• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2017 1:02 pm
[OP]
Mar 23, 2016
369 posts
123 upvotes

prenatal class in vancouver or langley area

Hi

We are considering attending a prenatal class in and around Vancouver area. Would you recommend this as something useful? We are both first time parents so feel nervous
If useful, should we take this when baby's due date is closer?

PS Does anyone recommend breastfeeding pillows?
10 replies
Jan 9, 2011
971 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
yes, we did it in Burnaby, through douglas college. It was held at the burnaby hospital. It was useful and helped give comfort that you've considered most of the things out there. Try to do it so it ends about a month or two before your due date.

Breastfeeding pillow, my wife didn't care for it, others swear by it. Hard to judge. Try to get it used or borrow.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2016
369 posts
123 upvotes
Sypsy wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 5:59 pm
yes, we did it in Burnaby, through douglas college. It was held at the burnaby hospital. It was useful and helped give comfort that you've considered most of the things out there. Try to do it so it ends about a month or two before your due date.

Breastfeeding pillow, my wife didn't care for it, others swear by it. Hard to judge. Try to get it used or borrow.
Thanks Sypsy, I was eyeing the DC class and they have a few locations to choose from. No online enrolment so I will call on Monday to register.
Jan 9, 2011
971 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
You're welcome!

I find that redflagdeals doesn't have a great parenting community when asking questions or searching for questions asked. I personally prefer reddit, specifically:
www.reddit.com/r/babybumps
www.reddit.com/r/predaddit

(if you don't care for reddit, just ignore the rest of it)
Aug 17, 2014
49 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
springdays wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 10:33 pm
Thanks Sypsy, I was eyeing the DC class and they have a few locations to choose from. No online enrolment so I will call on Monday to register.
We did this class also at Burnaby General....but we found it to be a waste of time. Maybe it was the instructor. She made us do a lot of group activities that no one was really into and she didn't focus enough on the more important issues. Such as pain management options and how to breast feed your baby and get him/her to latch. Anyways just my 2 cents.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2016
369 posts
123 upvotes
canadianbrah wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 12:06 am
We did this class also at Burnaby General....but we found it to be a waste of time. Maybe it was the instructor. She made us do a lot of group activities that no one was really into and she didn't focus enough on the more important issues. Such as pain management options and how to breast feed your baby and get him/her to latch. Anyways just my 2 cents.
Thanks, I paid for the one day class - hope this one will be better...
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2003
16111 posts
1677 upvotes
Langley
I was enrolled in one in Langley but the baby came before the course, so I didn't go.

I don't know if I'd recommend breastfeeding pillows, they smell funny and I get a better sleep on the regular foam kind.
Jan 9, 2011
971 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
canadianbrah wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 12:06 am
We did very few group things and I thought we were quite thorough on pain management. Definitely a different instructor, or maybe your feedback helped my class. I did it this spring, so quite recently.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1138 posts
185 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
We did the 1 day crash course at Douglas College in Coquitlam. It was great (covered the basics and didn't drag on longer than necessary).

My wife used a My Breast Friend and loved it. We got it used for $10.