Home & Garden

Premium Custom Shutters

Dec 31, 2006
19 posts
+1 for Premium Custom Shutters. We found very positive reviews for Premium Custom Shutters on RedFlagDeals.com and decided to contact them for an in-home estimate. Both Ken and Nano arrived at our home with samples and answered all our questions. Once the measurements were done, we received a competitive quote. We then short-listed vendors and put Premium Custom Shutters on the top as their customer service and professionalism was unsurpassed in our experience. Ken and Nano were extremely polite, patient and personable. We received prompt communications and answers to our questions throughout. On installation day, Ken and Nano arrived on time (in fact a few mins early), and expertly installed the new shutters. Both my wife and I absolutely love our new shutters, and our neighbours and friends are also going to be contacting Premium Custom Shutters. End to end, it was a great experience, and we highly recommend Premium Custom Shutters.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3193 posts
480 upvotes
Had Ken come in last saturday to do an estimate and i have to agree with others. He is very polite and very organized. All questions were answered right there and then. The price my wife and I received was very good, considering some of our windows are very big and we also priced in the sliding door. They will be installing the shutters come april 11th, i will post up some pictures for anyone interested.
Dec 13, 2011
892 posts
86 upvotes
azn_dan wrote: Had Ken come in last saturday to do an estimate and i have to agree with others. He is very polite and very organized. All questions were answered right there and then. The price my wife and I received was very good, considering some of our windows are very big and we also priced in the sliding door. They will be installing the shutters come april 11th, i will post up some pictures for anyone interested.

do they have any places in quebec? ...
--------------------------------
:evil:
Spam:irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3193 posts
480 upvotes
sorry they are only a local company within the gta (as far as i know)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6364 posts
193 upvotes
azn_dan wrote: sorry they are only a local company within the gta (as far as i know)

Actually, they do go to many places in Ontario. I don't live in the GTA and they came to my house. I'm not sure how far they will go but I'm thinking they won't go to Quebec but you'd have to call them to find out for sure.
Sep 5, 2011
398 posts
409 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
stt55pot wrote: do they have any places in quebec? ...

Hi stt55pot,

We service every cities in the Southern Ontario region. Unfortunately, at the moment, we don't offer installation for cities outside of the Golden Horseshoe area -- you will need to pick up the shutters and install it yourself (we will provide the hardware).
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3193 posts
480 upvotes
deltone wrote: Actually, they do go to many places in Ontario. I don't live in the GTA and they came to my house. I'm not sure how far they will go but I'm thinking they won't go to Quebec but you'd have to call them to find out for sure.
I mentioned they were a company in the GTA, but never did i say that they only serviced the GTA :razz: I know they travel pretty far for customers.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3193 posts
480 upvotes
Mar 11, 2007
235 posts
34 upvotes
Sep 5, 2011
398 posts
409 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
flip114 wrote: Looks great! It looks like you went with the frame less installation with the hinges installed directly onto the window frame. Some companies insist on doing a framed installation for sturdiness. Any particular reason you went with frame less? Pros Cons? I have a new home so both options are available to me.

Hi Flip114,

Frame less installation is very popular for the following reasons from the consumer point of view:

- shutters will sit flush with the window casing, it does not intrude into the room. Less chance of accidental damages.
- slightly cheaper than framed installation
- doesn't cover your window trim. A lot of people paid good money for their nice trims, why cover it up with shutters?
- if you have condensation on your windows, the frame will block the air circulation and you might have a pool of water stuck between your window pane and the shutter frame. Might be an issue with newer home because the house have a lot of moisture from the wet framing.
- harder to clean between the shutter frame and the window pane.

The pro for frame installation:
- most windows are not perfectly square, the frame will cover up the uneven gaps

Myth:
- shutter frame does not make your shutter more sturdy unless your window trim is made out of dry-wall or similar low quality trims.

I can only think of two reasons why companies would insist on using frames:
- more money for the company
- easier to install and measure. They dont meed to be accurate with their measurents because the frame will cover all minor flaws. Again, this is only good for the company, not the consumer.

I hope that helps clarify your concerns. Feel free to call us at 905-282-1326 if you have additional questions.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3546 posts
670 upvotes
Just bring an old thread back to life :) I had PC shutters do the shutters for me, work and quality as great as mentioned on this thread.
Jan 15, 2007
473 posts
55 upvotes
I had PC Shutters install shutters on seven windows in my house this morning.. the two front windows were the main concern but we figured we may as well do the others...

Alexanians and Fasada quoted over $1600 for just the two windows... PC shutters were $2100 for all of them! Great deal and great worksmanship.
Mar 26, 2009
625 posts
96 upvotes
Hamilton
Wait a minute... a bit over 2k to have an entire house done?
Dec 13, 2003
451 posts
22 upvotes
Gigit wrote: Wait a minute... a bit over 2k to have an entire house done?
That was for 7 windows.

PC Shutters prices are very hard to beat though. They are installing mine on Monday. I had 5 quotes and they were far lower then others.
Jan 15, 2007
473 posts
55 upvotes
mystical2003 wrote: That was for 7 windows.

PC Shutters prices are very hard to beat though. They are installing mine on Monday. I had 5 quotes and they were far lower then others.
Ya.. .that's seven windows..but most of the house... back split... seven windows covers the main level and upstairs (bedrooms) level... we didnt do the downstairs family room or office.. but may do them in the future.