I give you approximate measurements of all my windows, would you be able to provide with an estimated quote?
Sep 5, 2011
236 posts
170 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Deevusone wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2011 3:51 pm
If I give you approximate measurements of all my windows, would you be able to provide with an estimated quote?

Of course! as long as it doesn't conflict with the rules of this forum, I would be happy to provide you with a quote. Please send me an PM or email me at ndinh@pcshutters.ca

Thanks.
May 22, 2007
871 posts
111 upvotes
PCShutters wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2011 3:53 pm
Of course! as long as it doesn't conflict with the rules of this forum, I would be happy to provide you with a quote. Please send me an PM or email me at ndinh@pcshutters.ca

Thanks.

Thanks Nano, I'll be sending you an email shortly.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6361 posts
193 upvotes
PCShutters wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi Nano!! You and Ken installed my shutters. (north of Toronto on the lake!). Shutters look great and we've had many compliments and several of my friends will probably be calling when they're ready!! Oh, and someone asked about the type of wood you guys use. I forget the type as I only remember it's some sort of hardwood.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2765 posts
847 upvotes
Montreal
hi my name is Marc from XYZ Shutter Inc and I'd like to ... ughh :(
what has RFD come to?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6361 posts
193 upvotes
marc_t wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2011 11:46 pm
hi my name is Marc from XYZ Shutter Inc and I'd like to ... ughh :(
what has RFD come to?

So just what is your point? From what I understand it's a place to find out about great deals and that's exactly what is being discussed in this thread and so the problem you are having with that is what?

If I hadn't read about this company in this thread, I'd still be sitting here with bare windows, and so instead I'm here, very pleased with great shutters because I read this thread on RFD. I had posted on here, the great experience, as had others, and obviously due to this thread others have used their services and have informed the company where they heard about them. The guy who works there was obviously pleased about the referrals and he posted his thanks on here. To me that further shows what a great company this is. He didn't start this thread, someone else did. I guess according to your way of thinking it's "shame on him for showing his appreciation for the kind words being said about his company". Ya, what a horrible thing.

So, that was the breakdown of this thread, one that was going on in a very positive manner and then someone (you) seems to have an issue with these facts. I think your post has made it rather clear as to what RFD has come to. It's become a place that no matter what thread is started, even one with good recommendations and positive things, there will always be someone who seems to feel that someone has pee'd on his cornflakes and he will post his disastifaction yet he won't specify exactly what the disatisfaction is.

You have brought nothing to this thread, other than your negativity and haven't even expressed why you felt the need to pee on this thread.

There.... feel better? Cause I do.
Nov 9, 2011
572 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
deltone wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 2:22 am
So just what is your point? From what I understand it's a place to find out about great deals and that's exactly what is being discussed in this thread and so the problem you are having with that is what?

Well said! I totally agree. We are all here to do our research before we make our purchases. I like to read up on products/company reviews before I buy.

Thanks Felks24 for your response, I missed that.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6361 posts
193 upvotes
tonershop wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 10:02 am
Well said! I totally agree. We are all here to do our research before we make our purchases. I like to read up on products/company reviews before I buy.

Thanks Felks24 for your response, I missed that.

Don't you just love thread crappers? NOT!!!

Anyhow, as far as the shutters go, if you do decide to go with them, you won't be sorry. A friend of mine had shutters installed (in London) and she had less windows covered than we did, and she had the plastic, or whatever it's called and she paid a lot more than we did and in all honesty, hers don't look as nice as ours. Same with my brother. A few years back he had a few windows done and while yes, they look great, he paid more than we did. He was peeved when he saw how great ours looked and how much we paid compared to him.
Sep 5, 2011
236 posts
170 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
deltone wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2011 10:01 pm
Hi Nano!! You and Ken installed my shutters. (north of Toronto on the lake!). Shutters look great and we've had many compliments and several of my friends will probably be calling when they're ready!! Oh, and someone asked about the type of wood you guys use. I forget the type as I only remember it's some sort of hardwood.

Thanks Deltone! I am glad you like the shutters. You have one of the most amazing view of the lake! Enjoy it.

Thanks again for your kind words.
Nov 9, 2011
572 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
deltone wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2011 12:05 pm
Anyhow, as far as the shutters go, if you do decide to go with them, you won't be sorry. A friend of mine had shutters installed (in London) and she had less windows covered than we did, and she had the plastic, or whatever it's called and she paid a lot more than we did and in all honesty, hers don't look as nice as ours. Same with my brother. A few years back he had a few windows done and while yes, they look great, he paid more than we did. He was peeved when he saw how great ours looked and how much we paid compared to him.

Just curious, what is the shutter louver size did you get? I cant decide which one I want for my bedroom. It is a small room, only about 120 sq ft. But I have 3 windows. I am thinking of 2.5" because I read somewhere that 3.5" is recommended for a bigger room. I dont particularly like the smaller louver (1.5"?), it looks like blinds..
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6361 posts
193 upvotes
tonershop wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 10:05 am
Just curious, what is the shutter louver size did you get? I cant decide which one I want for my bedroom. It is a small room, only about 120 sq ft. But I have 3 windows. I am thinking of 2.5" because I read somewhere that 3.5" is recommended for a bigger room. I dont particularly like the smaller louver (1.5"?), it looks like blinds..

I have the plantation ones, which are the largest ones. Our rooms are very small and it's not an issue. We chose the larger ones as they will let in the most amount of light when opened and actually let in the least amount when closed (less slats). A friend of mine had them over on Sunday to do a quote and they're getting them installed in a couple of weeks. They were very pleased with the quote and how nice Ken was.

I'm seriously thinking of calling them back in to do our sliding door as it hadn't occurred to me that it would be a good idea. My friend is getting hers done and it's only going to cost $600 for that which is amazing. It would cost more than that for decent verticals which are gross.

Make no mistake, the low prices do not mean low quality. These shutters are not low quality at all.
Dec 5, 2007
457 posts
25 upvotes
Hamilton
tonershop wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 10:05 am

We went with 3.5" louvers with a center bar throughout the whole house including the patio door. We wanted a uniform look.

2 of our windows have arches above as well, and these were done as well and look fantastic.
Dec 5, 2007
457 posts
25 upvotes
Hamilton
deltone wrote:
Nov 29th, 2011 2:51 pm
I have the plantation ones, which are the largest ones. Our rooms are very small and it's not an issue. We chose the larger ones as they will let in the most amount of light when opened and actually let in the least amount when closed (less slats). A friend of mine had them over on Sunday to do a quote and they're getting them installed in a couple of weeks. They were very pleased with the quote and how nice Ken was.

I'm seriously thinking of calling them back in to do our sliding door as it hadn't occurred to me that it would be a good idea. My friend is getting hers done and it's only going to cost $600 for that which is amazing. It would cost more than that for decent verticals which are gross.

Make no mistake, the low prices do not mean low quality. These shutters are not low quality at all.

Do it!!!