Credit Cards

Prepaid Credit Cards (Continuously Updated)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 2:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
canuckcolehead wrote: I’ve got 2 grey cards registered on my account, is only 1 reloadable? Or am I grandfathered?
yes, it seems only 1 card per account ... this is what i was told ...
whether or not you can have more than 1 in the account will depend when you registered them ... and if you did not make them reloadable before the rule change, you will run into an error if you try now ...

i don't really understand the new limitations ...
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
minimalist wrote: Does that mean that those of us with reloadable grey cards will be forced to buy black cards in 2021 when our cards expire? This is assuming there will be no new grey cards to purchase in 2021.
yes, that's what the rep told me when i ask that specific question ... in fact, when you call in, the reps will always start by asking you which color is yr card ... and they seems to know very little about the grey card ... they are better equiped to answer questions related to the black one ...
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
2506 posts
1279 upvotes
ON
minimalist wrote: Does that mean that those of us with reloadable grey cards will be forced to buy black cards in 2021 when our cards expire? This is assuming there will be no new grey cards to purchase in 2021.
No, I think what happens is when the card expires you call them and they send you a new card. It will come in the mail and we won't have to spend the purchase fee, just the new reload and monthly fees.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
for those who had multiple cc's registered, have you been able to deregister ?

i have 5 registered, and wish to de-register ... but seems impossible to do ...
Nov 19, 2017
179 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
LOL808 wrote: for those who had multiple cc's registered, have you been able to deregister ?

i have 5 registered, and wish to de-register ... but seems impossible to do ...
You have to call PP to deregister.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2372 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
I found out I have a pending charge (that was rejected by Shoppers on Mar 15) but the charge shows as pending on my Paypower account (Grey card). Any idea how long this "pending charge" will take to clear? I called Paypower and the answers was get Shoppers to provide you a transaction number (there are none cuz the transaction didn't go through) or ask Shoppers to email you confirmation of the cancellation (how would they track this if the charge didn't go through?). It sounds like they have a call centre based in the Philippines.

Thanks.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
aokec wrote: I found out I have a pending charge (that was rejected by Shoppers on Mar 15) but the charge shows as pending on my Paypower account (Grey card). Any idea how long this "pending charge" will take to clear? I called Paypower and the answers was get Shoppers to provide you a transaction number (there are none cuz the transaction didn't go through) or ask Shoppers to email you confirmation of the cancellation (how would they track this if the charge didn't go through?). It sounds like they have a call centre based in the Philippines.

Thanks.
can u elaborate a bit more ... how did you use the card? was it used in a shopper store? why/how was the charge rejected? if it is rejected, usually it will take 1 or 2 wks before it get "reimbursed" ...
their call center is in san salvador ...
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1171 posts
741 upvotes
Toronto
i just tried upgrading my card from express reload to select reload (top level), but I made a mistake and answered the KYC questions wrong. now it says PP is temporary unable to upgrade mt card and to try later, or call their Customer support. But seeing how their call center is a nightmare. How long will it take until I can try again or do I have to call them now?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
G0DKING wrote: Hey are Amex cards missing as a payee for PP's billpay function
All I can see is the Scotia Amex
yes =))))) you can however pay a LOC acct at TD and pay AMEX hahhahaha
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
dekvitaly wrote: yes =))))) you can however pay a LOC acct at TD and pay AMEX hahhahaha
Can we do same with Scotia LOC?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
nonrefundable wrote: Couldn't find Scotia LOC. Only TD and Canadian Tire LOC are listed.
try this:

SCOTIABANK SCOTIALINE
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
2506 posts
1279 upvotes
ON
LOL808 wrote: try this:

SCOTIABANK SCOTIALINE
Hmm, it can only handle 13 digit acct numbers...
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
thetipster wrote: Hmm, it can only handle 13 digit acct numbers...
Google it out. Reddit says the first 13 digits
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Dec 8, 2010
721 posts
300 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
minimalist wrote: Need some advice.

I buy my PP MCs at Foodland-only Amex accepting grocery store in my small town.

So far no problem buying grey cards. I haven't upgraded to reloadable until this week in order to take advantage of new pay bill service.

So I upgraded a card online recently and paid a bill.

Then I visited Foodland to reload. Cashier checked with someone (manager?) and said "no they don't reload".

What's my next step? Call Paypower or Foodland? There are no other grocery stores that sell PP in my area. I think I read that online reload is limited to only $200. Doesn't seem to make economic sense.
I got the same issue with reloading at Food Basics. The cashier said she could load a new card, but not to reload. Anyway, she tried to reload by scanning my PP card. I heard a weird beeping error, but didn't see anything came up in the screen facing to me. Is there any special instruction that I can give to the cashier e.g. to bypass or override the error message and try to rescan again?
Nov 24, 2017
269 posts
248 upvotes
British Columbia
It’s entirely up to the store’s discretion on whether they choose to reload. I’ve had mixed results from one shop in my town. some clerks won’t reload, while others will only reload on debit or cash.

One issue I had was one clerk hit the gift card button on her screen and then scanned my pp card. That didn’t work (it made a beeping error).

They need to scan the card only, and their screen will ask them for the reload amount
Dec 8, 2010
721 posts
300 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Mammoths wrote: It’s entirely up to the store’s discretion on whether they choose to reload. I’ve had mixed results from one shop in my town. some clerks won’t reload, while others will only reload on debit or cash.

One issue I had was one clerk hit the gift card button on her screen and then scanned my pp card. That didn’t work (it made a beeping error).

They need to scan the card only, and their screen will ask them for the reload amount
Thx. Will try again. I didn’t think she hit any key before scanning my card. I will try to ask next time what the cashier see on their screen.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
At my last reload it was in the late evening and only one manager and mostly high school kids (I think) that were at the cashiers. They had no idea what to do with the PP card, and were passing it back and forth to each other, giggling and saying they never had seen one of these cards before. Thanks to people on here who suggested that you just need to get them to scan the card, that I knew to ask them to do that. Bingo, the kid stopped giggling and asked me how much I wanted to load in. So yeah, just get them to scan it...in my case, it was with the gun scanner blasteroonie thingy. You know what I mean.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
i have not been following this thread closely ... what color is the new pp card supposed to be?

i received a new 1 today and it is not the black one ... it is the grey one ... are there any differences between the two colored cards?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

bobbutterfly502, fumbrunner