Credit Cards

Prepaid Credit Cards (Continuously Updated)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2024 2:06 am
Tags:
None
Nov 17, 2019
85 posts
69 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: It does at my local 7-11. Since it is the only 7-11 in my city that has Petro Can gas pump attached, I can not prove if it works at other 7-11 with Petro Can gas pump or not. So it could be ymmv.
Normally, it doesn't work at a real Petro Can station.

Is it worth it to get the loadable myvanilla card? It does seems cheaper compared to the activation fee each time by a wee bit, but has monthly fee and loading fee, max 15k a month? Trying to find more about the vanilla reload but not having much luck
Dec 28, 2018
187 posts
162 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: does pp have pc financial WE mastercard as a payee? if yes, u can send it to that and transfer money over to bank account by requesting:

the above method works right? tia
I tried that before. PCF is very strict that they can only refund to the bank account that sends money, not the bank account of your choice. Meaning they will send back to PayPower account somehow. Finally I have to request a refund by cheque with $10 or $20 fee. Lesson learnt.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6150 upvotes
FireBoltI wrote: Is it worth it to get the loadable myvanilla card? It does seems cheaper compared to the activation fee each time by a wee bit, but has monthly fee and loading fee, max 15k a month? Trying to find more about the vanilla reload but not having much luck
If you are going to buy at least $2000 prepaid cards every month, then reloadable one is better. What other info you want to know? It is max 15 reloads per month. 7-11 only sells reload PIN with max of $300 each for $3.95 + taxes fee. So it is max $4500 reloads per month.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2120 posts
571 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: In my case, having MY name on both of my PPMCs has actually been a handicap, because a couple of times the staff balked at why the CC with my wife's or Jr. Bee's name doesn't match up. :facepalm:

Like you, I had to come back another day, or I ended up going to another grocer with less-picky checks. :rolleyes:

Man, what a shackling hobby this is.
Man my reload request got declined again today. grrr
I am not evil; I just live another way
Nov 17, 2019
85 posts
69 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: If you are going to buy at least $2000 prepaid cards every month, then reloadable one is better. What other info you want to know? It is max 15 reloads per month. 7-11 only sells reload PIN with max of $300 each for $3.95 + taxes fee. So it is max $4500 reloads per month.

Wanting a bit more info on the reloading part before acting on it since most I see online seems to be from the US. Is Vanilla reload something online or it that getting a loading card/pin type thing, also seems like some locations might be able to load up as well but cash/debit only I assume

so $5/monthly fee + $4/reload at $300 max each time?
or pay per card activation fee $6 and hope they have to manually do it and forget the fee =P
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
FireBoltI wrote: Wanting a bit more info on the reloading part before acting on it since most I see online seems to be from the US. Is Vanilla reload something online or it that getting a loading card/pin type thing, also seems like some locations might be able to load up as well but cash/debit only I assume

or pay per card activation fee $6 and hope they have to manually do it and forget the fee =P
u can reload PP online now, its 4.95$ fee as opposed to 6.95$ fees at metro/sobeys...course u won't get 5x the points but if your using the amex SCP cc , it wont matter
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6150 upvotes
FireBoltI wrote: Wanting a bit more info on the reloading part before acting on it since most I see online seems to be from the US. Is Vanilla reload something online or it that getting a loading card/pin type thing, also seems like some locations might be able to load up as well but cash/debit only I assume

reload PINs only sold at 7-11 stores, at least in the west. no online reload. I have seen people said some stores only allow cash/debit. yes $5/monthly fee + $4/reload at $300 max each time.
Apr 17, 2010
71 posts
7 upvotes
joeags wrote:
They also placed a note on the login page noting BP was down and will be back. No doom and gloom for now!
I know most of the older PP gray card is expiring on October 2021,,, does anyone know what happens after that? Can we continue to use this card (even after expiry date) or are we forced to get a new PP white / black card (with higher fees) at that time?
Nov 17, 2019
85 posts
69 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: reload PINs only sold at 7-11 stores, at least in the west. no online reload. I have seen people said some stores only allow cash/debit. yes $5/monthly fee + $4/reload at $300 max each time.
Thanks much!
It seems like better off to do one time for Vanilla and for reloadable with PP
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
rokim99 wrote: I know most of the older PP gray card is expiring on October 2021,,, does anyone know what happens after that? Can we continue to use this card (even after expiry date) or are we forced to get a new PP white / black card (with higher fees) at that time?
I would like to know as well. I imagine they will need to be replaced by the newer versions.

