• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2006 5:29 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 12, 2006
11 posts

Presidents Choice Financial - Host of Problems

I'm not sure if anyone is having problems with Presidents Choice Finacial lately.

I needed a number of services with them lately including:

1. Updating my address with them online. Every time I do this I type in my information, click update, it refreshes the screen and states my new address is the same as the old. It's impossible to change!

2. I recieved a new debit card in the mail. On the card is a toll free # to call to activate it. I call the number and there is no options anywhere to activate cards with their voice service.

3. I now live 200 km from the nearest Superstore. Every time I visit a kiosk to talk to someone about the above problems (plus the fact I forgot my telephone password and have to get it back) there is nobody in the kiosk and this is during regular "banking hours".

Yeesh, I'm not expecting the regular services of a bank with this institution but I'm getting kind of freaked out. If something really serious goes on then I have nobody to talk to!
7 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
16893 posts
1821 upvotes
GTA West
1. Disturbing. Did you try other browsers? Is javascript enabled? You can also do this over the phone. I changed my address online about 4 months ago and it went smoothly.

2. After you phone in and select the language, press 0 to speak to an agent. (Though I am disturbed that it didn't automatically connect you to an agent.)

3. I don't know what's up with their kiosks, but you should be able to phone in and do all your banking setup stuff.

Overall I find #2 and #3 to be particularly disturbing. Though I don't have any problems with PCF myself.
Aug 4, 2004
534 posts
2 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:1. Disturbing. Did you try other browsers? Is javascript enabled? You can also do this over the phone. I changed my address online about 4 months ago and it went smoothly.

2. After you phone in and select the language, press 0 to speak to an agent. (Though I am disturbed that it didn't automatically connect you to an agent.)

3. I don't know what's up with their kiosks, but you should be able to phone in and do all your banking setup stuff.

Overall I find #2 and #3 to be particularly disturbing. Though I don't have any problems with PCF myself.

I have dealt with PCF for many years and have NEVER had a problem speaking with an agent. Also the phone system is set up on a menu system and after you punch in your card number and pw then you press 0 to speak to an operator, never had a problem with it.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4719 posts
53 upvotes
Local
I've never had to "activate" my debit card. I had to activate my mothers visa card once. The teller at the pavilion told me to deposit money inside, then it was activated instantly. When I use PCF to get on the phone with an agent, I usually have to enter my info, go pass the machine. At first, I really don't like dealing with machines and all, but once u actually go through with it, it's not much of a pain to finally get to that agent to talk to. Finding that number to speak with a agent in person is always the hardest one to find.
Feb 28, 2002
556 posts
GTA
Too bad to hear you're having problems. I've been using PCF for years as well and have yet to encounter any major problem with them, only the occasional minor nuisance.

Perhaps the kiosk staff are skipping out on the job, it would be good for you to write a complaint and if possible list the dates/times you went when there was no staff available.
Sep 5, 2006
1 posts
Toronto
I am divorced, however prior to that I did a legal name change, documented out the wazoo, I was told that I could NOT change my name with PCF :mad: unless I provided a cerifioed copy of my divorce decree.

Even with all the appropriate docs, and as an aside I was able to change my name with drivers licence, other banks, SIN, credit card co..... Go figure... So I took my money and walked to a bank that gave a damn.
Nov 27, 2005
649 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Tinkerbell_Loves_Peter wrote:I am divorced, however ... I was told that I could NOT change my name with PCF :mad: unless I provided a cerifioed copy of my divorce decree.
Umm...maybe it's just how I'm reading this, but why couldn't you just do what they ask?
Jan 28, 2003
10 posts
I had my Mortgage at PCF for 5 years and just moved it to Scotiabank last month because I found it too hard to deal with people who are 3000 miles away over the phone for any dealings with my mortgage. We recently went back to re nagotiate our mortgage at the end of the term with PCF and to get a little extra equity out to finish our basement.. after 2 months of going back and forth with them we went to our local Scotiabank and sat down with a human and had the finacning in place to do our basement with the move of our mortgage with a better variable rate in a few days. So PCF is great if you only want to use them for 0 fee banking but when it comes to personal loans etc it is all black and white and no grey areas... They need to tweak the service portion.

LKB :(