Credit Cards

Prepaid Credit Cards (Continuously Updated)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2024 2:06 am
Tags:
None
May 10, 2020
6 posts
Good morning,

Is it still 5k a month? Looks like something has been changed, at least it's not 2k a week anymore. Maybe I got banned :-(
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2011
1039 posts
1189 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: If u don't use the pp card for one whole month they won't charge u.? Or after 2nd month u get dinged double?
They will charge you double, or however many months you missed.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2011
1039 posts
1189 upvotes
parzmil wrote: Hey guys just looking for an updated DP for those who use PP. I read a few DP's upthread about PP charging you a double or triple monthly maintenance fee when reloading it after card has been dormant for a few months? Is this still the case? If I use the card for a month and drain it to 0 then don't use it for a few months when I reload they will charge me the missing months maintenance fee on the next time I load it?
This is still the case.
Also is AMEX available now via online loading or still just Visa/Mastercard? Thanks
No, and I doubt Amex payment will ever be available.
Aug 1, 2013
101 posts
43 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Easy to close?
Fairly easy to close by calling a CSR. However, pain to make another one reloadable. I am unsure if this is my isolated case. The closed one disappeared from my dashboard, but the newly registered one cannot be easily reloadable. First, there was no "reloadable" button on PP website although there was no "reloadable" card on the dashboard. It took me a couple of weeks to make it reloadable by working with a CSR patiently.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
so if u make the pp reloadable ur stuck paying 5 bucks a month??? so its like 60 yearly fees? damn! thats too much! i guess u gotta pump and dump the BPs in one month to max it out huh...is it easy to get powerplus status? any extra fees or IDs u gotta send in? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4430 upvotes
BC
FWIW last month I did a PP reload for the first time since December and as usual I wasn't charged any monthly fee(s).

Also my grey card will expire later this year. Does anyone already have a grey card expire? Do they send a new one automatically? I'm also wondering if one just loads and uses bill pay, whether one needs the card at all. Maybe BP will simply continue to work after the card expires? Any DPs?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
rhw123 wrote: FWIW last month I did a PP reload for the first time since December and as usual I wasn't charged any monthly fee(s).

Also my grey card will expire later this year. Does anyone already have a grey card expire? Do they send a new one automatically? I'm also wondering if one just loads and uses bill pay, whether one needs the card at all. Maybe BP will simply continue to work after the card expires? Any DPs?
i think u get dinged once u do a BP or spend on the card
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
mikka2017 wrote: so if u make the pp reloadable ur stuck paying 5 bucks a month??? so its like 60 yearly fees? damn! thats too much! i guess u gotta pump and dump the BPs in one month to max it out huh...is it easy to get powerplus status? any extra fees or IDs u gotta send in? tia
  1. then don't bother with it
  2. Okay
  3. Sure, just complete the credit history quiz on the soft pull
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Dec 6, 2019
1 posts
I looked at getting that one a while back but there doesn’t seem to be a way to order it online. You have to go in store to present ID and locations seem to be few and far between.
Jan 24, 2015
254 posts
96 upvotes
York, ON
I've done the thread search and couldn't find anything about anyone being able to find CIBC LoC as a Payee in PP. Has anyone been able to find the search term? I've used all possible search terms that I could think of on the PP online Bill Pay portal. TIA
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Steejn wrote: I've done the thread search and couldn't find anything about anyone being able to find CIBC LoC as a Payee in PP. Has anyone been able to find the search term? I've used all possible search terms that I could think of on the PP online Bill Pay portal. TIA
Afaik CIBC PLOC is not a bill payee anywhere. Their business low interest/LOC product is a VISA, afaik and that one should work via CC bill pay,

Only TD CT and BNS uLOC's generally work as bill payees afaik.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Nov 22, 2012
812 posts
940 upvotes
NS
I just received an email from CIBC regarding their current promotion of the AC Conversion Visa Prepaid Card.

For a limited time earn cash back on all spend with your prepaid card. We’re delighted to announce that your AC Conversion™ Visa* Prepaid Card now gives you 1% cash back on all your domestic and international online purchases.

This offer applies to net purchases posted to your account May 1st, 2021 until October 31st, 2021. 1% cash back is earned on purchases less returns and credits in the currency in which the purchase was made. CIBC foreign exchange rates apply and may fluctuate. The cash back will be credited in the currency in which the qualifying purchases were made using the CIBC foreign exchange rate in effect on the day the cash back is credited to your account, which may not be the same rate as the day of the purchase.

For this offer the following do not qualify as purchases: cash withdrawals and loads to card. The cash back earned with this offer will accumulate monthly and will be posted as a credit to your account within 10 calendar days of each month’s end during the offer period. Your prepaid card must be open at the time the cash back is credited to your account.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2373 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
I reloaded a grey Paypower card this morning that I hadn't used in over a year, checked my balance online and it read $2500 but I tried making a large payment an hour later and it declined. I called the CSR, they answered fairly quickly but they seemed to be following a script. She said the max you can pay is $500 each transaction (not true), then went back to her notes, then came back and said each transaction costs $1.95 (again not true) at which point I hung up since I wasn't going to get a straight answer from her. Anyone know what happened? I suspect it's because they need to charge me my monthly maintenance fee before releasing the funds.
Aug 1, 2013
101 posts
43 upvotes
WonL418 wrote: If PP online reloading is counted as "Cash Advance", is there any fee occurred by doing it? I hope to try with my TD visa card but I wonder if there is any additional fee. I heard TD has 22% interest for cash advance.
Any solid DP? Since this is not ATM withdrawal, no charge would occur but cash advance does not have interest grace period. So technically 22% interest might be charged from Day 1. Then it beats the purpose of $2 fee saving.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
aokec wrote: I reloaded a grey Paypower card this morning that I hadn't used in over a year, checked my balance online and it read $2500 but I tried making a large payment an hour later and it declined. I called the CSR, they answered fairly quickly but they seemed to be following a script. She said the max you can pay is $500 each transaction (not true), then went back to her notes, then came back and said each transaction costs $1.95 (again not true) at which point I hung up since I wasn't going to get a straight answer from her. Anyone know what happened? I suspect it's because they need to charge me my monthly maintenance fee before releasing the funds.
are you still able to login ..?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4430 upvotes
BC
WonL418 wrote: Any solid DP? Since this is not ATM withdrawal, no charge would occur but cash advance does not have interest grace period. So technically 22% interest might be charged from Day 1. Then it beats the purpose of $2 fee saving.
Yes, if it clicks as cash advance you'll pay a cash advance fee and the interest counter starts ticking immediately. Also, you don't earn any rewards. There are DPs upthread on loading PP online with TD or other cards.
Aug 1, 2013
101 posts
43 upvotes
Thanks for confirming. I guess it does not worth trying this then.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2373 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Yes online it says I have $2500 on the card. I just rechecked it

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

cfcbug