Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

presale Mini M8S II Amlogic S905X $36.99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2016 1:01 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
JPTN wrote: Ordered two on August 15th, selecting "Priority" (free) shipping: $73.57 USD (~$96.56 CAD).
Shipped on August 16th.
Arrived on August 17th via DHL with $28.42 CAD in duties/taxes.

Need to update and test out wireless and wired speeds.
yeah, i ordered a box from geekbuying and didn't realize until after i ordered it their free priority shipping was DHL, looks like i'll be getting hit with extra charges too :(
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1250 posts
1202 upvotes
Ottawa
I have a 2.5" external USB HDD plugged in and it's constantly bringing up the eject/browse screen. Is there anyway to get it to stop? I just want to stream videos off of the drive, that's the ONLY reason I bought this damn Android box...

And I read that the max internal SD card support is 32 GB??? Why so low?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2123 posts
1357 upvotes
Toronto
SynGamer wrote: I have a 2.5" external USB HDD plugged in and it's constantly bringing up the eject/browse screen. Is there anyway to get it to stop? I just want to stream videos off of the drive, that's the ONLY reason I bought this damn Android box...

And I read that the max internal SD card support is 32 GB??? Why so low?
That eject/brown screen only comes up once for me initially when I plug-in the drive. After that, I don't see it again unless I do a reboot/turn on the box.
Aug 23, 2014
72 posts
46 upvotes
can anyone who chose the free shipping option and received theirs give me an estimate on how long it took? my tracking has said "The item is on transport to the country of destination" since the 9th (ordered on the 27th).
Nov 26, 2011
528 posts
162 upvotes
Spartakill wrote: can anyone who chose the free shipping option and received theirs give me an estimate on how long it took? my tracking has said "The item is on transport to the country of destination" since the 9th (ordered on the 27th).
Me shipped on 4th, arrived in Van on 20th (16 days by sea i think)
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1198 posts
657 upvotes
Just got this box -- I find it very puzzling the remote has no pause button. I can't for the life of me figure out how to pause in Netflix, or how to update the Netflix app. Any ideas?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain.
Dec 14, 2005
923 posts
558 upvotes
Mississauga
ordered on Aug 10 using Priority Direct Mail and I received on Aug 23. No extra fees

I'm trying to use my iPhone with Airplay on this box but whenever I send an YouTube video to the device the phone is asking for a password.
Does anybody know how to get around that? There is no place to set up a password in the box.

Is there any other way to control the box with the phone?

Thanks
Dec 7, 2001
532 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone else have the issue of sound stuttering on the box during playback? Mine every few minutes does a sound that reminds me of old school rap. If the person in the video was saying "video", I would hear "vid-vid-vid-vid-video".
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1250 posts
1202 upvotes
Ottawa
This is a great little machine, but it's not what I was expecting, any not what I need. Going to be putting this up on the BTS section soon I think.
Dec 16, 2012
788 posts
510 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Got mine a week ago and it came pre installed with 20160805 so im gonna play around with it and see if it has any wifi drops but so far so good

B :)
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2935 posts
1149 upvotes
KillerX wrote: Got mine a week ago and it came pre installed with 20160805 so im gonna play around with it and see if it has any wifi drops but so far so good

B :)
Same here, very much enjoying it so far! Nice value for sure.
Nov 13, 2013
357 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone notice that the internal storage is 4gb, not 8gb?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)