• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2011 3:34 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 3, 2008
3 posts
Windsor

[President's Choice] Presidents Choice Gas Grills

see below and www.superstore.ca (weekly flyer) for pictures - can't link to the flash. These BBQ's look absolutely gorgeous and appear to be loaded w/ features for the price. I just have NO idea who builds these things for Presidents Choice - Anyone?

Going tomorrow to check out the details.... from the pics they loook 100% stainless (cabinet anyways) not sure about burners, grills, flame tamers etc..

Anyone have advice, opinions? Who makes these beasts??

57,000BTU 299.99
- stainless construction
- 497sqin
- 3 burner
- side burner
- enclosed storage (2 door cabinet)
- NG or LP

73,000BTU 549.99
- stainless construction
- 596sqin total 171sqin warming
- two hood (2/3 1/3 split)
- 4 main + side burner + IR rotiserie burner (6 total)
- smoker drawer (for loading wood chips)
- 3 drawer 1 door cabinet enclosed storage
- NG or LP

100,000BTU 799.99
- stainless construction
- 860sqin cooking, 192sqin warming
- two hood (3/4 1/4 split)
- 5 main + 1 side + IR searing + IR rotiserie
- 2 drawer, 2 door cabinet enclosed storage
- integrated lighting
- NG or LP
42 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1034 posts
72 upvotes
100,000BTU one is superb, NG is $50.00 more. I already have a nice one from Kenmore, otherwise,,, time for BBQ now.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1911 posts
173 upvotes
I saw these recently too in Loblaws and they looked great for the price. I think they have cast iron grills but don't quote me on that. I'm hoping someone can give a review here too.
May 13, 2007
870 posts
103 upvotes
WHITBY
I have some current customers who have purchased RCSS bbqs just a few years ago & the inner lower box has rusted out completely. They use a very poor Stainless steel & all you are going to do is replace your unit in a few years. If the lower box is galvanized on the bottom, you can write it off in 2-3 years. You can't get parts on older units. All I can say is don't do it. Believe me, I know bbqs. I sell more bbqs in Durham region than anyone except Home Depot.
Feb 27, 2005
589 posts
21 upvotes
Doesn't really surprise me, most of the PC-branded appliances are of the throwaway variety.
Aug 25, 2007
889 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
isitin wrote:
Apr 4th, 2008 8:48 pm
I have some current customers who have purchased RCSS bbqs just a few years ago & the inner lower box has rusted out completely. They use a very poor Stainless steel & all you are going to do is replace your unit in a few years. If the lower box is galvanized on the bottom, you can write it off in 2-3 years. You can't get parts on older units. All I can say is don't do it. Believe me, I know bbqs. I sell more bbqs in Durham region than anyone except Home Depot.
Thanks for the post. In your experience, what would you recommend in a decent stainless steel bbq for under $500?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5669 posts
161 upvotes
GTA
isitin wrote:
Apr 4th, 2008 8:48 pm
My father inlaw bought a SS unit from PC last year. Sure the thing looks pretty when not it use. Does it cook good??? That is a definite hell no!!! the unit is so bad in heat distribution barely half of the bbq can be used at one time.

Piece of trash, stay far away!!!!!!!

sk
May 13, 2007
870 posts
103 upvotes
WHITBY
nutttbar wrote:
Apr 4th, 2008 8:59 pm
Thanks for the post. In your experience, what would you recommend in a decent stainless steel bbq for under $500?
Wow, for $500 you will not get a great complete S/S bbq. Check out the link below. This is not my store, but he has great Q's & his prices are great. If you see something you like let me know. He is the king of bbqs. He kicks my ass in total sales.

http://www.bbqs.com/
Aug 25, 2007
889 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
isitin wrote:
Apr 4th, 2008 9:11 pm
Wow, for $500 you will not get a great complete S/S bbq. Check out the link below. This is not my store, but he has great Q's & his prices are great. If you see something you like let me know. He is the king of bbqs. He kicks my ass in total sales.

http://www.bbqs.com/
lol...I didn't ask for a great one, just a decent one! but for that price could I get a great INcomplete one???? ;)

btw, I checked out that site and the branding iron looks awesome...just not sure my wife would enjoy it! ;)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
6790 posts
760 upvotes
I would avoid these BBQs.

Chinese made with no parts available or warranty support. Questionable long term quality/reliability.

Buy Webber, Broil King ect.. real BBQ companies.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
22 upvotes
Any know if there's a tank exchange in East York?

Walmart says their propane tanks arrive at end of April. Looking to swap my old standard tank this weekend.

Also, what is the price + propane? Thank You
Aug 25, 2007
889 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
7jaii wrote:
Apr 4th, 2008 9:45 pm
Any know if there's a tank exchange in East York?

Walmart says their propane tanks arrive at end of April. Looking to swap my old standard tank this weekend.

Also, what is the price + propane? Thank You
why not just refill it for now and swap it next time you're empty?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
22 upvotes
nutttbar wrote:
Apr 4th, 2008 10:22 pm
why not just refill it for now and swap it next time you're empty?
I have the OLD tank that won't fit with new BBQs. My finally replaced my previous BBQ last weekend and want a tank with new adapter.
Banned
Jul 16, 2003
10398 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
I learned my lesson the hard way. I bought a "middle of the pack" bbq and it lasted me some 4 years. Then last year I ha dthe brilliant idea of buying the cheapest Walmart bbq. Great ! Lasted me enought until the end of the season. If anyone is interested, I'm ******************

Botton line : invest some money and get something that will last you many years to come.
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
Mortgage Intelligence - FSCO# 10428
× < >