• Mar 3rd, 2009 8:30 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 27, 2004
807 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa

"Prescription" Nizoral-cheaper?

A guy I know from Hong Kong has a bottle of Nizoral (anti-dandruff shampoo) he got prescribed to him over there. He needs a new bottle and we were wondering; is the "prescription" Nizoral the same thing that you can buy over-the-counter here, or is his version stronger? Is there a "prescription" Nizoral under the same brand that's stronger (kinda like Tylonol-3)?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2220 upvotes
If it was more potent the hair loss guys would be all over it.

Check the hair-loss forums :)
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Jan 19, 2008
176 posts
6 upvotes
Why don't you just bring the bottle in to a Shoppers and compare the percentage of the active ingredient with that of the Nizoral that's available over-the-counter?

Then you can tell if they're the same or not.
Feb 27, 2004
807 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Mui_Mui wrote: Why don't you just bring the bottle in to a Shoppers and compare the percentage of the active ingredient with that of the Nizoral that's available over-the-counter?

Then you can tell if they're the same or not.
We would have done that, but unfortunately the label's too messed up to do that (he keeps the bottle in the corner of the shower, so over time the water damaged the label).
Feb 4, 2007
931 posts
7 upvotes
It's the same thing. Only difference is that if you get a prescription for it, you save the taxes and you can claim it on your drug insurance plan. Pharmacist took it right off the shelf and placed the label on it when I presented my prescription.