Credit Cards

Prepaid Credit Cards (Continuously Updated)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2024 2:06 am
Tags:
None
Apr 17, 2010
71 posts
7 upvotes
This might be newbie question , but what happens if I had to make a return on something I bought ? can the money be put back into the Pay Power re-loadable card
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6265 upvotes
rokim99 wrote: This might be newbie question , but what happens if I had to make a return on something I bought ? can the money be put back into the Pay Power re-loadable card
Yes.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Nov 6, 2018
15 posts
11 upvotes
where can you purchase Paypower mastercard? Tried 2 sobeys and 2 metros, no luck
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6265 upvotes
TerryX55595 wrote: where can you purchase Paypower mastercard? Tried 2 sobeys and 2 metros, no luck
Safeway, Save On Foods.
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Dec 2, 2017
753 posts
868 upvotes
Keep an eye on your transactions guys. Today PP admitted that the system "lost" my $100 somehow. It's been 2nd time already in 3 months. Spent about a month last time to resolve this issue and about a million calls to their useless Customer service that only can "escalate it to the second level department".
This card and the whole experience starts to look like a nightmare..
they promised to escalate it again (last time they literally had 9 escalation notes on my account and "second level guy" only called me after my complain to BBB).
Apr 17, 2010
71 posts
7 upvotes
Another newbie question, I found some older Silver Paypower Cards at Safeway today, it says the expiration date is Feb 2019.. So after that what happens? Do I get to keep the silver card or Will I be forced to get the black card once the card expires??
Aug 11, 2006
22 posts
10 upvotes
Fredericton
I had all 5 cards on my account suspended a few weeks ago, and my wife's account just had the same thing happen today. I've been trying to get $2,500 back on my cards ever since since it happened on my account, but their customer support is garbage. Not looking forward to having to float a similar amount for my wife's account while they hopefully sort this out. What an awful company.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6151 upvotes
Scottathon wrote: I had all 5 cards on my account suspended a few weeks ago, and my wife's account just had the same thing happen today. I've been trying to get $2,500 back on my cards ever since since it happened on my account, but their customer support is garbage. Not looking forward to having to float a similar amount for my wife's account while they hopefully sort this out. What an awful company.
Did you use the ATM too many times?
Apr 17, 2010
71 posts
7 upvotes
rokim99 wrote: Another newbie question, I found some older Silver Paypower Cards at Safeway today, it says the expiration date is Feb 2019.. So after that what happens? Do I get to keep the silver card or Will I be forced to get the black card once the card expires??
Anyone knows the answer to this?
Jul 3, 2017
295 posts
196 upvotes
EuRaFree wrote: Keep an eye on your transactions guys. Today PP admitted that the system "lost" my $100 somehow. It's been 2nd time already in 3 months. Spent about a month last time to resolve this issue and about a million calls to their useless Customer service that only can "escalate it to the second level department".
This card and the whole experience starts to look like a nightmare..
they promised to escalate it again (last time they literally had 9 escalation notes on my account and "second level guy" only called me after my complain to BBB).
Third confirmed DP on this, So far my experience has been great but I track my expenses to the penny, I'd also advise people to do the same. Mind you, you should be doing that regardless it's PP or a big bank... you never know when a fraudulent transaction will sneak in.
Scottathon wrote: I had all 5 cards on my account suspended a few weeks ago, and my wife's account just had the same thing happen today. I've been trying to get $2,500 back on my cards ever since since it happened on my account, but their customer support is garbage. Not looking forward to having to float a similar amount for my wife's account while they hopefully sort this out. What an awful company.
I'm curious, also if this was because of ATM withdrawals. If that's the case, how many times, how often, how much and for how long? ;)
Aug 11, 2006
22 posts
10 upvotes
Fredericton
Not many ATM withdrawals - maybe once a month per card. Their customer support is continuing to be completely useless. I will never deal with another Home Trust product if I can help it.
Jan 24, 2007
508 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
Scottathon wrote: Not many ATM withdrawals - maybe once a month per card. Their customer support is continuing to be completely useless. I will never deal with another Home Trust product if I can help it.
so they didn't give you any reason for why this happened ?
Aug 11, 2006
22 posts
10 upvotes
Fredericton
Nope. I've talked to multiple reps and they've all said they don't know why it happened, but that there is nothing they can do.
Jul 3, 2017
295 posts
196 upvotes
Scottathon wrote: Not many ATM withdrawals - maybe once a month per card. Their customer support is continuing to be completely useless. I will never deal with another Home Trust product if I can help it.
wow, once per month per card doesn't sound crazy but could be very well why. Do you know your average spend on purchases per month per card? I'd think that if you spend a bunch they'd "look the other way" for a few ATM withdrawals.
Nov 12, 2011
335 posts
247 upvotes
If I want to put $10k on my PayPower then I need to pay reload fees 5 times right?

• Get card. Reload up to $1k. Pay $7.
  • Go to website, make it re-loadable by verifying ID.
  • Go back to store and reload up to $2.5k 4 times. Pay $7 x 4.
Jan 24, 2007
508 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
AvacadoLover wrote: If I want to put $10k on my PayPower then I need to pay reload fees 5 times right?

• Get card. Reload up to $1k. Pay $7.
  • Go back to store and reload up to $2.5k 4 times. Pay $7 x 4.
Unless I'm mistaken, you can only do reloads of up to 500$ per load.

so it would look more like this:
  • Get card from store, load 500$, 10$ fee
  • Go back to store and reload 500$ 19 times, Pay $7 x 19 = 133$ .
total cost = 143$.
Nov 12, 2011
335 posts
247 upvotes
minib26 wrote: Unless I'm mistaken, you can only do reloads of up to 500$ per load.

so it would look more like this:
  • Get card from store, load 500$, 10$ fee
  • Go back to store and reload 500$ 19 times, Pay $7 x 19 = 133$ .
total cost = 143$.
It is $10 for the initial card? The first post said $7. Where did the other $3 comes from?

$500 reload limit is quite low. That is unfortunate.
Jan 24, 2007
508 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
AvacadoLover wrote: It is $10 for the initial card? The first post said $7. Where did the other $3 comes from?

$500 reload limit is quite low. That is unfortunate.
used to be 7, but they've updated the cards (black cards) and the initial fee is 10$, reloads are 7$.

the old grey cards, initial fee is 7$ and reloads are 5$
Mar 15, 2009
386 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
PhobMX wrote: Third confirmed DP on this, So far my experience has been great but I track my expenses to the penny, I'd also advise people to do the same.
Was about a month until I saw my money that mysteriously vanished come back. Agreed that PP customer service is essentially non-existent aside from making an escalation request. I also made a half dozen escalations and the only call I ever got back was from someone who was barely able to communicate in English who told me "We see your money is missing but we're not sure why or what we're going to do about it" and then nothing until it magically appeared and no calls back after either. I used to use PP for everyday non-5x spending but now I never leave money on the cards. I just load them and then immediately pay rent and telecom bills so it can't happen again. I used to keep them loaded primarily for Costco and Loblaws but I guess I can do ebates for Loblaws and gain an extra 1% and get Costco cash cards online with PP. Probably the safest thing to do.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Linyanmonmon