BTW, I have 2 grey cards, expiring in 09/23 and 11/23. I’m not in the loop. Why are most grey cards expiring in 10/21?
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
May 3, 2019
67 posts
53 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: I would like to know as well. I imagine they will need to be replaced by the newer versions.

BTW, I have 2 grey cards, expiring in 09/23 and 11/23. I’m not in the loop. Why are most grey cards expiring in 10/21?
Are you sure you don't have the white ones that are sent out by Paypower? these have names printed on them. the grey ones that others are referring to are the ones sold in stores many years ago. they took them off the shelf about 1 year ago.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4430 upvotes
BC
From https://paypower.ca/terms:
Card expiry and access to funds: Your right to use the funds loaded on the Card does not expire. If funds remain on the Card after the expiry date, contact customer service for information on how to receive a replacement Card.

My grey card expires 10/21.

I actually never use the card to make payments, I only do bill payments, so I wonder if a replacement card is needed at all to keep reloading & making bill payments.....
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6150 upvotes
FireBoltI wrote: Thanks much!
It seems like better off to do one time for Vanilla and for reloadable with PP
Can you provide the reason for that ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
bizmaster wrote: Are you sure you don't have the white ones that are sent out by Paypower? these have names printed on them. the grey ones that others are referring to are the ones sold in stores many years ago. they took them off the shelf about 1 year ago.
I see. Makes sense now, thanks

Yes, both of my cards are grey with my name on them and were sent to me by PT. When I hold them in my hands, they are grey coloured to the naked eye in person. However, online one appears with a grey card icon and the other has a white icon. Both incur the $4.95 reload fees.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Nov 17, 2019
85 posts
69 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: Can you provide the reason for that ?
From what I gathered
Vanilla - $500 $6 activation fee, or loadable card $500 (techinically $600) $7 in fees with a monthly fee of $5,
PP - $500 card $10 activation fee, or loadable $2500 max?ymmv? or use $500 for same comparison $5 in fees with same monthly fee of $5
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
2506 posts
1280 upvotes
ON
bizee-bee wrote: I see. Makes sense now, thanks

Yes, both of my cards are grey with my name on them and were sent to me by PT. When I hold them in my hands, they are grey coloured to the naked eye in person. However, online one appears with a grey card icon and the other has a white icon. Both incur the $4.95 reload fees.
I can confirm that there are grey cards expiring 2023.
I have 2 cards expiring 10/21 and 2 of them expiring in 2023.
May 3, 2019
67 posts
53 upvotes
thetipster wrote: I can confirm that there are grey cards expiring 2023.
I have 2 cards expiring 10/21 and 2 of them expiring in 2023.
These aren't the ones from the stores, right? All the ones i've seen from the stores have the expiry date 10/21

These should be the personalized ones sent from PP. they have a name printed on them and various expiry dates.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
2506 posts
1280 upvotes
ON
bizmaster wrote: These aren't the ones from the stores, right? All the ones i've seen from the stores have the expiry date 10/21

These should be the personalized ones sent from PP. they have a name printed on them and various expiry dates.
Yeah I think you are right
Nov 17, 2019
85 posts
69 upvotes
Only went to 2 7-11's, both only had Vanilla cards that said max $200

Are $500 super rare to come across?
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6150 upvotes
FireBoltI wrote: Only went to 2 7-11's, both only had Vanilla cards that said max $200

Are $500 super rare to come across?
the $500 one is called Onevanilla, which is variable load. You can load between $25 - $500. But the fee is the same $7.95 + taxes, no matter how much you want to load. Not all 7-11 stores carry them because they are not well known so not in high demand. You just have to keep trying different 7-11 stores.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

SuperTinyPiglet